test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for improvement. And bugs?

bonnilebonnile Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Greetings, dear administration, the players and the developers of Neverwinter Online.

My English is very bad. My Google translator Is very good. =)

I have known Neverwinter for a long time and have been following its fate since the 6th module. A month ago, I started streaming game on twitch.

The theme of streams is the development of characters without equipment, therefore without stat, , therefore I with great attention to the mechanics of fights, the world, dungeons and bosses.

During the streams, I, as well as my viewers, had questions and suggestions that just have to be made.

1. After changing the starting locations in module 16, events occurred in the game with error.

- 1.1. QUEST STARTERS
In the "Tower District" location, the quest chain does not start on the first campfire until the player has completed the entire "Blacklake District" story, even if the player meets the level requirements.

In the old version, the quest in the first campfire in the "Tower District" is automatically started on a level 10 character. As now start all quests in other locations (not changed in M16).

1.2. MAKOS = WILFRED

"Private Wilfred is the first NPC encountered when after starting a new character. He directs you to scavenge your starting gear from the supplies washed ashore, and then to head up to Lt. Linkletter's camp. Later, he fights beside you as you help rout Valindra's assault on Neverwinter."

There was a serious scenario error with the replacement of a companion in the starting adventure. Valindra to killed Wilfred the first time they met. In the future, we met Valindra in Neverdeath Graveyard, where she asked us about the" well-being " of our friend (mockery). In passing the castle of Nevers-we saw an improvised memory corner in honor of Wilfred, at the place of his death. In the company of the Dread Ring, we meet the zombie Wilfred, fight with him and free his soul.

Now the meeting with Valinda takes place at Makos. Wilfred is omitted from the start of this story, which breaks down the entire scripted drama of this arch.

Yes, now instead of Wilfred, there is a mention of a forgotten hero. It's cute. But we lost such a great story. Very sad.

1.3. EVENTS AND FIGHTS.
There used to be a relic search event in the Tower District. As in "Blackdagger Ruins" the hunt for the thieves. After updating the location, events from it disappeared. Also, the fights in the first 2 locations disappeared, which is why you can not get an achievement for the complete closure of these two locations.

1.4. CAMPFIRE.
Dungeon "Temple of Evil" in Helm's monastery, there is an analog in "Fury of the Elements" - the location of the fires is incorrect. After death on the last boss, the player throws through 2 bonfires on the very first-at the beginning of the dungeon.

2. OFFERS.

2.1. THE TEIAN NECROMANCER
The introduction of the playable class necromancer (undead pets), based on the mechanics Teya necromancers. Perhaps with the frame of the teians, like of the renegades. Branches of skills to divide between the paths-red wizard and deathhand.

2.2. CHOICE OF WEAPONS.
To bind a role class to a specific weapon.

Example:
Barbarian (tank) - paired blades.
Barbarian (DD) - two-handed sword.

Warlock (DD) - dagger.
Warlock (heal) - scepter/staff.

Warrior (DD) - a pair of axes.
Warrior (tank) - shield and sword.

Cleric (heal) - icon.
Cleric (DD) - hammer.

2.3. HEALING UNDEAD.
Small change-healing skills = damage undead.

2.4. SHIFT MECHANICS.
Revise a number of shift mechanics, making classes like cleric more mobile. Well, for example, a visual in the style of a warlock, but instead of purple otherworld, make a Holy glow.

Grant tanks acceleration of running, when you click on the shift, and change it to a block, in case of activation of the battle state.

2.5. TITLE OF THE FIGHTER.
Add the "Fighter" title to the effect of increasing damage against a specific type of creature. Rationale: the hero has killed 500 skeleton-type enemies and can now kill these enemies more effectively. The title of "Skeleton Slayer" - will be a clear demonstration of the skill and advantages of this hero.

2.6. THE DURATION OF THE DUNGEON.
To shorten the story dungeon three times. For example, "The Cloak Tower" - from the start to 1 the boss is one dungeon. Caves up to 2 bosses is the second danj. The maze and the final boss of the third dungeon. Reason: the duration of the full dungeon unreasonably long and prolonged. Even with fast passing - dungeon - routine.

2.7. Customization of appearance for Dragonborn.
Who-who, and our lovely Dragonborn- the poorest in terms of customization archetype. Despite the fact that numerous d&d arts of the Dragonborn differ in their style and a great many distinctive features.

2.8. Skills.
From the middle of the game to the cap of the storyline-the development of skills is unreasonably slow. Sometimes you have to raise from 5 to 10 levels without adequate development of the character's build. Solution: divide the final value of the skill into stages and issue skill improvements more often. It is even possible at each level.

3.1. Would you like to do role races are more significant? Now it's more of an aesthetic choice.

3.2. Would you like to make the role of the gods more significant? Now it's more of an aesthetic choice.

3.3. would you like to add a choice of worldview to the game?

On this that's all for now.

