test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.122.20200708b.8

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 3,738 Community Manager
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11476823

Comments

  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

    I had to read the paragraph about healing mark adjustments 10 times... Where's logic to that? WHY increase the range and WHY make it not disappear if the target is OUT OF RANGE? So the mark will or will not be applied permanently unless I mark another player? Facepalm no.1.

    ... yeah? So it's easier to pick your target, AND you don't have to regularly repick your target or worry that it's fallen off.

    That seems like a good change? Because the two major complaints about the Mark The Tank mechanic have been "it keeps falling off, WHY" and "it's hard to see if it's still up or not" and this fixes #1.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,173 Arc User

    I had to read the paragraph about healing mark adjustments 10 times... Where's logic to that? WHY increase the range and WHY make it not disappear if the target is OUT OF RANGE? So the mark will or will not be applied permanently unless I mark another player?

    As it is, the mark on the tank has been very unreliable. Since the mark has been falling of at unpredictable moments you never really knew if you could use the tab-heal at all.

    It can also be extremely difficult to reapply the mark if tank is in the middle of a big heap of mobs and dps.

    With this change the mark should be fairly reliable(unless you or tank dies, but you'll notice that), so there should no longer BE that much need to see the mark. You should be able to assume that the mark is where you last set it.

    I agree that the visibility of the mark should be better though.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 235 Arc User

    also for cleric TAB is inconsistent...sometimes it rushes to fill the meter in 2 seconds instead of the 4 seconds the tooltip claims it takes.....really makes it annoying to try to use this system when its like im rolling RNG on whats gonna happen when i hit TAB

    Did you chose Battle Prayer as your second feat? If you did, then the "rush" is not RNG, it's just the effect of the feat (makes TAB faster after using a divinity-consuming encounter power). Very useful effect BTW.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 235 Arc User

    > @carloswartune#5709 said:

    > (Quote)

    > Did you chose Battle Prayer as your second feat?



    i did....and it used to do something completely different, how interesting. thanks. my problem is i dont want to use angel of life and this damn feat is making it rush the meter so fast i can barely stop from accidently wasting angel, they switched everything up but didn't even have the common decency to give us a free respec token.

    I don't know if things work the same way on PC and Console, but on PC there is no need to worry about accidentally activating Angel of Life because Battle Prayer "disables" it temporarily. If you hold channel divinity for the full duration while you have Battle Prayer active, you won't activate Angel of Life, you'll just "hold" the heal and you can choose to release it when it's best. This is very useful so I hope it works the same way on Console.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,432 Arc User
    @nitocris83 when does console get this patch?


  • roku#3001 roku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Probably doesn't go here but I just thought of this...

    I can use my mount out of combat and I get on it
    in combat if I hit my mount it does it's combat thing.

    so...

    What if tab marked your healing target out of combat (at start of dungeon, in ToMM antechamber, etc.)
    In combat tab would be locked from changing target but it would never fall of and switch to someone else?

    Clearly this can be done, as it works this way with mounts...

    pro:
    those aborted/short heals wouldn't switch target
    dps in front of marked wouldn't switch target
    I wouldn't spend the 3 seconds holding down tab to accidentally heal myself (which is a waste of time and divinity in combat)

    con:
    I can't switch to another target if they get aggro (but that can be tricky to do in current situation anyway)
    If my marked is permanently dead I can't remark (but again, if this happens it is probably a wipe situation...)
    I
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @roku#3001 said:
    > Probably doesn't go here but I just thought of this...
    >
    > I can use my mount out of combat and I get on it
    > in combat if I hit my mount it does it's combat thing.
    >
    > so...
    >
    > What if tab marked your healing target out of combat (at start of dungeon, in ToMM antechamber, etc.)
    > In combat tab would be locked from changing target but it would never fall of and switch to someone else?
    >
    > Clearly this can be done, as it works this way with mounts...
    >
    > pro:
    > those aborted/short heals wouldn't switch target
    > dps in front of marked wouldn't switch target
    > I wouldn't spend the 3 seconds holding down tab to accidentally heal myself (which is a waste of time and divinity in combat)
    >
    > con:
    > I can't switch to another target if they get aggro (but that can be tricky to do in current situation anyway)
    > If my marked is permanently dead I can't remark (but again, if this happens it is probably a wipe situation...)
    > I

    Nope nope nope, with duo tank i switch marks depending on the agro, even though its a pain in the back. I always target the tank when tabbing just to be sure, and try to always have clear vision on him
  • tiltawhirling#1261 tiltawhirling Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    If the drop rate for Avernus treasure maps has increased, it's news to me. I farmed for several hours. Got 1. 1 freakin' map.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    so when i just logged into my main toon after the patch there was a system message that flashed up on screen in yellow text, but it disappeared so quickly i couldn't read it. it was connected to changes from the patch/ anyone else have that? anyone know what it said?
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Drop rate is better. Even for weapons. Now i get offhand (only) on increased drop rate. But, thanks for dented rod :)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,287 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The drop rate of weapons from treasure map rewards has been increased.
    Indeed. Prior to today I had used 120 maps here with no drops, and 500 maps on Preview, which made me guess the weapon drop rate was around 1%.

    Today I used 80 maps, and got 3 mainhands and 7 offhands - a 12.5% rate ...

