test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter files location

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
edited July 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
So i've been trying to put neverwinter on my D : drive and i can't figure out a way to do it.
When i download the game through steam and i select D : drive the launcher goes there just fine, but it still tries to patch the main game files to C : drive.

Any suggestions for a technologically inept player? Is there any text file or anything where i could go and specify where i want the actual game files to download ?

Comments

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    My steam default library is in D/Steam, the actual neverwinter launcher is there indeed, just that when i open the launcher and it tries to download the game it does it under C/Neverwinter

steam-default
    Nope.. i've tried opening through steam and i've tried going to the actual location of the patcher in:
    D/steam/steamapps/common/cryptic studios/neverwinter.exe

After i log in it starts downloading the full game to C drive.
    edited July 2020
    It's just creating a new folder in C/
    The moment it starts patching it creates a folder C/Neverwinter
    I did previously have the game there but i uninstalled it (wanting to move it to the other drive).
    I uninstalled it by doing uninstall on steam, which properly removed most of it leaving back combat logs and .txt files and whatnot, deleted those then used ccleaner to clean up the registry whatever.
    Ty for trying to help out, i wanted to move nw to hdd as i stopped playing as much, but i still want it because i have a few years left of vip. Guess game is telling me something ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I have tried doing that and copypasting to D drive but when i open the launcher again (with or without steam) it just starts patching again to C. I'd say it's an issue with the game itself as steam downloaded the launcher to the right place
    Here's what i did just now:

Uninstalled neverwinter through steam, then through add or remove programs, then deleted all the files i could find related to neverwinter, then cleaned up registry with a software that does that.

At this point there are no apparent neverwinter files in my pc.

Then i went on steam and clicked install, it shows me this, all seems ok, launcher downloads there.
    steam

Then i open the launcher and the thing starts downloading the full game in C/Neverwinter/Neverwinter_en

directo

I'm lost
    Thanks to a software wizard known as @vcttethias it works now:

Downloaded full game with it's files, copy pasted them somewhere in D drive, then in cmd created a junction between
    C/Neverwinter and D/whereveriputthem to trick the spaghetti code client into thinking the game is downloaded and ready to go.

mklink c:\neverwinter d:\whereveriputthem
    mklink /j c:\neverwinter d:\whereveriputthem

People shouldn't go through this, a simple option in the launcher to select where you want the game to be should be enough nowadays.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    The game launcher saves the installation directory independently, in the registry.

You can either change it, or delete the path.

Run regedit.exe (typing from the start menu should show it)

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Cryptic -> Neverwinter

You should see there "installlocation"

change it