Thank you for your attention and patience. I hope I didn't repeat the old suggestions of the fans. I understand that we are playing in the d&d universe and cannot interpret its rules too loosely. But I hope that this will draw the attention of developers to obvious problems that need to be addressed.
Tagged:

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for passing along the list of feedback!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    1) Wilfred: Agree. His removal seemed unnecessary. The only reason seems to be to push Makos, but why? Makos was already in the tutorial and we will have a lot more to do with him later.
    Besides, he is supposed to be a 'high level' character, so having him come with us doesn't make much sense. It's like a 15th-20th level character going along with some starting heroes in a 1st-3rd level adventure, but they won't use their full power in order to make the lowbies feel like they are contributing.

Wilfred was there with us. Wilfred was one of us. Just another lowbie trying to make it through.

=============

2) Relic Hunt: Agreed again. It wasn't much, but none of those basic zone events really seem to be. Still, it was a little extra thing for players to do and I would be interested in hearing why it was removed while other zone events remain.

=============

3) Choice of weapons: Disagree. Three reasons here.

A ) Classes are generally a lot freer in terms of weapons they can use. No reason to stick a DPS fighter with an axe and an axe. A rogue, for example, is a decent comparison here since they use two different weapons (unlike a ranger that has dual weapons as their 'off-hand' equipment), but they are not strictly limited to daggers. Most of their weapons are daggers, but there are other options.

You would limit DPS fighters to having to use two axes? Just no reason for that.

B ) That gets into item charts. Basically, you are suggesting that they add new items usable by half of a class. If you play almost exclusively a DPS fighter then what good does that super-rare BoP fighter shield drop do for you?

And while you can hide the barbarian behind the ranger model, albeit a more limited model (eliminate the sword knot as the off-hand and add 'paired blades'), you can not do this for the fighter unless you eliminate separate swords and shields, and I doubt that many players want to see that.
    So a lot of work adjusting the drop charts and for what?

This brings me to the third issue...

C ) Some classes need more than others. Simply put, you are requiring a barbarian, cleric, fighter, and warlock to have to have more equipment than other classes in order to effectively switch roles.

Maybe those classes you listed were just supposed to be examples and you would do the same to paladins, wizards, rangers, rogues, and whatever other classe(s) they introduce in the future, but as far as what you have listed, while a wizard gets to focus on getting the best main and off-hand equipment they can, a warlock has to look at getting two each of main and off-hand equipment. That is not equitable.

While you might want to make an argument that a tank paladin and healer paladin will want two different weapons and two different shields in order to perform each role at their best, that doesn't translate so much to wizards, rangers, and rogues who all have only one role (DPS). The 'best' DPS weapons for an assassin should generally work just fine with a whisperknife as well. That rogue needs one main hand and one off-hand, while that barbarian needs two of each, and can't even switch to try something out without them.

So, in summary, while you might want the WoW style of two-weapon fighter (and you even refer to the fighter as a 'warrior', the WoW name for the equivalent class), this game isn't really set up for it, and the ability to switch roles reinforces that. In WoW (last I looked, anyway), if you choose a DPS warrior then you are a DPSer and just a DPSer. Here, a fighter can switch back and forth.
  • bonnilebonnile Member Posts: 10 Arc User

3) Choice of weapons: Disagree. Three reasons here.

That's right, the classes I mentioned were just an example.

Well, I agree with you. But what about the barbarian's* off-hand? The game does not implement its visual appearance. Off-hand warlock books? Off-hand wizard talismans? It feels like they've just been turned off. The thing is. But there is no visual performance.

*I hope that one day the barbarian will become even more wilder.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    bonnile said:

Warrior (DD) - a pair of axes.

Hey Ryu, is that you from the banyard suggesting GF dual wield instead of having a shield?

A ) Classes are generally a lot freer in terms of weapons they can use. No reason to stick a DPS fighter with an axe and an axe. A rogue, for example, is a decent comparison here since they use two different weapons (unlike a ranger that has dual weapons as their 'off-hand' equipment), but they are not strictly limited to daggers. Most of their weapons are daggers, but there are other options.

You would limit DPS fighters to having to use two axes? Just no reason for that.

Actually, as someone that plays DPS "GF", I think dual wielding would be interesting, if encroaching on the TR/HR domain a bit.

Right now, DPS "GF" has this strange mechanic that only seems to taunt us about how the DPS path is an afterthought for a class primarily meant to be tanking, not a path with its own distinct flavor in gameplay or design.

Although dual wielding weapon master might be a ripoff of the WoW warrior, it would hopefully implement different mechanics (ie, your mechanic is not longer that stupid squat and edgy meter that runs in the background) and playstyle (ie, faster paced, more evasive glass cannon rather than "stand and take attacks to face" style) to make playing a DPS GF distinct from being "should have been tank that doesn't hold aggro but has steroids for base damage".

B ) That gets into item charts. Basically, you are suggesting that they add new items usable by half of a class.
    [...]
    And while you can hide the barbarian behind the ranger model, albeit a more limited model (eliminate the sword knot as the off-hand and add 'paired blades'), you can not do this for the fighter unless you eliminate separate swords and shields, and I doubt that many players want to see that.
    So a lot of work adjusting the drop charts and for what?

Though as much as dual wielding GF sounds fun, I agree with that the dual wielded blades would present many logistical problems with programming and time.