test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

11 treasure maps opened , Legion guard set did drop !!!!!

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited August 2020 in PvE Discussion
Shall you fix the chances or at least be able to buy them with currency and delete the trash arti set you have in the store ! damnn......
Post edited by pantha7 on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    4 whole maps? Wow...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Rogue: 2 hours, 10 maps. Main hand at #4. Offhand at #5. Second offhand at #6.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > Uhm.... prior to today I had used 120 maps here with no drops, and 500 maps on Preview, which made me guess the weapon drop rate was around 1%.
    >
    > Today I used 80 maps, and got 3 mainhands and 7 offhands - a 12.5% rate ...
    >
    > That's a bit extreme, but somehow not surprising.

That's because the drop rate was buffed in a patch
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    ron#1747 said:

> @adinosii said:

> Uhm.... prior to today I had used 120 maps here with no drops, and 500 maps on Preview, which made me guess the weapon drop rate was around 1%.

>

> Today I used 80 maps, and got 3 mainhands and 7 offhands - a 12.5% rate ...

>

> That's a bit extreme, but somehow not surprising.

That's because the drop rate was buffed in a patch

He knew. He was reporting what the patch did. He more or less confirmed the patch works vs OP implied it does not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Has anyone ever told you the definition of grinding in an MMO? It's close to insanity.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

and...i don't believe that... pic or it didn't happen...killing adds all day for treasure maps is insane... i want my arti set with 2-3 treasure maps...period.
    Have i ever told you the definition of insanity ? Killing adds all day expecting to drop treasure maps which they may contain a drop of an arti set...lol..

Then, don't get it since you don't want to do more the 3 maps. In addition, I suspect they may nerf the odd (or might already do that). Hence, you really should not try.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Got the full set on 3 chars on this weekend, around 30 maps each toon is really good to be honest with the actual drop rate one can make the set whuille gathering boons on the area...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Based on the reports I have seen, or gotten from people in my alliance and elsewhere, I belive the drop rate for the weapons is close to 10%. That would mean that on the average people need to use 30 maps to get a set - something which should only take a few hours. While this is a big improvement over the (estimated) 1% drop rate initially, I still feel if it would have been better if the drop rate had been like 3-4% from the start.

As it is, people can get their Legion set in one day and (on the PC) have probably finished the Avernus campaign now, including getting all the boons, and are feeling a bit bored until the 18th.

Now, I don't know exactly what we will be getting then - my guess is we may see the release of the IL 1250 "Blessed" set at that point, which means we can start chasing yet another set. Then again, it is just a guess...we'll see.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I waited to start playing this MOD until the patch for PS4 went live. So far I have opened less than 20 maps and got my main hand in my vert first map! Of the remaining chests I got about 5 items that I really liked but keep in mind since most of the stuff is only Bound to Account I can use the stuff to feed my other 30 toons. I also got some stuff from Undermountain that never dropped for me which was nice.

One peculiar thing I have noticed is that maps seem to drop much more frequently when I am working on an actual quest rather than just attacking randomly. I am sure its probably anecdotal but so far is working for me.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts