test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

should we put unbound AD/ (items) in end-game content (ZC, TOMM)

2»

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Excuse me while I flashback to Guild Wars the original game and not what passes as GW today... cue the flashback.

It was long before this game was a twinkle in Cryptic's eye, Guild Wars made it where we purchased content and not items that buffed you up to "win the game". While significantly cheaper, the game is still purchased to this day, and that is the only way you can play it. The whole game was content driven and we bought costumes and additional content packs. In 2012 they stopped producing content for the original game and made the sequel that is freemium and drops loot boxes and sells keys and has diamonds... gosh that sounds familiar. Meanwhile they expected the entire fanbase to flock to the new game and when that didn't happen they went Free to Play. A great multitude of us still play on PvP there in Factions.

Guild Wars is not Dungeons & Dragons, however I was not bound to keep any weapon on any character. I can toss any item into my bank (Xunlai Chest) and share it with my other characters and even place it on one of my heroes (companions). I had to pay out gold to "customize" the weapon. When a weapon is customized for a character, it deals 20% more base damage. The drawback is that no other character -even for the same account- will be able to use it. Thus this is the only bound to character items that exist in the whole game. So I totally agree with Wintersmoke that the Bound to Character is horrible and needs to leave.

Now the issue was brought up by Plasticbat that unbound items could present a problem flooding the market with items that just won't go away. When I upgraded a weapon in Guild Wars the various kits used to removed weapon upgrades had a 50% chance to break the item you were prying off the weapon. There are premium salvage kits that allowed for a perfect salvage but in most cases this kept the items from getting reuse or traded to the point where everyone had the best of best. There is nothing to prevent you from removing enchants other than paying gold out.

I now this sounds like I am trying to convert NW to GW, I am not. I only wish developers would take a look around at what has made other games successful and understand there is a better method. Do they need better drops from chests? Hell yes they do. I am only using GW as an example and I am sure you can think of other great games you have played, where their economic system worked. Running a dungeon in the old version of GW meant you stood a pretty decent chance of getting the Clockwork Scythe from the chest in Oola's Lab.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    To answer the original question.

Basically ALL rewards from RTQ and REDQ should be more valuable than they are, or at least with a chance of something useful.

Example RTQ rewards;

Tiamat - pretty useless/obsolete
    Demogorgon - pretty useless/obsolete
    Svardborg - pretty useless/obsolete
    Cradle of Death God - chance of orange stones = good, otherwise most rewards are, again, obsolete.

This is due to tying the Trials to a Mod - Demo is tied to Underdark for example, so rewards are years out of date.

Change ALL RTQ rewards to the same as Cradle would be a great start :)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Allow unbound to drop and be sold means the game will be P2W (using $ or using AD) because you don't need to play to earn the items anymore like it was in early mod.

There are easy ways to earn AD without spending too much effort. Fast way is to do hard content (but not many can do that). Slow and easy way is to do easy stuff (most can do that). Earning AD is relatively easy. Earning the bound BiS gear is not.

You are completely wrong.
    Allowing players to buy BIS items from other players is NOT Pay to Win. Is pay for convenience, pay for skip content, pay for advance, or pay to fast. And this is not necessarily bad, it creates a sinergy between players who have lot of time but no money, and players who have money but not much time.

Pay to Win, is put BIS items available ONLY for REAL CASH. And that is a huge problem.
    IMO, BiS stuff should be earned by playing the specific content to get it and not by paying through cash or AD. You need to be 'worthy' to get it (and pray to RNG god).
    The current game is mostly done this way.
    You don't need BiS stuff to do dungeon to earn the BiS stuff.

Disclaimer: I am not worthy and RNG God does not exactly love me but I am very AD rich. I don't think I should be allowed to buy my way out.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User

Allow unbound to drop and be sold means the game will be P2W (using $ or using AD) because you don't need to play to earn the items anymore like it was in early mod.

There are easy ways to earn AD without spending too much effort. Fast way is to do hard content (but not many can do that). Slow and easy way is to do easy stuff (most can do that). Earning AD is relatively easy. Earning the bound BiS gear is not.

You are completely wrong.
    Allowing players to buy BIS items from other players is NOT Pay to Win. Is pay for convenience, pay for skip content, pay for advance, or pay to fast. And this is not necessarily bad, it creates a sinergy between players who have lot of time but no money, and players who have money but not much time.

Pay to Win, is put BIS items available ONLY for REAL CASH. And that is a huge problem.
    agree, as long sa the amount is not ridiculous
  • megrezhmegrezh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    1) Remove the private queues these end game contents can only be done with public queues
    Random. In case of early exit / disconnection, penalties not on time but on rewards
    Successors of ADs or objects.

