test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old stuff continously is better than the actual endgame drop/items

rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I have no idea if this thread will drag Devs attention, I have no idea if this thread will be aproved by you dear players but its about time to do something with this grotesque situation that players search for items that gives them certain bonus on slot even if the item is a freakin low stat part but has an amazing bonus (that devs simply forgot about because there are so many items that they cant follow every bonus they made)

Yes, the old stuff... how many times we had a situation that new content brang new item sets that are complete garbage to use ?? Mod 16 brought to us Lair of the mad mage that provided us with Succesor set... did anyone use any part of it ??? No because there were other items with lower itemlevel that were a loooot better... because of bonus, lower stats didnt bothered us to wear Ebonized chests for example for such a long time :( .
Soooooo many items with soooo many useless bonuses. Why do we go deeper in this design?? Why every module brings us worse and worse designed bonuses ?? Cant we bring back Set Gear ?? a Set of 4 items that more you posses the stronger bonus u get ?? For example u got 2/4 set pieces u get 2% outgoing healing/damage reduction, 3/4 pieces - 4% OH/DR, 4/4 pieces 6%OH/DR... more set pieces u get better the bonus u get... are the % too low ?? whatever .... Lets go further. We have the augumentation cubes that can determine what bonus we use out of the set... lets say we have 3 bonuses to choose ? wouldnt it be gr8 way to use the cubes and sink some more ad ?????

Look at the situation right now... People go back to Terminus to get some old chestpiece because it still gives 10% power rise like Ebonized or the one from Zok chestpieces did... now they are 5%... so lets lower my statst because some old HAMSTER gives me more power... aint it an abberant decision ??
We had dozens of such examples in every time of the game in every module when that strange equipment bonuses came to live... 1 piece bonus... thats terrible decision... Forced players to use old stuff over the new one (aint it a waste of your time spent on designing this new stuff ? )

If we had 4piece sets... every 5man dungeon would bring us new amazing set to farm and spend dozens of hours plaung... But u ask what about other content... what to do with hunts like activities ?? Same thing like with Garyx and Mog... let em drop some materials to improve your items... let em drop accesories like rings etc... But for heavens blessings.... quit the 1item bonus system that forces ppl to use an old stuff.

What about artifacts that are 150 itemlevel ?? so many of em are used right now ... because theres simply a lack of artifacts with 300 itemlevel ... Cant you simply bring all artifacts to 300il with stat rise on those items ???? is it so hard to do ??

(My personal thought that doesnt need to be commented)
You waste way to many resources to create some onetime events that are just waste of time and you dont focus on things that should rise the quality of your game... Dont waste your money and time for useless junk.

Excause me for the language mistakes, I really hope some Dev will mention anything here, have a good day. Yours faithfully FirstDragon ;p

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Most of your questions or posted issues was actually answered by the Devs. You just have to dig for those response or I am sure another more knowledgeable players will respond.

For example, they did not bring old artifacts up to 300 item lv stats because they want new content artifacts to be more valued and desirable. The Scavenger armor that you mentioned from Terminus is nice to have but not necessary needed to complete contents. Plenty of players are grinding for it, many others don't bother with it.

*So many items, so many useless bonuses, indeed I somewhat agree with this but some bonuses are better for certain role like tank/heals/dps/aoes/single target/etc. Some bonuses may not be best for end game but others make use of it.

Set pieces like you suggested while sound great, the Dev mentioned that often players are locked into one set. So they are not making those sets any more so players have "variety".

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

Set pieces like you suggested while sound great, the Dev mentioned that often players are locked into one set. So they are not making those sets any more so players have "variety".

And now we are not locked to certain pickups :D Right
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    You can't really expect the devs to provide new best items for all gear slots with each mod. That really would push the mudflation up.

So that some items will be 2-3 mods old before they get replaced is to be expected.
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I'd love to see the set bonuses for head, armor, arms, boots. Currently some new items are not worth taking, but a set bonus could change that. However, it would require creating more than one set from dungeon as it is now.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @mentinmindmaker
    What's the point of creating items who are less valuable that what we already have ?
    Why bother getting those items ?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited August 2020

@mentinmindmaker
    What's the point of creating items who are less valuable that what we already have ?

