test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Mod kills game

poppy#8982 poppy Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Aquisitions inc garbage was bad, paychecks and corporate trash, this new mod is ridiculous, driving cars in neverwinter! This ruins thousands of hours of my life. I want to erase every book i ever read and all the hours of gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    There are actually cars in D&D which is what NW is based on. So it is canon.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/vehicles

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Aquisitions inc garbage was bad, paychecks and corporate trash, this new mod is ridiculous, driving cars in neverwinter!

Nothing ridiculous about that. Avernus has vehicles according to standard D&D lore, and NW just implements them pretty faithfully (well, we don't have the "Devil's Ride" two-wheeled motorcycle, but what we have follows the established lore. Just read up on it.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Considering how many Mods have "killed the game" there's ether some weird alien cloning science going on at Crytpic, or the entire game has been built out of the stolen souls of a dozen cats...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    1. car in D&D is canon.
    2. "car" has existed for a long while in Neverwinter already before mod 19. Hellfire Engine is a kind of car. That car did not kill the game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Just because a bad idea gets canonized doesn't make it a good idea.
    That's basically idea laundering.

Giffs and the Wish spell are canon too, but that doesn't make them any less stupid.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Just because a bad idea gets canonized doesn't make it a good idea.
    That's basically idea laundering.

Giffs and the Wish spell are canon too, but that doesn't make them any less stupid.

They have no choice since WTOC is the one dictates what needs to be included in each mod. WTOC 'invented' it so they considered it as a good idea.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Someone needs to learn the difference between "Bad Idea" and "I don't like it".
  • Options
    Nerfing tacticals and incoming healing ruins the game. I spent a lot of AD on those tacticals. For the developers to turn around and nerf them so you can't use the Rusted Iron Legging boots is pure trash.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Someone needs to learn the difference between an opinion and a statement of fact.