test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Temporarily Closed] CDP Topic: Quality of Life Improvements

167891012»

Comments

• roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Description and Goal: Allow Alliance guilds to share production resources with other guilds in the same Alliance

Area of Impact: Strongholds, Alliances

Risks & Concerns: None I'm aware of.
    Description and Goal: Critters drop appropriate loot or no loot (why does gold drop from beasts, why does anything drop from memories or how can players even combat memories...)

Area of Impact: Immersion

Risks & Concerns: Temporary or minor complaints from idiots and trolls.
    Description and Goal: Zen Shop item naming and category consistency

Area of Impact: Easier to find items and coupons

Description and Goal: Auction items placed in appropriate categories to make finding items more logical

Area of Impact: Auction

Description and Goal: Remove the voice from ambiance audio files that says "waking up" in practically every zone in the game or give some glimmer of hope that I may get to interact with the source of the voice at some point.

Area of Impact: Audio files

Risks & Concerns: Players may wake up. Players may not wake up.
    Description and Goal: Add to the Mission Journal sections for Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley as in the previous version to provide easier finding of quests in those zones.

Area of Impact: Quest Journal

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Goal: Unbound Companion gear from Undermountain.

Description: allow us to pick up unbound 1010 companion gear from MEs, WES and FES to put on the auction house.

Effect: Provides a new market for people to trade AD for in the auction house. Encourages grinding those quests on a regular basis since you can profit from them. Let's people who are willing to pay for a piece (like me who can't get it to drop despite grinding for it for months on end) a way to gear their toons without massive frustration.

Drawbacks: people could price gouge it for a bit until the market opens up. Faster times towards endgame... not sure that's a huge drawback

Also this gives people with horrible RNG the ability to trade for the stuff they want. I have so many single stat pieces that I would kill to unload as I find them useless, but I can only get a few RP out of them if I convert them. Not worth the effort of getting them IMHO...
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > I think it is safe to say that the current CDP format is not working. It is supposed to be the second round where people are only commenting on ideas from round 1, but that is not happening.
    >
    > I think that in the future some filtering is really necessary ... After the first round, someone from cryptic should make a list with a reasonable number of feasible proposals - of the "we might do this, if there is enough interest" variety, and let people discuss those and then vote on them to get a feeling for community priorities.

Yep. The current format is why I haven't bothered posting more.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Description and Goal: Increase customization of profanity filtering. No idea where the current list is from or how some of the words are put on it. One list for everyone is nonsense as different cultures have different taboos. Some people may want to see "flat earth" filtered while others are more concerned with words like "HAMSTER". Enable a local file option so players can customize their own list (or get one from organizations they trust like SPLC or religious organizations).

Area of Impact: Increased customization of profanity filtering provides options besides putting people on ignore and/or reporting them to CS for involvement. Increased chat traffic visible with tools beyond silencing an individual. Decreased effort of CS to manage reported community members as they can refer vulgarity related reports to instructions on how to update your profanity filter.

Risks & Concerns: Increasing any customization always requires retraining users.
    Description and Goal: Reward players for defeating demons with experience points to level the playing field for all critter types.

Area of Impact: Demons

Risks & Concerns: None I'm aware of, unless it exposes a cryptic meaning in not providing experience points up to this point.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! I'm temporarily closing this thread while we move on to a proposal phase. After the initial phase, each phase kind of melded together so we will be looking at the CDP format as well. We are learning right alongside you what works and what doesn't in regards to this initiative so we truly appreciate your engagement on this.

Internally, we are working on reviewing the thread and developing an actionable proposal on the QoL topic. We are expanding the involvement of folks working on the proposal so we ask for patience as we work together on this.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Small update: the current wildfires have impacted several folks, requiring some shifts in scheduled meetings to work on the proposal. Thank you for your patience while we look after the safety and wellbeing of the team.
    edited October 2020
    After some internal discussion, we would like to reopen this thread to get more feedback on folks' top 3 ideas presented. This phase was initially skipped due to the blending of all the phases but we still believe it is a valuable snapshot in helping guide our proposal.

Phase 3: Top 3 ideas with a single sentence of why for each line item.

Please do not use the re-opened thread to propose new ideas or discuss ones already presented - any posts that isn't "top 3" will be removed.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    There are many ideas presented in the thread, so picking up 3 of them is kinda hard. I think, I'd like to see those the most:

1. Account-wide shared riches; Rough AD, Companion tokens, Mount tokens, Retraining tokens, Appearance change tokens, Refinement Points, Trade bars, Insignia Powder (maybe even black ice and voninblod), Reroll tokens. All of those I'd like to see made account-wide. I think it would be one of those QoL changes that would make the life a bit easier for many.

2. Trial Queue Management; That one was brought up by me, but I still think it would be nice to have ability as queue leader to decide which person goes to which party in trials, and thus removing necessity to kick - reinvite to have a player set up the way we want.

3. Crafting with morale in bulk; Crafting seems to be getting a bit of changes lately, so that one seems to be good to add. To drain morale pool there is an absurd amount of clicks player must do, especially with tasks that require 5 or 10 morale to craft an item. Consider checking that matter too for possible improvements.

Idea with merging keys to a single - universal - type (for old ones, up to mod16) seems to be good too (that could be even added to the pool with the rest of account-wide shared riches from point 1). As well as many others. But well, you asked for 3 so I gave you... 4, kind of. It's too many good ones to choose from.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    1. Statistics on ratings (percentage and absolute numbers): Invaluable for character development.

2. Bulk buying for ALL vendors: I would even go further and suggest that all vendors inherit from a common template, but maybe that would be too much to ask for. However, it is ridiculous that you can not buy in bulk from all vendors.