* If the items are easier accessible than the BiS items
    * If the items provide RP
    * If the items provide fashion
    * If the items are comparable but provides a different stat combo or different effect
    * If the items improve the feeling of the game/roleplay
    * If the items can be sold for gold
    * If the items give updates to collections

Not everything is about upgrading gear.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

@mentinmindmaker

* If the items are easier accessible than the BiS items
    * If the items provide RP
    * If the items provide fashion
    * If the items are comparable but provides a different stat combo or different effect
    * If the items improve the feeling of the game/roleplay
    * If the items can be sold for gold
    * If the items give updates to collections

Not everything is about upgrading gear.
    Still a new mod should provide upgraded gear
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I agree completely with the OP.

There are two factors here. One is I remember in an old live stream the devs mentioning something along the lines of they are bored with giving dmg bonuses on items.

But here is the thing, bored or not, there is ONLY one factor to NW, which is dmg. You can't complete most end game content without it or if you skimp, you are making the content 10 times longer and opening the door for more time for mistakes to occur, so players naturally chase dmg.

IF the devs are bored with giving players dmg bonus items, then freaking give us some other metric for success that is not based on damage to succeed. Currently there is zero possible factors for this.

So we end up getting bonuses we don't care about because they provide no advantage towards success. They are just fluff filler bonuses. Which means the philosophy of the game is not in line with the devs entertainment. Until this is considered we will continuously be given items no players care about. And the devs will scratch their heads as to why no players use the new items.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I agree with krumple01.

In the old system, we worked to get better gear and improve our skills up to level 4. Only to have our abilities mitigated by control resist/immunity, and so on, so that the only lasting effect was our damage.

In the current system, we work to get better gear and improve our characters, only to have our abilities mitigated by our opponent's resistances AND scaling. The only lasting effect we have is our damage. And to that end we fiddle with older gear trying to find what actually works better.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I would really like for control to have an impact on gameplay again.

Slow, freeze and all other temporary effects from back in the day/rule-set, would be really fun.
    And yes, Neverwinter really needs to put some FUN back in the game, because now it's just repetion until you can clear ToMM/Zariel, and after that, it's waiting for next update while mindlessly grinding materials/currency...

Grind is a part of D&D, but it shouldn't be ALL the game is about.

Obviously it needs to be tuned, but hey, that's what the developers get paid for, right?
    Aaaand there's always preview to collect the general populations thoughts on how it's currently working.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    grind everything for years, every campaign and mission finished, every boon point, new sets of gear and weapons farmed as they come out, then you run a random, where someone in old lvl 70 gear does not have the same drastic scaling as you, and they do 28m dmg to your 17, because the bonuses were overlooked.

while it may be true that such clad players will be suffering the glass cannon effect in some of the newer content, most of the dungeons, skirmishes and randoms are 70 and below,- places where, still - its going to be more feasible to wear the lower ilvl but better modification gear.

since mod16 the way players work around higher level content in lower level gear is to team with people in alliance runs who wear similar gear, and 5 glass cannons with very high dps can still prevail with ease.
    there is little incentive to change into newer gear sets. this isnt helped by the terrible bonuses that have accompanied items since mod16...just look at the laughable modifiers on avernus armor drops, you would have to be insane to wear some of it and some combinations will just get you killed.

theres a ring sold in dread ring from the bounty dude..lvl 61 but scales up as you level, it adds around 1300 to several stats and is more beneficial to me than a ring from ToMM, why would i grind ToMM for weeks in the hope of a specific ring, while i can just buy that ring for 30 vanguard scripts...of course people are going to wear gear thats free, cheap, easy to farm, that has better stats, bonuses or modifiers than new gear which is a pain in the butt to get hold of and gets scaled down so far it makes your eyes water.

while the majority of team playable content is lvl 70 or below, its always going to be preferable to wear this sort of gear, you need an incentive to farm and wear the top tier stuff and coming 4th to players in old gear just doesnt cut it.