test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't purchase, Skyblazer?

I have the Zen for Skyblazer, but I get the message "This character is unable to purchase this companion".

There's no requirements stated, so what is going on?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    ^ Bump ^

Is my sister and I, the only players with this problem?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I guess you are the only one. I saw those companion in game. Hence, somebody bought it successfully. I assume you have Zen in your neverwinter account (keeps in Zax does not count, keeps in ARC does not count). i.e. you see the Zen in your purse. The message you posted is the same message when I don't have enough Zen in my NW account.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Um, if I remember correctly, you can buy it on the auction house as well. It was part of the new expedition pack. If that doesnt work, I'm not sure why...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I have the same problem. It's just greyed out.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I cannot test this as I don't carry zen on me.

The Skyblazer? You would be better to buy one in the AH, (I know that means there is still a bug/glitch in the zen store) there are currently 3 below 650,000 AD. Whereas your zen cost is 2,500 (1,875,000 AD) in store without a discount. Even with a 20% off coupon, 2,000 zen (1,500,000 AD) . You could toss 867 zen into the exchange and instantly receive 650,250 AD to buy one. I suspect that price will be dropping as this doesn't seem to be a very popular companion... a bit more popular than other companions.

I think Cryptic will definitely want to fix the issue, you know purchases in zen is their priority.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    angelterri77#9997 angelterri77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2020

I have the same problem. It's just greyed out.

Ok so the forums deleted/ate my comment, so I'll try this again.

My sister (ButterKisses) put this topic up for me since I couldn't make one at the time.

I made a ticket because I couldn't buy the Skyblazer companion through the Zen store, after purchasing 30$ in Zen.

I am a level 44 Cleric. I have completed quests up to Ebon Downs (I have done all but the group dungeon in Vellskor (sp?). I have enough Zen, I can buy anything else in the Zen store (excluding what I don't have enough Zen for), and I have open inventory spaces. I say all this because it was the questions asked me in the ticket, as well as if there was some hidden reqs not added.

The GM asked me to come here and put info for those who might be having trouble as well.

Below is an IMGUR link to the screenshot I made showing the error I get. From what the GM says after they talked to their team, that it is a bug. I suggest anyone else in this thread or in the future, please make a ticket if you have this same issue.

