test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gary wtfh

waxy#1523 waxy Member Posts: 134 Arc User
In the most unholiest pit of Hell who came up with the freaking idea to do this with the events when you're trying to get your first mission completed for your campaign starting in the game what the hell were you guys thinking with garyx the Unforgivable six damn hours and I still can't get them to spawn that's trash what the hell were you thinking to put that in one of your first missions needed to be completed 6 damn hours and still can't get it over 60% added to 80 I mean it went down to 60 percent

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I played 6 characters and only two characters saw them once each. And, only one character happened to beat it when there were others. I see no point to wait for even 2 minutes (I did not even try) to get only 5 iron bars right from the beginning. I have no desire to waste my time on a big "may be" random drop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    it's not waiting for them. they're killing devils and expecting garyx to spawn. zone chat is a circus. lol. they keep getting mog over and over and over again. although it also seems like mog isn't reliably spawning in all zones. I've been here five years now and I've honestly never seen zone chat this crazy. people really want gary for some reason.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Things to consider....

There is actually no reason to focus on Garyx and Mog. They drop rings, most of which are not that great, although the +4/+5 version of one of them is OK for tanks - the rest are just RP fodder. They also drop the special items you need to upgrade the infernal forged gear (first to demon- or devil forged and then upgraded again to Fiend forged). However, the only piece of gear worth upgrading are the boots. (Actually, you might want to upgrade both boots....the one with CA for group play and the other for solo play), but at any rate, you only need a few of those drops.

So, if Garyx or Mog are not spawning for you, just ignore them....you don't need to kill them for now...wait until they fix their spawns.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Sure you can just wait. in the meantime you will also not get the 2 refinement items from these bosses you need to restore your armor so I think that really screws things for the time being. Why was this content ever released so buggy?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Just drop the quest n' do another. : p It isn't that hard to reach the cap, though make sure you get your map cap currency too
    edited July 2020

Sure you can just wait. in the meantime you will also not get the 2 refinement items from these bosses you need to restore your armor so I think that really screws things for the time being. Why was this content ever released so buggy?

It is the standard growing pain for every mod. I usually give the new mod 2 weeks to resolve issues before I start (or take a chance to be messed up one way or the other). Let the 'pioneer" to report the bugs. This time takes much longer but on the bright side, there is no critical show stopper issue, IMO, that I cannot work around.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User

It is the standard growing pain for every mod. I usually give the new mod 2 weeks to resolve issues before I start (or take a chance to be messed up one way or the other). Let the 'pioneer" to report the bugs. This time takes much longer but on the bright side, there is no critical show stopper issue, IMO, that I cannot work around.
    You are correct Plasticbat..it happens every mod and still no lessons learned with obvious bugs. Does nobody at Cryptic on the QA team own a console? I thought all of that was supposed to be changing with the new team.
    edited July 2020

You are correct Plasticbat..it happens every mod and still no lessons learned with obvious bugs. Does nobody at Cryptic on the QA team own a console? I thought all of that was supposed to be changing with the new team.
    I am on PC. The version you got (after we, PC players, did the 'QA') usually is already a better version than what we began with. What we reported does not equal what would be fixed though.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I am on PC. The version you got (after we, PC players, did the 'QA') usually is already a better version than what we began with. What we reported does not equal what would be fixed though.
    They have tried to cut down the time between launches to get as close to platform parity as they can (not withstanding typical issues with Sony/MS). It was a ball-ache having to wait like two months or more for a new mod, but as you say, we were usually treated to a relatively (and comparatively) bug free experience. The mild shortening of time seems to have all but eliminated the QA part of the trade off, however.

At the time of writing this, the Avernus Blood War Balance Gauge has been stuck on Demons 100% for over 12 hours, and the 10 minute "Count Down" clock has been counting UPWARDS and resetting itself every hour. (I don't believe the bosses are spawning... I gave up pretending to care about eleven and a half hours ago.