test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter

bluez#8817 bluez Member Posts: 104 Arc User
It would be so nice to have this as a queue so that the persons interested in farming could do so without the boss
killers coming in and ruining it. It's next to impossible. People are rude and hateful. It's no wonder the event is next to dead.

You want to make the content enjoyable for everyone but you disclude the exact people that event was designed for.
Why have vouchers drop here at all if you make it impossible to farm for them.

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Vouchers drop from all the mobs. I farm mine by running around the map in an an empty zone.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    The drop rate is completely RNG. I played an hour today got over 20 and in another hour got 5. I play both mobs and bosses.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Vouchers drop from all the mobs. I farm mine by running around the map in an an empty zone.

The drop rate doing it that way is maybe 1/10th of what it is when a boss is up. If you can find an instance with a boss unclaimed, check it out for yourself.
    You see an increase because of the faster spawn rate. You can kill more in the same amount of time. That is all, the rest in just RNG.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Does not look dead to me. Loads of instances with full 15 players. They fill up fast so you have to keep moving instances to lower population ones if you want to farm vouchers. I don't find other players any more difficult than in any other open zone where there is an element of competition for rewards.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    For the most part, I have had no problem farming vouchers from any instance regardless of how many are there. While I do prefer the lower population ones I will still advertise a dragon in whatever instance I am in since people seem to like those.

I have never advertised any of the invasion, counterattack or catapult ones as those are the ones I seem to like the most. On these ones my actual goal is to see the BHE fail because the timer ran out.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I keep hearing people say they change instances to lower populated. Why do you do that if not to get a few vouchers. Everyone can argue the point, but the fact is, the current set up fails the individuals that want to farm for their guilds. I would love to take advantage of the event. I'd likely spend a great deal of time during the event were it not for the poor set up. This event could be set up just like Call-to-Arms events, where you could Q with a small group of people and do the event. Or any other q'able event. It's just not going to happen. They don't care that much.

They did have changes planned for this event, however due to time constraints, they had to push it to next year. So saying that they don't care is an outright lie.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I only play seige for vouchers. So do most of my guildies. That does not mean that it is the only reason to play seige nor was the event designed for voucher farmers. It was designed for folk who are collecting the event currency and killing bosses to report back to General Sabine. So it should not be redesigned to favour voucher farmers. I would prefer any future redesign to help keep the event currency relevant for more players. Perhaps they should make the stronghold vouchers purchasable with event currency rather than drops from mobs.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yes, it should have different reward. I have been banking event currency for years and hope one day, the store offering is improved.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

The drop rate doing it that way is maybe 1/10th of what it is when a boss is up. If you can find an instance with a boss unclaimed, check it out for yourself.
    I have tried it. I personally get more, faster by running a figure 8 around the outside of the zone. But you're allowed to farm the way you want to farm. Just like everybody else.
  • badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think that the most effecient way to farm lots of vouhcers is killing mobs that spawn during heroic encounter, and leaving boss alive as long as possible. People from my previous guild farmed in that way more than 2k+ vouchers, and I have better results too when I'm sparing bosses. But often I have a situation when someone killing boss in 1-2 hits, and when I'm trying to explain that we farming vouchers here, they often respond "lol, vouchers drops from stronghold". So I would be glad if I had an option to farm in premade instance with friends.