test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

companion powers not available

lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
edited August 2020 in PvE Discussion
hi all,
the problem is that i cant choose the power from my active companion for the defense slot.
i know its an old unfixed bug cause i send a ticket in 2018 or 2019 and nothing happened.
The comp goes direct into bolster and not in my inventory.
Have this problem on a few chars with different companions and i think many of you have it too.
I hope you can fix this quickly.
Thanks an greets...
chicken

chicken2

Comments

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    maybe i misunderstood, but if you are not seeing your other companions, you must have the companions only showing on favorites. go choose manage companions, and then uncheck the "show favorites only", and then all the other companions you have should now show up.
  • lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    hi and thx but thats not the problem. i cant choose the power from the chicken in the defense slot cause its not available. i remember that it was when i opened the egg and the comp didnt go to my inventar. the comp goes direct into the bolster.
    i have it on a few comps which have a chance to get (like egg with chicken and cockatrice). on my other char i cant choose the power from cockatrice for example and so on. I hope they can fix this.
    Thx and greets...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass on the report. Thanks!
  • chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Any news on this @nitocris83 ?
    I have an "Alchemist Experimenter" bound to my Character "Chev Chillios@chilli1212" but i cannot select the "Alchemists Discipline" Equip Power in my utility slot =(
    I can summon the Companion as an active one though!
  • chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Any news on this @nitocris83 ?
    I have an "Alchemist Experimenter" bound to my Character "Chev Chillios@chilli1212" but i cannot select the "Alchemists Discipline" Equip Power in my utility slot =(
    I can summon the Companion as an active one though!

Alright, i just got it fixed myself. Leaving the solution here, in case sb else has a similar problem. I went ahead and switched loadouts and would you believe it, there i can select "Alchemists Discipline" Equip Power in my utility slot. I did that and selected "Apply to all Loadouts". Switching back to the previously buggy Loadout i can now select and unselect the Equip Power there too.
  • kostonroxkostonrox Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue here, I have a set of old companions in different character equipped and have no power shown/available. Nothing suggested online is working. Change loadout, buying the same new companion, etc. I also tried to give it an upgrade of level, nothing happened, with that being said, I have lost all my progress due to the bug and that would be unfair as there are no tooltips, or heads up or whatever that this would happen. I have wasted millions of AD, time and effort just to do so, going through the hassle to make a report, waiting days for a reply that doesn't help fixing the issues is really upsetting and discouraging. :(

Would there be a way to fix this, or a way to compensate so that we can have the same item at the same level and value so that we don't have to lose out all the progress and effort we've made. For example, an unbind version of the same set of companions being rewarded back to the account alongside with the upgrade token to the same level. So that we can just delete the old one and replace it with this new set to fix it. Or a way to re-slot back so that the power show?

Also, one more thing that i found is that my Masterwork reward equipment, the "Sledgehammer" also cannot be used by my artisan.

To the Developer, hope this issue can be addressed. Any help would be appreciated!
  • rica99rica99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I cannot choose powers for any companions that I have from 2018 !! and it is very frustrating ... i have archons and batiri !!!

I invested millions in others that showed powers and are not even close to these ones !!

WILL CRYPTIC RETURN ANY AD ?!!
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Why is this still a thing?

Thirteen companions and only three powers available is intolerable, especially when it's been a bug for four years?

Someone just needs to authorize customer service to dole out bound replacement companions so the players can delete and rebind the defective companions.

Submit bug report, Customer Service gets a report of companions list, send out Bound versions of the companions in the mail and then the players can delete and rebind.

This ... I can't believe this has been allowed to go this long without at least a workaround so players can get on with their gaming without having to cough up Countless AD to work out the "Rebinding" using their own finances.