test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Temporarily Closed] CDP Topic: Quality of Life Improvements

Comments

• roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Description and Goal: The UI becomes misaligned slightly in some different zones or queued content, find out the cause of the misalignments and correct

Area of Impact: UI

Risks & Concerns: None I'm aware of
    edited August 2020
    Description and Goal: Provide a UI clock not bound to the mini map so players can have a clock onscreen without requiring to have the mini map taking up space, and include a counter on the clock for hour:minute:seconds also, not just hour:minute

edited August 2020
    Description and Goal: Add an option for an in-game stopwatch with a hotkey to initiate a countdown to provide a fair mechanism for players to time and help calculate timings for combat or other activities, and record times, and compete with other players with a standardized mechanism for when their personal competitions will start

Description and Goal: Provide an option to Hide every UI box to reduce onscreen clutter and popups

Description and Goal: Provide a SDK to the community so that willing creators can create and submit for approval passion projects that Cryptic may not have the time to create themselves but the community would like

Area of Impact: UI and/or gamplay

Risks & Concerns: Transparent code can lead to exploits and the workload of then scrutinizing, implementing, and managing submitted projects. Possible breaches of privacy.
    Description and Goal: Remove limitations on stacks of gear power types (eg. sniper's perk) because it makes no sense there are limits in the first place while hopefully improving performance by reducing lines of code that have to check and limit types of gear or gear powers. It makes hunting for particular items worthwhile.

Area of Impact: Combat mechanics, mostly damage, game performance, player satisfaction.

Risks & Concerns: It's not like players can wear as many rings based on number of fingers, toes, and piercings, or bracelets (don't exist) or necklaces, so while there would likely be a niche opportunity for player's to increase damage, I don't see how dials couldn't be easily adjusted if it was determined everyone became too powerful.
    Description and Goal: Add a teleportation mechanism, either as an item and/or a VIP perk, so that players can teleport within a zone to other locations on the map, possibly with limits as to destination or possibly without limits, or with tiers of decreasing limits based either on VIP perks or Mastercraft Level (ie. Artificer)

Area of Impact: Gameplay and combat opportunities, economy and/or mastercrafting

Risks & Concerns: System overload if too many teleports happening in a single zone map.
    Description and Goal: Companions for hire, to enable players to test run a companion in their adventurers before committing to purchasing or hunting for and then upgrading said companion.

Area of Impact: Economy, player satisfaction by avoiding the pitfalls of spending a ton on upgrading a companion that either is broken or isn't loved by the developers

Risks & Concerns: None that I'm aware of.
    Description and Goal: Test drive option for mounts to enable players to know whether they want to purchase any mount or hunt for one, similar to test driving a motor vehicle or horse

Area of Impact: Player satisfaction, maybe economy if you feel you must attach a test driving fee...

Description and Goal: free Strongholds retraining tokens for when drastic changes are made to Strongholds similar to how players are giving a free retraining option when gameplay mechanics are changed (eg. Lifesteal was removed but no retraining for guilds that built a boon plot for Lifesteal...)

Area of Impact: Strongholds, especially boon plots

Description and Goal: Disable invoking option until rewards can be collected from invoking. So many times I have invoked and gotten no Celestial Coin or Ardent Coin on the first or final invocation of a day.

Area of Impact: Player satisfaction

Risks & Concerns: None I'm aware of.
    Description and Goal: Increase damage from falling or add injury stacks

Area of Impact: Player behaviour

Risks & Concerns: Unhappy players who want to do whatever they want without injury or damage.
    Description and Goal: Remove companion ability to auto-revive (or at least explain how they can revive themselves)

Area of Impact: Combat awareness, player behaviour

Risks & Concerns: Unhappy players who are used to the way things have been for so long despite the insanity of how it is
    Description and Goal: Augments are not immune to damage to level out combat behaviour between players than run with a companion and those who run with an augment

Area of Impact: Player behviour, combat awareness

Risks & Concerns: Unhappy players used to the ways things are despite how unfair it is
    Description and Goal: Update Auction search functionality so that the auction category is not required to be known to get a result

Area of Impact: Auction, player satisfaction

Description and Goal: Update Auction results to list more than 400 per search parameter so as to enable players to view all results in a given search parameter

Area of Impact: Auction

Risks & Concerns: Decrease game performance
    Description and Goal: Update and remove outdated Help Tips and NPC information

Area of Impact: Player opinion of the company

Risks & Concerns: You may get more players spending money on your game than you deserve
    Description and Goal: Remove the Zen Exchange cap on the resell value of Zen

Area of Impact: Economy

Description and Goal: Provide more info in the Game Credits on those listed for what they should be credited for, possibly create a new Credits page for each new Module/Chapter similar to other works of media for which awards for excellence can be granted

Area of Impact: Player information, company transparency

Risks & Concerns: Directed criticism or complaints
    Description and Goal: Include Module Cinematics for every module in the game launcher, I'm confused why there are only two

Area of Impact: Game Launcher

Description and Goal: Allow players to trade all currencies with the game (except Zen)

Area of Impact: Campaign completion, Stronghold upgrades, overall economy

Description and Goal: male Half-Elves can have beards

Area of Impact: I swear that stubble can continue to grow (I can see it in the mirror)

Risks & Concerns: Too much reality.
    Description and Goal: Gear, Fashion and character body compatibility to increase immersion

Area of Impact: Visual appearance of characters and what they wear

Risks & Concerns: Too much work for developers/artists.
    Description and Goal: Change the forum policies to permit sharing communication players receive from support to allow for greater transparency

Area of Impact: Support staff behaviour

Risks & Concerns: Support may not like having to be more reasonable or professional or less rude or condescending in their communications, and if a track record of terrible support communications is built up you will lose a ton of the player base
    Description and Goal: Sahha and Summer Festival options: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1257373/sahha-and-summer-festival-musings

Area of Impact: Sahha, PvP, PvE, Summer Festival

Risks & Concerns: None that I know of.
    Description and Goal: Enable Power Name popups in the HUD to be independent of other HUD options so as to provide Power Name popups with all of the damage and healing number popups occluding combat.

Area of Impact: HUD

Description and Goal: Remove invisible barriers in combat that prevent players from falling to their own demise or knocking critters to fall to their demise

Area of Impact: Realistic combat without invisible safety cages

Description and Goal: Revise how you decide to ban players for various types of exploits

Area of Impact: Player base and player behaviour, developer and corporate behaviour

Risks & Concerns: You may have to own up to the gapping holes in your game and do more work to patch the holes instead of punishing players. Adventurers are exploiters by nature. Your company is an exploiter by nature. It's hypocritical and shallow to ban players exploiting your exploits.
    Description and Goal: Revert nerfed queued content mechanism that respawns players that have fallen so that falling = death

Area of Impact: Player behaviour both socially and combat attitude, appropriate content rewards

Risks & Concerns: Failed attempts at content lead to loss of players especially if the rewards for successfully completing challenging content are unsatisfying
    Description and Goal: Falling to "death" actually counts on the scoreboard as a "death" or "Times fallen" to have consistency of ideation/concept and prevent exploits

Area of Impact: Combat behaviour

This discussion has been closed.