test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifedrinker

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
it still says 'increases your life steal chance' did they really remove it from game or does it still exist at some minimal level and can i get it back with this enchant?

Comments

• psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    i know they're bad at updating tool tips, but seriously they 'removed' life steal mod 16. update the damn thing or let me use it to take over the world!!!!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    This thread was created after mod 16.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13081437

The first post provided images of lifedrinker before and after mod 16.

Note that: the lifedrinker tooltip was re-written for mod 16. Instead of getting rid of life steal, they adjusted the percentage of the life steal chance. Hence, I imagine life steal stat still exists internally (probably default to 0%) but there is not many ways you can adjust it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am not sure how "effective" the enchant is for health. However I have stated this many times before;
    I never said during any combat situation, Oh thank god I had (insert armor / weapon enchantment here)! That really saved the day.

All your enchants work as a whole, and just 1 enchant - no matter the rank - is not going to make or break you.

I tend to think you would do better to grab a bunch of Juma's Bags o' Chicken and get some snazzy robes that transfer health, by siphoning life from your target, creating a nearby healing orb which can be picked up to restore 5% of your Maximum Hit Points over 5 seconds.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I did some light testing with the lifedrinker a couple months ago.

Im not sure what % the chance is but it does proc a lifesteal from time to time.
    I did my testing on a Rogue so most of lifesteal's were on my at will for a very small amount but I did manage to get a few big procs in on my encounter powers which healed for over 100k.
    I also noticed that the healing from the lifedrinker enchantment didn't proc the burnished weapon set bonus.
    ALthough I guess since the burnished is fairly out dated that wont matter much, but in the future I would assume that any gear which has a bonus that proc's on a heal, probably wont trigger from the lifedrinker enchantment.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    lifedrinker. although it still works is no way near as good as pre m16, you're far better off using bloodtheft armor enchant in conjunction with lightning or any chain/aoe weapon enchant, as the more hits you do, the more chance of incoming healing via bloodtheft.
    if its incoming healing youre specifically looking for, you can use the comp bonus from an astral deva to heal 4% max hp when taking dmg, redemption also, and the mount bonus:barbarians revelry for 1% health every time you crit, and push up hp every way possible so those heals get bigger and bigger.