test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger, Melee or Ranged?

Good evening.

I've been looking up guides, and quite a few of them state that melee is the way to go. Is this true?

I rather have a ranged build for my ranger, with a pick of beasts/creatures as companions.

Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Good evening.

I've been looking up guides, and quite a few of them state that melee is the way to go. Is this true?

I rather have a ranged build for my ranger, with a pick of beasts/creatures as companions.

Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

You have two loadout. You can have one for Range and one for melee. Melee is easier to play.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    But ranged is more fun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    and i think is out one build thats very good but is a mix of both
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I play Rainer's build for single target and switch to Constrictive, Cordon and Hindering for mobs and daily farming. I also switch Seeker's Vengeance with Crushing roots for mobs and solo stuff. Feats, Daily powers and At-Wills stay the same all the time.

Here is Rainer's build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s76P4GN3L38
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80