2) The rewards must be adequate to the difficulty of the content played

3) Encourage participation in end-games with
    Unique fashion items, mounts, pets
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    So if the RNG god hates me, I am not worthy to have good equipment?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    The worthiness enchantment on BiS equipment was cast by RNG God, and only he and his overload can deem who they believe is worthy to use it. RNG God's overload is the Master of the Universe, aka, Cryptic.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    megrezh said:

1) Remove the private queues these end game contents can only be done with public queues

that would be the quickest way to kill the game.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    ^...aye... I do random ques with my cleric only and there are seldom well geared ppl in...3 dps with 80k -100k power for LoMM...and they get angry if u say it doesnt work cause they are not able to kill a mimic on their own...and now u want to force end game player to carry those ppl through content which is already very hard for maxed out team? Endless fails....

Also what makes an item "unique" and "valuable"...right....a very low RNG chance...otherwise its not worthy the effort...so yes they did it right all the time...if everyone droped a Xuna in Cradle all still cried for better rewards...

The good thing in my eyes is that they raised the drop chance for Legion Set (Maps) now cause it counter the scaling changes dmg wise directly (which Im 100% sure was based on dmg output with new lionheart set) and ppl that cant/want do endless ToMM training runs dont struggle that much with their burnisched/alabaster sets in the lesser contont up to LoMM anymore...which is way better than it was before....being outdpsed twice with alabaster vs. new lionheart or not even able to do the dung is the same way to drive ppl out of the game like being bored due to easy content...which was the mimimi of "end" game player so they got their ToMM and now ZC...(which I still dont understand cause that was maybe around 50 ppl and they all with maxed out toons and tons of Ad´s....they dont pay anything with real money but Cryptic made a whole mod for their amusement and now 2 mods later when all those ppl behind gettin ready for ToMM)...voilà: Zariel with the min of 500k HP for a dps is the next foul move...but who cares...Celestial Set is not even close to trigger my attention...

ToMM had its rings unbound and if u make the weapon sets (ToMM/ZC) also unbound it will give some good AD´s for a few ppl till u get the sets for 10k a piece in AH....but if some of those ppl already have 2-3 or more accounts with 100 mio AD stored and nothing to buy for...thats another story...

To me I have the legion set and alot of free time now to do other things...
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

^...aye... I do random ques with my cleric only and there are seldom well geared ppl in...3 dps with 80k -100k power for LoMM...and they get angry if u say it doesnt work cause they are not able to kill a mimic on their own...and now u want to force end game player to carry those ppl through content which is already very hard for maxed out team? Endless fails....

Also what makes an item "unique" and "valuable"...right....a very low RNG chance...otherwise its not worthy the effort...so yes they did it right all the time...if everyone droped a Xuna in Cradle all still cried for better rewards...

The good thing in my eyes is that they raised the drop chance for Legion Set (Maps) now cause it counter the scaling changes dmg wise directly (which Im 100% sure was based on dmg output with new lionheart set) and ppl that cant/want do endless ToMM training runs dont struggle that much with their burnisched/alabaster sets in the lesser contont up to LoMM anymore...which is way better than it was before....being outdpsed twice with alabaster vs. new lionheart or not even able to do the dung is the same way to drive ppl out of the game like being bored due to easy content...which was the mimimi of "end" game player so they got their ToMM and now ZC...(which I still dont understand cause that was maybe around 50 ppl and they all with maxed out toons and tons of Ad´s....they dont pay anything with real money but Cryptic made a whole mod for their amusement and now 2 mods later when all those ppl behind gettin ready for ToMM)...voilà: Zariel with the min of 500k HP for a dps is the next foul move...but who cares...Celestial Set is not even close to trigger my attention...

ToMM had its rings unbound and if u make the weapon sets (ToMM/ZC) also unbound it will give some good AD´s for a few ppl till u get the sets for 10k a piece in AH....but if some of those ppl already have 2-3 or more accounts with 100 mio AD stored and nothing to buy for...thats another story...

To me I have the legion set and alot of free time now to do other things...

agree with you about random queues failed a throne of the dwarven gods a cpl of days ago go figure

anyways onto your other points i have legion guard and am planning to learn tomm for lionheart however i have absolutly no interest in learning zuriel mainly because the weapons aint worth the effort
    and you cant jump tomm and do zuriel because no one will let you
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    @vastano...I dont do ToMM now (but I tried when it came out...) cause that was a new move from the devs to please only a handfull ppl over the whole community...besides old CN there was no content in game before were u had to wait 2 mods before u were able to try...Zariel is the same...I also wont do that (my main is a tr 27k with 90k cap but max hp I can get is 411k )...cause weapon set is not even good as lion heart and I dont see a way to get 500k HP without to buy a 50k HP mount (22millon in AH for a account wide right now)...to wait next 2 mods to try Zariel? meh for what?...

But thats only my opinion...do whatever its good for u...
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i agree with you about zariel except maybe as the once and done to clear quest log nothing about that trial is apealing
    never know by the time i get round to running tomm there will be a better weap set then lionheart