https://imgur.com/AVdQgte

~~~~~

Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

I appreciate the information and screenshot you have provided. I went ahead and discussed your situation with our team. Upon investigation, I am afraid I was informed that you may have encountered a bug. Similar incidents are also being discussed on our forum. I will surely forward your ticket to the developers so they can work on it. It will also be helpful for you to share your thoughts on the said forum post or create a new thread to support the details I have already provided them. If you wish to start a new thread, you may do so here. Posting issues like this on the forum is a good way for other affected players to pitch in their ideas and experiences. Though the QA and/or development team may not directly respond to individual bug reports, rest assured that all submissions are reviewed.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for helping our team identify the nature of the problem and I truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please submit a new ticket if you have other concerns or queries.
    Regards,
    GM Etelia
    Game Master
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    In the meanwhile, use @sandukutupu suggestion and purchase that from auction house. It costs a lot less that way regardless if they can fix it successfully or not. You can buy one for your sister and one for yourself and keep some Zen in your pocket comparing with buying only one from Zen store.

I have just checked. It is 590K AD in auction house at this moment, cheaper than the time @sandukutupu posted her last night.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ATTN: @nitocris83
    I agree that definitely looks like a bug to me, unless new accounts are not allowed to purchase zen store items? To be honest, I haven't purchased anything for zen in a very very long time.

Once again, I looked in the AH and these are selling at 610,000 AD and still dropping in value. If you open the zen exchange in game you can easily afford to buy one (less low level bonding) for less than the 867 zen, as I mentioned above.

If you don't understand how the zen exchange works, you can click on the 3rd icon from the left at the top of your screen. It looks like a Z / astral diamond. This will bring up the exchange, the tab on the far right, will allow you to trade zen for AD at a rate of 1 zen per 750 AD.

I would call this an omen, and thank God, saving you from losing more zen than you needed to spend.

I am sure @nitocris83 will forward this up to the developers or maybe someone else knows why you can't toss all that zen on this companion? Maybe others have opinions as to why there are so many of this companion being thrown out on the AH?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @sandukutupu , I made my post at 11:14am and reported the price is 590K in AH. You posted yours at 11:20am and said the price went to 610K. I have just checked again. The same 590K still exists (expired in 4d 20h, implies it was posted 4 hours ago). The 2nd lowest 600K one (which I also saw at 11:14am, different seller, expires in 4d 20h) is still also there. I wonder somehow you cannot see all the AH posts. Something related to 'ignore list'?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for both your comments!

Apparently, the game is having a fit because I bought a 20$ then a 10$ Zen purchase after one another, and my account is flagged because of it .. so I can't exchange Zen. All because I didn't want to jump to the 50$ purchase and my "pattern" is strange. LOL I didn't play the game for months. Go flipping figure. /sigh (Not everyone is made out of money ya know!!!)

All this for a companion, I dunno if it's even worth it now. Bah.

https://imgur.com/NzUhJtR
  • Options
    @plasticbat we were replying about the same time today to this thread and yours got in before mine. I hadn't checked on the prices for this companion, so I was just quoting the last price I had seen.

@angelterri77#9997 I am so sorry for you, this is a horrible Zen purchase experience. I bought Zen from Star Trek online back in 2012 when I needed it to learn the Foundry for this game. If they would have continued the Foundry, and monetized it through Foundry Add on Packs in the zen store, I too would be buying Zen for cash from Neverwinter. But they never did and shut the Foundry down April 2019.

As to the worth or value of the companion; I would have to say, he looks good in appearance, but the majority of the players are into augments. I am not into augments. I like companions that are going kill, the thing that killed me, while I am bleeding out for those 10 seconds. I love it when my Zhentarim Warlock, Honey Badger, or Xuna takes the group down in the remaining seconds before I am forced to respawn at the campfire. Those 3 companions are pretty good in a fight.

I am told by all my friends who recently bought Zen, the most successful purchases are made direct from their billing web page. I am curious, did you buy through the web page, Arc launcher, or Steam? I am told Steam wallet tends to hold things up about a week. I know they sometime add too many layers of security to games. They are only looking out for your money, shortly to become their money, but it would be nice to have the ability to opt-out of some. Anytime I make online purchases myself, I use a VISA number my bank gives me for free. This is for a one time only use and keeps the seller from charging more than the agreed price.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Thanks for both your comments!

Apparently, the game is having a fit because I bought a 20$ then a 10$ Zen purchase after one another, and my account is flagged because of it .. so I can't exchange Zen. All because I didn't want to jump to the 50$ purchase and my "pattern" is strange. LOL I didn't play the game for months. Go flipping figure. /sigh (Not everyone is made out of money ya know!!!)

All this for a companion, I dunno if it's even worth it now. Bah.

https://imgur.com/NzUhJtR

Did you buy through Steam? If you buy through Steam you get a week or so of quarantine while they verify your transaction is legit. During that time you cannot exchange Zen nor resell Zen items you have purchased.

It is better to purchase Zen directy from Arc.
  • Options
    Hm that's a good question. When I go to purchase items, there is an overlay that comes up (something I get when I hit SHIFT+F1 as well). Not sure who that belongs to as when I chose options, such as game, server I'm on, then amount.
  • Options
    Whelp, the game finally allowed me to put my Zen in the exchange, so I was able to get the Skyblazer companion!

Now I need to figure out why I can't change loadouts at any campfire except Protector's Enclave ... /sigh
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Apply everything to all loadouts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Update :

1. Even on her new character, my sister still receives the same message. I do as well.

2. Some jerk was reading this thread, as they bought all the Skyblazers and set them back up as 1mil AD.

3. Hopefully, the devs will consider to fix this one day.
  • Options

Update :

1. Even on her new character, my sister still receives the same message. I do as well.

2. Some jerk was reading this thread, as they bought all the Skyblazers and set them back up as 1mil AD.

Players have the right to resell, but honestly I don't see them as being "wanted" by the community. As for developers "fixing", my friend bought one on these specialty companions back on mod 15, as far as I know, it is still broken. He paid cash, pretty sure of it. Once the sale is over, they just want you to pick up and move on to buy the next bright and shiny broken item.

I try to give these things time to find their true market price and don't panic buy. Lulu the Hollyphant is a zen market item companion. When they introduced it, I thought it was so cute but the companion comes with a name and backstory, so I don't want it. Others don't want it for the stats. They sold for millions of AD at first and slowly dropped to 350K then recently went up to 650K to 700K again. Once the Pack of Good Intentions is gone (zen store $100) she will no longer drop and the price will jump back up into the millions of AD. Another companion such as this is the Quickling. They were introduced as a charge event item years ago, now they sell for about 1 million AD.

Other than this companion issue, I hope you and your sister are enjoying the game together.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

Update :

Players have the right to resell, but honestly I don't see them as being "wanted" by the community. As for developers "fixing", my friend bought one on these specialty companions back on mod 15, as far as I know, it is still broken. He paid cash, pretty sure of it. Once the sale is over, they just want you to pick up and move on to buy the next bright and shiny broken item.

I try to give these things time to find their true market price and don't panic buy. Lulu the Hollyphant is a zen market item companion. When they introduced it, I thought it was so cute but the companion comes with a name and backstory, so I don't want it. Others don't want it for the stats. They sold for millions of AD at first and slowly dropped to 350K then recently went up to 650K to 700K again. Once the Pack of Good Intentions is gone (zen store $100) she will no longer drop and the price will jump back up into the millions of AD. Another companion such as this is the Quickling. They were introduced as a charge event item years ago, now they sell for about 1 million AD.

Other than this companion issue, I hope you and your sister are enjoying the game together.

Thank you. My sister is currently enjoying her mage, while I'm having a blast with my cleric.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's luck. Reddit seems full of stories of broken companions. That's not right, and any other company would have been brought up on fraud charges.