test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is a good class to solo with?

Good evening.

I wish to know, which classes have a good solo capability.

1. I like the guardian class, but they're slow. So, dungeons and dragon dailies become frustrating.

2. I like the ranger class, but you can't kite.

3. Wizard is fun with it's force choke.

4. I don't understand any of the warlock's spell mechanics.

5. I don't know how well clerics solo.

I would love your input.

Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Good evening.

I wish to know, which classes have a good solo capability.

1. I like the guardian class, but they're slow. So, dungeons and dragon dailies become frustrating.

2. I like the ranger class, but you can't kite.

3. Wizard is fun with it's force choke.

4. I don't understand any of the warlock's spell mechanics.

5. I don't know how well clerics solo.

I would love your input.

Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

I play 6 characters and they all solo for solo contents.
    Rogue, warlock, Barbarian, Cleric, Ranger and Paladin.
    The easiest for me (my own preference) are Rogue, Barbarian, Ranger, Warlock, Paladin and then Cleric.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I run one of each class. They all solo just fine. If you're finding the fighter slow then you want to put boon points into "Marathon Runner". Pretty much you want to max out "Marathon Runner" regardless of class.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Fighters are one of the fastest classes imo if your playing the Dreadnought (which you should be for solo play).

Once you get the boons & feats and you can slot momentum and greater endurance plus the boon mentioned above, they move very fast, particularly over long distances once momentum kicks in.

Barb is also a very easy class to play imo, run to mob - hold down mouse button, pick up stuff, run to mob -hold down mouse button, pick up stuff, run to mob . . . . .
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Every class can solo pretty much all of the solo content. There is a handful of fights which can be tough for some classes - in particular the fight with Arcturia in the Undermountain campaign.

Overall though...pick whatever you like. Note, however, that Warlocks and Clerics have a healing paragon and a DPS paragon - and you REALLY want to use the DPS paragon for soloing. (You can switch to the healing paragon for group content if you like healing).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Ranger with rooting power and crushing roots is pretty good for solo. I soloed all epic dungeons in mod 19 with the exception of CR, LOMM and TIC (first two are not soloable by design and TIC is simply too hard.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • wickid#3619 wickid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    hi, i am a selfhealing tank, i do not hit very hard unless i take buffpotions, but i can hit all day long, i also let xuna help me. i love my tank, no other comes close, as i pick up big happy feet dps jumping into battle trying to take my aggro in death./ LOL
    any dragon run is a good dragon run
    Warlock or red what?

My wizard solos just fine and I never use Nightmare Wizardry.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    depends entirely on your powers-set up, your gear, comps, comp gear, mounts and mount bonuses. and how much pre-planning you put into your character.
    i start a new character with a 500 power mount,trying to ensure it has barbarians revelry for the 1% heal every time i crit, star of simril, some cheap comp gear and at least r9 bondings/runestones. i wear a waukeens cloak for the hp bonus, a 2 piece xvim ring and waist, and use heirloom weapon and dragonbone offhand. join a guild for the guild boon bonuses - hp xp and power ..so whatever im levelling tends to have around 35,000 in most stats ar level 4.
    thats comparable to any lvl 78 character out there, so yeah...it doesnt matter what class you roll
    currently it takes me 16.5 hours to level 1-80, open sharandar, dread ring, complete undermountain and pass thru valenhas grabbing a couple of rods and into avernus and start hunting maps.
    CA when soloing is one of the reasons I don't tell everyone that using an augment is best.
    I have Xuna...