test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New "Avernus Weapon Droprate" im super pissed again... (rather the opposite way)

withoutname#9673 withoutname Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Wow...new droprate is just ridiculous as it was before the update - just the opposite....and thats why it feels like a big slap in the face to everyone who grinded their HAMSTER off for several weeks - "Hey we increased the droprate of maps and weapons...." im so ultrapissed...for real....i farmed about 700 maps - dropped the offhand twice - no MH - today i opened 6maps and got my maindhand...while everybody else is dropping this HAMSTER like there s no tomorrow..... (Yet there are players who opened much more and got nothing....)

So for the next mods i better stop farming everything? Cause this is exactly the message you deliever to the players.....

Im not even happy that i got my HAMSTER set now....im so super duper disappointed...you cant imagine....3 weeks for nothing - just nothing.

i cant even say congratz to my guild/alliance mates....they keep on getting upset while just opened like 10 maps and complain about dropped OH/MH twice....

Its disgusting....disgusting how you failed on this module.....absolutely disgusting - the whole module design and your actions speaks volumes about your philosophy - there is none.

This is definately not the way you should design stuff......yet its always the same....HAMSTER

Comments

• lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    The OP is in serious need of a social life. Get over it...there’s better things to do with your life than farm for hours upon hours for little bits of data.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Maybe he just exaggerated by dropping 700 maps. But also Devs exaggerated with actual drop rate. They should make it easier but not THAT easy.You can get powerfull weapon by dropping like 10 maps? This is drop from 35 maps:

hosting
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Cry me a river... 700 maps with that awful drop rate ? Lol. Anyway, after 4 hours of farming yesterday and 50+ maps i still didn't get main. If some one need offhand, I have plenty of them.
  • withoutname#9673 withoutname Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Lol....i know people who farmed more than 700 maps and got nothing. What are you guys talking about? - i have 240 Forgesmith Hammer in my inventory. What do i do with it? Right - cause of the awkward design - NOTHING. But hey...cultural marxism steps in...go farm a little bit for the 3rd best weapon set - and its even possible to get without doing Raids. Just mindless slaying/dropping/opening - THIS IS NOT RIGHT AT ALL! All i want is that people should get rewarded for the time they invest maybe with currency exchange or stuff like that.....

(Also there are some tricks how to "efficiently farm maps" - its like "Leading the blind"

And i have free time now due to corona killed my Job.

What the damn HAMSTER are you talking about?
    All i can say is thats its not right doing a lot of "work" and getting nothing while people opening 10 maps and got the Set. Its not right. Just not right. Far away from Fairness - but still we re talking about RNG. What do you want with an exclusive club? Im not in an HAMSTER exclusive Club but all i can see is the blatant arrogance from people who just cant understand that the Design is HAMSTER. And how people got treaten by "farming" new module. 240 Firesmith Hammers speaks for itself. Wanna exchange? Not possible. Wann sell? Not possible.

I didnt say HAMSTER anything about Tomm Weapons? Are you crazy or what?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    2 hours in Avernus on my rogue. 10 maps total. MH at 4. OH at 5. 2nd OH at 6.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ...not sure what u even talking about...its more a reading issue perhaps? I farmed ~400 Maps myself and got the set on my main around 200...Im just happy to get it now on 3 of my alts as well and Im not envious thats someone has an easy way now...
    Yeah you can be proud that the devs feed your HAMSTER dude. I dont care anymore^^ Do what you want. The main message from devs is like "No need to play new content, we re going to change that much after a few weeks anyway". Speaks for itself. Nice that you re happy. I dont give a HAMSTER. But its like always....people whine when they cant get the stuff immediately - Devs react - "Oh yes Sir, dont worry - we put the droprate much higher" and like i said - as it is now...its just a joke (3rd best weapon set). Yeahhh for everyone....cause everyone is the same omg.........imagine if you work for 40h a week doing the same job but you dont get rewarded with the same amount of cash like someone who s working 20h only doing the same work as you but half less. Well......thats my problem with the changes - nothing else.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Yeah you can be proud that the devs feed your HAMSTER dude. I dont care anymore^^ Do what you want. The main message from devs is like "No need to play new content, we re going to change that much after a few weeks anyway". Speaks for itself. Nice that you re happy. I dont give a HAMSTER. But its like always....people whine when they cant get the stuff immediately - Devs react - "Oh yes Sir, dont worry - we put the droprate much higher" and like i said - as it is now...its just a joke (3rd best weapon set). Yeahhh for everyone....cause everyone is the same omg.........imagine if you work for 40h a week doing the same job but you dont get rewarded with the same amount of cash like someone who s working 20h only doing the same work as you but half less. Well......thats my problem with the changes - nothing else.

I have played long enough to know that will happen. The only question was just 'when?'. Hence, I did not even bother to farm. Doing 40 hours to get that reward? I refuse to do that to begin with especially when I consider the reward only worth 4 hours. And I still have not farmed it because I come here to play and not to work. When I start to feel working, it is time to quit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    ...are u new to the game since this is the way it has always been since 2013...Cryptic never found the mid (or wont found) they release either with to low (mostly very very low) or to high and everyone and his mother get the stuff the first day...on the other hand its RNG - why do u come up with rewarded work? Go to a lottery winner and ask him to give u half of it cause u played the lottery as well and prayed real hard...
    Besides that what do u care if someone else has the same weapon set even with less work?... they are bound so it has nothing to do with u and no one forced u to farm that much...
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Whilst I might not express the sentiment with such vitriol, I think the OP has a point.

Currently it is super easy to get the legion set, its so easy now, it is probably easier to get than the hellfire set. Where is the logic in that? Expect a drop rate nerf.

It shouldn't be surprising that people who have worked their HAMSTER off to get the set now feel miffed that it is being given out so easy, hell they might as well have just included it in the claims vendor. In every aspect of life people should be rewarded for hard work and people should have to work to get rewards (i.e get paid etc.).

Same with the tomm set etc. - the people that have worked hard to master those trials should be rewarded for that work.

Before the drop rate was sadistic, now its super easy - lol how about something in between.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Should of been about 5% at best for a piece of the set~ Much better than before but still a bit of a grind~ This negates the campaign set entirely in it's it's current state, which should act as a transitional set from burnished/alabaster n' a fall back to those that Rng doesn't bless with legion~
    lantern22 said:

Whilst I might not express the sentiment with such vitriol, I think the OP has a point.

Currently it is super easy to get the legion set, its so easy now, it is probably easier to get than the hellfire set. Where is the logic in that? Expect a drop rate nerf.

It shouldn't be surprising that people who have worked their HAMSTER off to get the set now feel miffed that it is being given out so easy, hell they might as well have just included it in the claims vendor. In every aspect of life people should be rewarded for hard work and people should have to work to get rewards (i.e get paid etc.).

Same with the tomm set etc. - the people that have worked hard to master those trials should be rewarded for that work.

Before the drop rate was sadistic, now its super easy - lol how about something in between.

I will not be surprised they will adjust it again in the next patch. Then, another wave of "I am bissed" will arrive after that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

...are u new to the game since this is the way it has always been since 2013...Cryptic never found the mid (or wont found) they release either with to low (mostly very very low) or to high and everyone and his mother get the stuff the first day...on the other hand its RNG - why do u come up with rewarded work? Go to a lottery winner and ask him to give u half of it cause u played the lottery as well and prayed real hard...
    Besides that what do u care if someone else has the same weapon set even with less work?... they are bound so it has nothing to do with u and no one forced u to farm that much...

Turbine (ddo) were exactly the same only they went the other way round for the first week everything drops like crazy then they drop it to the right level
    i found it worked muchly better your mains got their shinies quick your alts you farmed for

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'd rather have the grind of the Twisted Set or River District sets over the BS RNG these sets have. But they seem to like having players feel like they got punched in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. https://youtu.be/NzaNzJnh9l8
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    edited August 2020

I'd rather have the grind of the Twisted Set or River District sets over the BS RNG these sets have. But they seem to like having players feel like they got punched in the

The twisted set was RNG in the beginning.
    The elemental set was not but you need to do 100 Major HE (which can't be done alone) in the beginning.
    Both of them got changed/adjusted/improved after complaints.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Ah, by time I arrived the worse part about getting the Twisted Set was getting into edemo runs without being 3k. And of course not opening the chest if we didn't gold.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC