test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So New Weapon Restore Items hidden behind double RNG as well?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
I wont chase the rng on rng for the 1% on 1% chance of the new hoopy weapon set.

So i bought the new weapon set from the campaign store.

Oh right , its more junk that needs restoring [where have I heard that before? Oh every campaign in Neverwinter since the dawn of time].

Where do you get the reagents?

Oh some drop from the BHE and some can be bought using campaign currency! YAY!!!!

Ah but I need some Firesmith's Hammers... where they come from?

Oh Treasure Maps... lead to Treasure Chest which MIGHT have a Firesmith Hammer....

Elsewhere theres a thread which states:

"You have a roughly 55% chance of getting The Firesmith's Hammer (worthless, well, you might need a few, but not hundreds of them)"

I have opened about 10 TMaps just from playing so far, and 2 Firesmith's Hammers so far.

Really?

Ok I know this isnt a major moan but Chris Whiteside said they would look into 2 x rng elsewhere, and this is exaclty the kind of minor irritant that should be avoided at all costs. Make the upgrade reagents available via campaign currency please.

Comments

• psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    you can buy the hammers for Zen with keys, but hey that's not a realistic solution either.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Can you post the requirement of the restore? I wonder if I should bother with getting the Hellfire Engine set. Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I can't remember how many you need but getting the hammers is easy enough - probably 20-30 Maps per toon to get what you need.

Some ppl have complained about not getting hammers to drop, I seemed to get one on nearly every map, probably 50% chance or so.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    3 hammers. 6 hammers for set. 50% chance ? For me it was 20-30%.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Thanks. 6 is not bad. Most of my characters have one or two already and they were not farming for map.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Thanks. 6 is not bad. Most of my characters have one or two already and they were not farming for map.
    Yes, 6 seems reasonable ... but running content without farming, I have opened about 20 chests and still only have 2 on one character. The point being, rng behind rng is just not fun. Make all the reagents purchasable via campaign store/currency
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It is not bad really.

The hammer droprate from maps is high enough that you'll get plenty, in particular now that map droprate is increasing again.
    You are supposed to put *some* effort into it, after all :)

The biggest issue currently is to get the contracts from Mog/Garyx to do armor restoration. But that hopefully will be fixed in Thursday patch.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

The biggest issue currently is to get the contracts from Mog/Garyx to do armor restoration. But that hopefully will be fixed in Thursday patch.

That's really not such a big issue - well, unless you are determined to fill up every spot in the collection. Most people will only upgrade the boots, and that means you have to get the drop from Mog once and twice from Garyx (or vice versa). I did actually upgrade both of the feet armor pieces - the one with CA for group play and the other for my solo loadout, but that's all.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    that is a first... filing a support ticket for bad RNG .... omg lol
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The RNG upon RNG is not the problem.
    The ACTUAL problem is useless grinding. In most mmo's you grind to purchase/sell or create good gear with a small rng to get great gear.

Right now we are only grinding for a small chance at great gear. And then all the loot we get grinding is useless and without that great gear drop, just a waste. After we get the great gear drop, there is no point to the grind.

We need something to sell to continue the grind like in EVERY rpgmmo that has been created...