test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch, fix, update... ANYTHING???

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
Is there any chance someone could keep those of us playing on the ginger stepchild sorry... "console"... up to date on what's happening with the Mod 19 mess?

We're way past the minor inconvenience of the Boss spawns not always working, to the whole damned mechanic being in an almost constant state of running backwards heading towards nothing.

I'll forego the Map RNG issues for a week or so if someone can just make the Mod 19 KSP actually work more than say... 75% of the time?
Is that too big an ask?

Or in the meantime... just tell us what's happening...

Please?

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I just want to know the simple stuff... like when the busted timer is fixed, is that an intervention by devs, or does it just randomly switch between working and not working? Is a proper fix coming today? Later this week? Sometime soon???

If it is something that can be manually reset without a patch, can someone just stick their head round the corner of the XB server every hour or so to see if it's broken and, if it is busted, do what they need to reset it?

If that's impossible, just tell us.

Its not the first time I've said this about Cryptic, but keeping us in the loop lets us understand the situation. And that mitigates frustration and anger.

It's the "Not Knowing" that annoys me more than anything else.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    They are likely instructed not to communicate anything which influences the game in a bad way or at all. This makes me sad and angry the same time.

Seeing that we get the same bug infested mod, which ported from the broken PC build to console at a time where the fix was out on PC for some time baffles me beyond any logic reasoning...

Also please dont say that Microsoft or Sony takes so long to process things on their end, some of us know that's not exactly true ;)

Also you should definitely invest in a QA team, even outsourced to save you and us the hassle.
    Games should be fun.

Or even better, play your own game and tell me that's normal, eg. in the Vallenhas hostage rescue mission, why are there horse riders inside! the house? That's not normal, is it.

I really wish you guys would care about your own game, at least it makes you money.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • malus#5316 malus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Fix the broken Mod 19. You have the patch already. You released it on PC. 7 days and still HAMSTER.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    nem3sls said:

Or even better, play your own game and tell me that's normal, eg. in the Vallenhas hostage rescue mission, why are there horse riders inside! the house? That's not normal, is it.

Nothing is normal when you are in hell. Just think you are in Jumaji (the original version).

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any official word please?
    edited August 2020
    @nitocris83 please go into new zone chat on console for just five minutes and watch the stream of toxic. some communication about where this is at would help a lot. this kind of broken is not the time for silence.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Week one patch for Avernus content is happening on Thursday this week. Putting out new versions/builds for console takes longer than with PC due to certification issues. We try to avoid, as much as possible, doing maintenance on one console and not another so if the build passes cert for one partner but not another, we may delay maintenance for both.
    @nitocris83
    Thanks Julia.
    Now I know it should be sorted on Thursday I'll farm maps, and use tomorrow as a grand tidy up of all my inventory bags. (Even with the much appreciated extra bag space from the Mod 19 launch my inventories are a complete mess... it will probably tale two days to sort them all out.)
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @mordekai#1901 said:
    > @nitocris83
    > Thanks Julia.
    > Now I know it should be sorted on Thursday I'll farm maps, and use tomorrow as a grand tidy up of all my inventory bags. (Even with the much appreciated extra bag space from the Mod 19 launch my inventories are a complete mess... it will probably tale two days to sort them all out.)

But will it be sorted? She stated week 1 patch... the fix we all want was week 3 or 4 wasn't it? I surely hope we arent stuck with things the way they are for a few more weeks... I've had to hide chat and have been bored out of my mind farming maps for a lack of better things to do.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

I think she just means week one fixing this problem. this was not broken for a month on pc. it became broken about the same time it dropped for us
    edited August 2020

I think she just means week one fixing this problem. this was not broken for a month on pc. it became broken about the same time it dropped for us

It is broken since the launch in PC. The 'fix' was applied last Friday on PC. The week one fix she referred to is console's week 1 after the launch on console. So, console got the fix very quick relatively comparing with PC. May be we PC player got used to it. It seems we are not as angry as console players. By the way, there were "fixes". They did not work.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Julia, thank you for communicating this information.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
    edited August 2020

It is broken since the launch in PC. The 'fix' was applied last Friday on PC. The week one fix she referred to is console's week 1 after the launch on console. So, console got the fix very quick relatively comparing with PC. May be we PC player got used to it. It seems we are not as angry as console players. By the way, there were "fixes". They did not work.
    I played it on pc. it was fine for the first week I played it, then there was an update and that update broke it to be like it is currently on console. then it was patched within like a week.
    Yeah, this isn't the Map RNG drop rates and issue with the bosses spawning sporadically we're talking about.
    It's the whole War Gauge stuck on 100% with the timer running backward for hours on end.
    If we get the RNG/Spawn patch at the same time, so much the better, but even before this issue, I expected that would be another week at least.

I'd love that RNG to be fixed asap.
    My Rogue finds maps like they are the leftovers from a ticker tape parade, but has never got a weapon, my Warlock has found a total of 8 maps...
    It's probably Karma coming round to bite me in the HAMSTER.
    I had Alabaster Weapons on all 8 of my toons before most of my alliance had a full set on their mains... When people were going mad over the drop rate, I was; "What's the problem? I get one every 3 or 4 Expeditions?"
    Not this time I don't...
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any chance we can get some patch notes so we know what’s included? I don’t want to use my maps if the Rng fix isn’t included.

@nitocris83 any chance we can get some patch notes so we know what’s included? I don’t want to use my maps if the Rng fix isn’t included.

Patch notes are now available for console.

Patch notes are now available for console.
    So the idea is that the splitting the Blood War Gauge into instance based rather than server based will overcome the problem?
    Yep, makes sense.
    And we are getting all the RNG fixes as well.

Better than I'd hoped for.
    Thanks @nitocris83, @asterdahl et al.
    edited August 2020

So the idea is that the splitting the Blood War Gauge into instance based rather than server based will overcome the problem?
    Yep, makes sense.

That works well in PC so far, IMO. In some occasion, Garyx and Mog's gang were walking around lonely. :)
    To be honest, its working so well now... the instance hopping happy campers are starting to get on my HAMSTER a bit.