test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing

Is anyone else having issues with crashing before cryptic is even done loading?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tagged:

Answers

• lanai1369#3103 lanai1369 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    See now we are getting a emergency maintenance. Hoping is cause of the issue and it gets fixed can not get on at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiamat#7532 tiamat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i thought this was just coincidental since I had windows 10 updates HAMSTER up my whole PC, for the past 2 days I had to system restore and reverted back to windows 7, after installing all updates the PC works great, now Neverwinter crashes at load screen. currently waiting for Support to look into it, but it seems i'm not the only one with the issue now
  • tiamat#7532 tiamat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    mell1977 said:

Is anyone else having issues with crashing before cryptic is even done loading?

ever get a fix on this?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    Windows 7 is not supported by Microsoft anymore. I doubt Cryptic will fix any problem unless it is also shown in later Windows version.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    @mell1977

I strongly recommend that you install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019; it's actually combined install to work with all past c++ coding. Sure the game has its bugs, however my game performance is better overall with this install!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

[Showing the 2015-2019 combined example download. I factory my computer on purpose during that time because I wanted Windows Media Center back that somehow got corrupted or lost and other reasons too]

https://i.imgur.com/guVqeYA.png (open new internet tab-the posting image for forums is being wonky on me)

Note: I think the forums do this to avoid spam posting? Urrgh forums! When you try to help give example!

Also make sure Net.Framework is at least 4.0 or 4.5. Net.Framework helps with data analysis being sent as packets to decipher for smooth gaming performance.

Make sure DNS is setup on IPv4 and IPv6. Sure you will have internet without it set, though with traffic in the way, DNS serves only as a lookup analysis of data. So technically without setting DNS, there is limited access to the game itself, even though the internet equipment is transmitting signal for some time. My point again for clarity is that without DNS set, the internet data information is going to clutter to a stand still eventually. All the devices are not knowing where to look for data, therefore causing internet lag, making internet equipment have to work harder; intermittent lag or DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet. DNS is the server lookup for internet access of data with ease! Make sense? Use Cat6 cables and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem or higher.

Also I recommend you don't ever patch your game with on-demand patching! Just download the full game! Downloading the full game alleviates corruption of the game itself with future updates.

Hopefully all of this will help with loading the game itself and also improve your gaming experience?!

With all my years of MMO gaming is what helped me. 2009 with Perfect World International; my account is old. I had friends help me :) so I'm just sharing and passing it along.

Happy Gaming. XOXO

Edit: Ok I don't know why the forums state I joined in 2015? I quit playing Perfect World International in 2014, I believe. Must be set to 2015, since the forums changed to Vanilla? Might show different on mobile devices as compared with desktop computers? Who knows?

https://i.ibb.co/vhdDYcc/pwi.png (Again-open new internet tab-the posting image for forums is being wonky on me)

Edit: I'm guessing the Neverwinter forums established me by 'Neverwinter profile' when the forums changed to Vanilla in 2015 automatically, even though I never started playing Neverwinter until 2018? Anyways like it matters, though just sharing my experiences with gaming of what I know through past gamer friends that are more tech savvy when it comes to gaming. I have a lot of insight...So I strongly recommend that you take my advice!
    Post edited by mwk on