test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legion guard set never drops in treasure maps...

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Chances are non existent...needs fix .
Arti set from store is garbage .... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY craptic ??????

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    greywynd said:
    they will increase the drop rate from 0.00% to 0.01% ppl will never get the legion weapon set
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I wish most of the tgings we grind for would have a store to buy em from once you've grinded said item for a month you get enough currency to buy it outright. : p
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Drop rates should be increased with today's patch.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I've gotten 2 sets on 2 characters within 6 maps.

I've gone through 7 or 8 extra offhand on my fighter. No sword yet.

Ranger has just begun. <10 maps, neither toy yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    All my toons have their weapon sets from Avernus and my extra ranger that has never been there has the main hand weapon.

Only one of them got the offhand artifact first after a lot of maps (I lost count on this one but it was a lot) and then the main one dropped the next week while doing the quests and trying to use whatever maps I got right away.

For me getting the main one happens a lot more often than getting the offhand artifact. In fact, the offhand artifact for me has only happened once per toon so far.
  • karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Not sure how many maps I went through, but I got six MH before finally getting my OH on my wiz. Thankfully, one of the six actually had the power mod I wanted. My rogue still needs her OH, but she has the upgraded hellfire set that she got before the changes to the map drop rate. Not going to farm for the OH like I did for my wiz.
  • batailleusebatailleuse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    honestly i suprised to see how fast i got them,

farmed the set in 20 chest first toon
    Farmed the Set in 30 chest secodn toon
    my brother got it under 30 on both his.

maps are ridiculously easy to farm got 30 in like 2h (my brother same-ish he got 25 on the same period)

you can just rush there, get free full 1250 gear + weapon set if you have a friend to rush your Alt in avernus.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    On some characters I got the set in a relatively quick manner but some of my characters must have really bad rng because they rarely get any maps and have yet to get either main-hand or off-hand.
    Dps characters seem to get it quicker but my tank did get it fast.
    On the other hand my Healer gets next to no maps and has zero luck with the maps. And yes, I;m running a dps spec on the healer but it makes no difference to their rng.
    Overall I think the drop rate is fine but it's still rng and that means while some players and characters get the weapon set fast and easy, other will still farm and grind to little or no avail.
    Such is life.
    To be clear I brought my healer to Avernus first and was trying to get the weapon set before the patch. It's as if they are stuck with the old rng odds %. Since the patch I brought other classes through and got the set no problem. Between each I keep bringing my healer back to farm but they have bad rng and get next to no maps and absolutely no weapons from the maps they get. If you think I just didn't get enough maps on the healer. let me just say that they have spent 10x the amount of time farming maps and have pulled from at least 4x as many treasure chests as characters that have gotten the set 6x over. So one character has 6 weapon sets that can't be used yet another character can't even get half a set even though they have done way more farming.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020

On some characters I got the set in a relatively quick manner but some of my characters must have really bad rng because they rarely get any maps and have yet to get either main-hand or off-hand.
    Dps characters seem to get it quicker but my tank did get it fast.
    On the other hand my Healer gets next to no maps and has zero luck with the maps. And yes, I;m running a dps spec on the healer but it makes no difference to their rng.
    Overall I think the drop rate is fine but it's still rng and that means while some players and characters get the weapon set fast and easy, other will still farm and grind to little or no avail.
    Such is life.
    To be clear I brought my healer to Avernus first and was trying to get the weapon set before the patch. It's as if they are stuck with the old rng odds %. Since the patch I brought other classes through and got the set no problem. Between each I keep bringing my healer back to farm but they have bad rng and get next to no maps and absolutely no weapons from the maps they get. If you think I just didn't get enough maps on the healer. let me just say that they have spent 10x the amount of time farming maps and have pulled from at least 4x as many treasure chests as characters that have gotten the set 6x over. So one character has 6 weapon sets that can't be used yet another character can't even get half a set even though they have done way more farming.

That has nothing to do with. Just RNG. I play 6 characters and got in before and after the patch.

I had only 2 characters got the full set (before Redeemed Citadel. The others got the main hand only. With the "Redeemed Citadel", I decided to make the 3rd character to do it to get the Blessed set. When he was doing that, he got tons of map and I mean over 200 maps. Stack and stack. I let him to open some maps (may be 30). He got 4 full sets but he is not going to use them. Then, I sent the 4th character to do Redeemed Citadel (the 2nd one to do Redeemed Citadel). She also got tons of map. She got the full set in no time. She still has 50 maps and accumulating. Again, she is not going to use the legend set.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    So waiting for blessed set when it comes on xbox in sept is the thing to do eh? I got the mainhand on my main toon in 12 maps IIRC(the only one to go that far). I've done 15-20 maps so far and still no offhand. Doesn't seem like the drop rate was upped at all to me. I've been doing it only since patch went live to console too. I even went and got eh hellfire set to help with killing things(i main a pally) and still no difference in map drop rate. I get like one per hour of farming if I'm lucky. Usually goa whole farm session with no maps at all. Even jumping instances to ones with fewer people and no change.

This stuff should not be behind RNG, just put all in a store for currency...
    edited August 2020

So waiting for blessed set when it comes on xbox in sept is the thing to do eh?

If that is the set you want eventually and you want to save the upgrade cost (ward, potency, refining stone, RP, cube, ...) and you can live with your current weapon for a while, I would say yes.

Mind you that you will not be able to upgrade the blessing to open the 2nd slot until you complete the whole campaign (as grinding and waiting). It can be a long while.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Will the Blessed set require 4 months of farming to obtain and upgrade? I see upgrade items from the event, so I'm assuming the gear uses this instead of the normal stones & RP for upgrading.
    edited August 2020

Will the Blessed set require 4 months of farming to obtain and upgrade? I see upgrade items from the event, so I'm assuming the gear uses this instead of the normal stones & RP for upgrading.

To upgrade to its fullness, you need the material from the last 3 milestone (unless somehow you can purchase them or get a drop somewhere else).

To upgrade from green to blue, it needs:
    1. RP
    2. 3x Enchanting Stone, rank 3
    3. 1x Tears of the Redeemed (from milestone 2)
    4. 6x Fiend Remains (don't know where to find it)
    5. Ward (if you lose the Tears of the Redeemed without using ward, I don't know if you can obtain that again).
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Over 50 maps opened in this latest patch (PC), and didn't get a single piece of legion set... I got loads of them before, now with this toon absolutely no drop. Was low-drop RNG set back again? Anyone experiencing the same?
    aday#3795 said:

Over 50 maps opened in this latest patch (PC), and didn't get a single piece of legion set... I got loads of them before, now with this toon absolutely no drop. Was low-drop RNG set back again? Anyone experiencing the same?

Not me. I have quite a few drop for both main and off hand. However, the toons I run already have them. They also open (say) 10 maps on the same chest in one shot though.
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2020

aday#3795 said:

Not me. I have quite a few drop for both main and off hand. However, the toons I run already have them. They also open (say) 10 maps on the same chest in one shot though.
    :( Ok so it's not the patch itself. I had plenty of drops as well, previously, but on other toons. This one has just had none so far.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Out of about 40 openings... i got 2 offhands, 1 weapon, and 1 metal rod. I can see the frustration of them not dropping, but keep at it. If the percentage was too high peeps would open 10 chests and never use another map ever again.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    its probably just RNG. i didnt specifically farm maps to get those weapon sets. i have started to open them because of the Redeemed Citadel Weekly, and I have gotten too much of those weapons and they only give 150 rp.. its very sad.