3. Account-wide shared riches: For the same reasons that @erevel09 mentioned above.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    1. make all stackable with one stack size of at least 1000.
    2. Make crafting bag much bigger
    3. provide an option to allow the chat window to be a separate window from the game. (**)

(**)
    This only affects PC users.

It would be helpful to allow (as an option) chat window a separate window from the game so that:
    1. one can relocate the chat window to another monitor (for those who has multiple monitors) and enlarge to the size they want without blocking the game screen. Benefit to the player who has more than one monitor.
    2. when the game is minimized, the chat window can stay up. Benefit to all players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    1) Make dungeons scale UP not down. Making monsters have higher stats/hp/etc based on the groups average IL would remove the need for end game players to shed gear just to not get nerfed and would mean we don't rescale every time a new mod comes out. (IE easy dungeons scale to 60%, hard 80%, and on tier don't scale.
    2) Make a slot for EVERY item in professions and make it unlimited & account wide.
    3) Make invoke bags & VIP bags stackable.
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    1) Enable Tanks to see the Aggro Bars of all members in a Trial / Increase number of visible party members in 10 player content to show all 10 players Because this isn't even funny when you cannot see an aggrometer of person you're supposed to keep from getting the boss aggro. The second propose will also make healers and all supports life in general much easier.

2) Account wide Workshop storage Because a constant usage of mail attachments for sending your materials/selfcrafted tools to another character isn't a fun either.

3) There is quite a lot of good ideas actually so it's hard to pick something one... Let's say Various mail enhancements like sending mails to multiple people, guild ranks, deleting mass mails like empty AH mails and so on. Just because I'm waiting for this for a long time.
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

After some internal discussion, we would like to reopen this thread to get more feedback on folks' top 3 ideas presented. This phase was initially skipped due to the blending of all the phases but we still believe it is a valuable snapshot in helping guide our proposal.

Please do not use the re-opened thread to propose new ideas or discuss ones already presented - any posts that isn't "top 3" will be removed.

@nitocris83

You need to update the first post. Most people will not able to see the above post which is in the middle of the page and it will be in the middle of the pages.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

@nitocris83

You need to update the first post. Most people will not able to see the above post which is in the middle of the page and it will be in the middle of the pages.
    Yeah, was about to do that after I realized we didn't have many comments. I updated the thread title but I can see how that's not the most apparent.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    1.) Make Profession Bag infinite, much more space is needed and as someone else suggested there should be room to store every item and it's +1 variety.
    2.) Make RP account-wide shareable through the shared bank like AD, gold, tradebars, mount and comp tokens, and insignia powder already are.
    3.) Expand the number of bank slots in the shared bank. I'm maxed out on the shared bank and would like to buy more shared bank slots please.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    1) Mythic Companions. Mythic companion adds 10 more levels that cannot be upgraded using experience boosters. Remove bonding stones from the game. Make bonding effect an automatic function of: 2% per character level, +1% per unique companion befriended (with a cap of 100%), plus Companion Influence%, plus Bolster%. The Bonding Stone slots could be used for more exciting options, like improving the companion armor penetration, campaign currency bonuses, 3% chance to avoid a killing blow ... just to name a few examples. Reduce Xuna & Abyssal Chicken base damage by 20%. Increase other companion's base damage by 10%. Deepcrow Hatchling power boost at Legendary grade should be reduced from 8,000 to 6,000 to be more in line with similar companions. All companions would now come "BOUND to ACCOUNT" on equip. Each character will still need to level up their companions independently from other characters they control.

2) Guild Hall Overhaul. Make it so that low ranked guilds have better access to guild boons, and so that characters in big alliances whos coffers have been shut down, can still donate shards & stuff to get a portion of Marks.

3) Improvable Crafted Gear - If you have the crafting skill yourself, you can improve certain gear into a ++ version of the item. Doing so binds it to the crafter's account. Improving good gear will require spending high resources, but improving lower level gear will be almost free... a benefit of having crafting skill for yourself, instead of buying off the market.

Also, here a some different ways to consolidate & balance game resources:

* Remove all enchantment stones and marks of potency from the game. Instead use Empowerment Shards.

* Allow players to "Improve" their skills. Each skill individually improvable up to 5 ranks. Improvement would cost 100,000 refinement points + 1,4,9,16,25 major shard of empowerment for each rank improved. Improved encounters would gain 1% recharge per rank. Improved at-wills would gain 1% damage/healing per rank. Improved Daily's would gain 1% AP return per rank. The net effect of improvement would be minor... but players would spend a ridiculous amount of resources on it for a long long time.

* Upgradeable legacy gear. Use refinement points and Shards of Empowerment to increase the IL of gear up to 1000 IL, in steps. None of this gear should outperform endgame gear stat-wise, but should approach it. It will open up options for using old gear with good equip powers though. It will help drain the glut of refinement items on the market.
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    1. Increase the number of bank slots, shared and personal one. I DO have a 100% bank slot discount that I can't even use because I have maxed both, because the actual number is very low.
    2. Remove all TPK (Total Party Kill) mechanics from all scaled content. Scaled content is already frustrating enough because although you are downgraded to a minimum, the rewards you get are for the original dungeon, not for the scaled effort, so having bosses that do a TPK if you do too much damage is absolutely annoying, even more when it is required that you do them in hardcore mode for Zariel Weeklies.
    3. Bigger Profession Bag. I don't do professions and only with base materials it fills.
    We're starting to get less "Top 3" posts so I'm wrapping this up. I'm consolidating Top 3s and passing them on to the leadership team to help focus the proposal (Trying to come up with a final proposal with the original list of 300 items was challenging).
This discussion has been closed.