    That's a bit extreme, but somehow not surprising. But really ... I had expected the drop rate to be increasrd to 2-3%, maybe 5%, but 10% or higher? That's nuts. People will get the weapons after one hour of farming maps and then just get bored....why do you always have to go from one extreme to another?

    I'm a bit confused about "Treasure map rewards no longer have a chance to fail to give gear when they should. Gear granted by these rewards should now consistently be for the class of the player who loots them."

    I opned a total of 620 maps before today, and never saw a piece of gear for the wrong class. All the complaints about "wrong class gear" were about the transmutes from Alyssa's box....and that has not been fixed. Why ignore a problem people are complaining about and "fix" a similar problem that nobody seems to have run into?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,220 Arc User
    My dear @adinosii you are still not happy? Do you need one of my happy pills? Never mind they are prescription, I don't want to go to jail as a dealer. :smile:

    It is a fine line between too much and not enough. Maybe they are making up for lost time? I still don't plan on chasing down new weapons at this point. I am going to continue playing catch up on some old campaigns. Going outside to burn some burgers!

    Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I still don't get it how people completed set with three chests while someone can't complete set in 100. Even aftert his patch.
    Or, some get 30+ maps per hour, while some one or two. Or like x10+ offhands, no main.
    There must be something more in "formula", not only rng. 12.5% rate ? Lol. I wish that kind of luck :)
    Last 25 chests I opened, only gems, scraps and pants. No weapon at all. It's more like 0%.
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    when will these updates be applied to console?
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    adinosii said:

    The drop rate of weapons from treasure map rewards has been increased.
    Indeed. Prior to today I had used 120 maps here with no drops, and 500 maps on Preview, which made me guess the weapon drop rate was around 1%.

    Today I used 80 maps, and got 3 mainhands and 7 offhands - a 12.5% rate ...

    That's a bit extreme, but somehow not surprising. But really ... I had expected the drop rate to be increasrd to 2-3%, maybe 5%, but 10% or higher? That's nuts. People will get the weapons after one hour of farming maps and then just get bored....why do you always have to go from one extreme to another?

    I'm a bit confused about "Treasure map rewards no longer have a chance to fail to give gear when they should. Gear granted by these rewards should now consistently be for the class of the player who loots them."

    I opned a total of 620 maps before today, and never saw a piece of gear for the wrong class. All the complaints about "wrong class gear" were about the transmutes from Alyssa's box....and that has not been fixed. Why ignore a problem people are complaining about and "fix" a similar problem that nobody seems to have run into?

    An hour?

    haha! I wish... I farmed as much as I could on the weekend, only to get one, thats right, ONE mainhand weapon, no offhand. I got lots of pants though.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,287 Arc User

    My dear @adinosii you are still not happy?

    Not really, because it annoys me when they swing from one extreme to another.

    From a different thread:


    I went ahead and spent the whole weekend knocking this out on my five toons. It took 9, 10, 14, 18, and 31 maps (there is always that one toon that seem to be cursed when it comes to RNG).

    Now those numbers mean a drop rate of 18.3%. I do not think the actual drop rate is quite that high, but still...I just wish thay had set it to like 5% in the beginning, which would have meant an average of needing 60 maps to get a set.

    Ah, well...at least people are getting their Legion set now....and now we can just wait for the IL 1250 "Blessed" set to show up, and wonder what kind of RNG walls will be put up around that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    adinosii said:



    Ah, well...at least people are getting their Legion set now....and now we can just wait for the IL 1250 "Blessed" set to show up, and wonder what kind of RNG walls will be put up around that.

    That's what I told to some people in alliance a few days ago. Triple RNG wall coming in line.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

    adinosii said:

    The drop rate of weapons from treasure map rewards has been increased.
    Indeed. Prior to today I had used 120 maps here with no drops, and 500 maps on Preview, which made me guess the weapon drop rate was around 1%.

    Today I used 80 maps, and got 3 mainhands and 7 offhands - a 12.5% rate ...

    That's a bit extreme, but somehow not surprising. But really ... I had expected the drop rate to be increasrd to 2-3%, maybe 5%, but 10% or higher? That's nuts. People will get the weapons after one hour of farming maps and then just get bored....why do you always have to go from one extreme to another?

    I'm a bit confused about "Treasure map rewards no longer have a chance to fail to give gear when they should. Gear granted by these rewards should now consistently be for the class of the player who loots them."

    I opned a total of 620 maps before today, and never saw a piece of gear for the wrong class. All the complaints about "wrong class gear" were about the transmutes from Alyssa's box....and that has not been fixed. Why ignore a problem people are complaining about and "fix" a similar problem that nobody seems to have run into?

    An hour?

    haha! I wish... I farmed as much as I could on the weekend, only to get one, thats right, ONE mainhand weapon, no offhand. I got lots of pants though.
    Farmed 30 maps yesterday, got 2 mainhand and 3 offhand :/ I wasn't even looking for them (got lionheart), i was looking for the purple defense pants that i don't get to drop from fragment expeditions since last year. Seems like they like to put everything on a ridiculous rng. Seriously, the devs have a very bad concept of farming
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    @nitocris83 The golems in lomm are still showing up invisible.
Sign In or Register to comment.