test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mail System WAI??

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
@nitocris83 can you forward to your network admin? Thank you!

Today I sent items to players in game mail.

1. I stood near the mailbox.
2. I attached the item.
3. I typed up a message.
4. Sent mail and the item remained in my inventory...
5. Attached item a second time no message, subject only.
6. Sent mail and the item left.

This occurred twice! I hope this is not a trend.
I am already growing weary of this network and having to run a work-around to avoid being ghost in the game.

wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass this along. Thanks!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

@nitocris83

FYI:

Yes, it is broken.

It can only send the email which has text less than 34 characters.

If your text has this: 123456789012345678901234567890123
    it works.
    If your text has this: 1234567890123456789012345678901234
    it does not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Mail system has been trash for over a week. Any chance of a patch soon? I would think lines of communication would take a high priority.

--EDIT--
    Back from maintenance, no change to report. I guess this is our new mail system for the remainder of the game. Not like some of us tend to use it for anything other than a bank box. :angry:
    I told players in chat the mail is bugged and they say it is working perfectly fine. I guess, since the majority rules, we will have to use 33 characters or less to mail messages to our off line friends. Start using annoying acronyms and forget about any lengthy details of how to do things in the game. I can imagine this will save the database engineers more time for those donut breaks.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Thank you, it appears it was fixed during maintenance. :cookie:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    @nitocris83 broken again today? How? Why?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

@nitocris83

FYI:

Yes, it is broken.

It can only send the email which has text less than 34 characters.

If your text has this: 123456789012345678901234567890123
    it works.
    If your text has this: 1234567890123456789012345678901234
    it does not.
    This exact issue is back. I can send 33 characters but not 34.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Not sure what database system you use but here you go @nitocris83 forward this link to the database team, it explains how to increase the field size. If they need further assistance, my husband contracts from home, just send me a PM, and I will give you his business phone.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll check back with the team today for a status update.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    As a guild leader in a guild with 2 leaders we often use mails to communicate stuff to each other, most of the time its not important stuff like "I'm going camping for a week, bla bla bla bla.", but sometimes its more important stuff and this is a real problem if that gets missed because of this bug.
    Please make fixing this a priority!
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options

As a guild leader in a guild with 2 leaders we often use mails to communicate stuff to each other, most of the time its not important stuff like "I'm going camping for a week, bla bla bla bla.", but sometimes its more important stuff and this is a real problem if that gets missed because of this bug.
    Please make fixing this a priority!

So far, not effecting guild mail and just testing it costs you the one message per day limit.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

So far, not effecting guild mail and just testing it costs you the one message per day limit.

Yeah thankfully that still works and since I used the test to inform my guild members of the problem, it wasn't wasted. :)
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • Options

Since today's maintenance it works again...

My thanks to the unpaid interns! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    So renewing this thread, because the mail system is now broken again!
    Same problem as before has returned.
    Come on Cryptic, get this fixed ASAP pls!
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • Options
    The good news is, you can send a subject length of 256 characters long? :lol:

I noticed it last night and PMed @nitocris83 about it this morning. I was talking to a new Spanish speaking player. I had 3 paragraphs about the enchants I was sending and how to use them. I ended up having to translate and retype my message in chat... which is sooo slooow! :disappointed: I think they understood me? I will be sure to ask them once the mail is working.

I am not sure how the mail system or chat works in the database. My husband tried to explain it once, I almost fell asleep. But this seems to get a temporary fix and breaks over the weekend.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I'll re-bug the appropriate team. This whole WFH really puts a damper on my ability to give folks the "eye twitch CM look" that I usually save for these situations ;)