test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whispering Knife Combat Advantage or Gutterborn Bug

flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
I have now tested this hundreds of times and invariably the results are the same every single time.
(Tested on guild dummies and 1000s of the new zones creatures regular/elite/gary/mog etc etc thanks to your fail drop rates on map weapons)

As far as I know entering stealth should trigger combat advantage on all mobs for all my skills.
The tool tip is a little shaky as it says "those that are unaware" and that can be read a few different ways.
But my assumption is stealth = CA.

Scenario a)
enter stealth
execute lashing blade -- trigger's Gutterborn and Advantageous Position, -- thus ensuring the next hits have CA regardless of stealth
execute Hateful Knives and/or Shadow Strike, and/or Blitz. (note HK will add 5% from belt bonus if used first so for testing I would use it last)

Scenario b)
enter stealth
throw any at-will -- triggers Gutterborn, does not exit stealth
execute Shadow Strike first (does not exit stealth) then Blitz or Hateful Knives (or any other skill)

In both cases a) b) the net bonus damage effect (all else being equal) should be Gutterborn + CA on all these ranged hits SS, BZ,HK.
(HK will add 5% if executes before another range hit from my belt set)

Every single time I execute b) my Shadow Strike (and any other skill while in Stealth) is missing a significant amount of damage compared to scenario a). Once leaving stealth AP triggers and the extra damage returns.

Samples of case a) (no buffing very basic SS) dealing 450-560k damage critted, 200k+ or non crits
Samples of case b) (no buffing very basic SS) typically giving 300k crits, 130k non crits.
(tested ensuring that any power buffs like IC gloves are maxed for both cases so the net effects of outside factors are slim to none)

Only conclusion I can draw is all the range hits I use are not getting the full CA benefits (if any at all) while in stealth and gutterborn is active.

But then it gets more weird when just testing SS on its own with without stealth and Gutterborn.
The numbers vary enough to know somethings getting missed out on consistently. Whether is GB, CA or some mix of both.

Please check on this thanks.
Flecia.

PS DONT NERF SCENARIO a) my biggest worry bring this up is this will happen.

Comments

• flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Does anyone that is involved with reading these bugs ever acknowledge that the request has been read and "we are looking into this"?.

I am not trying to exhibit attitude, nor am I assuming that you are not doing your jobs. I just feel that for something as important as 'a rogue's CA is not being added to the damage formula under certain situations where it is supposed to be included' that this would warrant some feedback. At this point for all I know its possible that all my skills are not getting CA buff while stealthed since the only way I can compare is to trigger CA via Advantageous Position from Lashing Blade (so that I leave stealth).

I am more than happy to do more testing to get to the bottom of this but if nobody asks me for more information I would have to assume that you understand what my post is saying and that you are ON IT.

To test if my lashing blade was also not getting CA, I messed around with assassin.
    Using all the same gear all the same stats I added no melee damage, no feats.
    (The most boring hour of my life)

From what I can see the results of using stealth, and lashing blade come out as expected.
    Very similar output that is consistent with the ups and downs of the daggers range.
    (perhaps my bias here but seemed in that short period that the assassin was having more luck not hitting bottom half values of the daggers ranges)

So wherever this damage loss is happening it is with my range powers (or at least not my lashing blade when immediately using it after stealth)

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for your detailed post - it is being passed on for investigation.

We aren't able to reply to every post but we do escalate all bugs reported. We keep tabs on reports throughout the week but on Mondays is when we do the deeper dive to make sure we didn't miss anything. Most of our forum post replies will happen on a Monday because of this.

Thank you for your detailed post - it is being passed on for investigation.

We aren't able to reply to every post but we do escalate all bugs reported. We keep tabs on reports throughout the week but on Mondays is when we do the deeper dive to make sure we didn't miss anything. Most of our forum post replies will happen on a Monday because of this.

Thank you for the response.
    Timely fix would be great. (note then when i say all range I also mean at wills which are kind of weak as is, let alone without any CA/Gutterborn)

• cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for your report! We've identified an issue with the Stealthed Shadow Strike power, and this has been recorded in our database.

One thing I do want to note about your A & B scenario is that Scenario A will always result in you receiving more damage due to the Cunning Ambusher ability which states "You deal 10% more damage for 5 seconds after leaving Stealth", which may be why you are seeing different damage with powers other than the Stealthed Shadow Strike receiving a bonus in scenario A and not scenario B.
    Miku V.

Thank you for your report! We've identified an issue with the Stealthed Shadow Strike power, and this has been recorded in our database.

One thing I do want to note about your A & B scenario is that Scenario A will always result in you receiving more damage due to the Cunning Ambusher ability which states "You deal 10% more damage for 5 seconds after leaving Stealth", which may be why you are seeing different damage with powers other than the Stealthed Shadow Strike receiving a bonus in scenario A and not scenario B.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I did notice Cunning Ambusher, but the difference in output was way more than 10% all else being equal so it had to something more than just that. But I admit I should be more aware of those passive and that does partially account for some of the difference.

Can I expect my SS to be functional and outputting better results from scenario b) soon?
    (unless you want to reduce the CD on my lashing blade (WK only forget assassins) so that i can just always do a) ).
    Can you give me some details what it was you found about stealth SS?

Just another suggestion ... since i RARELY will be going SS -> LB (my only useful melee power) given Cunning exists can you make SS back to what it was before? 10% range rather than 5% range %5 melee? I have one melee power that i will ever use so why not just give SS the full range 10% like it used to be? Thus bumping my HK, BZ!