test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Playable Char (opinions wanted)

solaria#3125 solaria Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Halloween is coming soon and we all know what the means? ;) Well maybe not but I had an idea for a new character to play if you'll indulge me. =)

The Greywolf tribe Werewolf! I as well as many of you have seen the companion or the one I love better the costume Werewolf that some have been wearing. This would have the ability to turn into a Werewolf, not full time of course. Along with different encounter powers and dailies. They would have different powers as Human and Werewolf. Like they would most likely use a spear in Human form and slash their claws as a Werewolf. I would imagine they would have a summon like the soul puppet, but it would be a spirit wolf to come help kill enemies, or even a real wolf that would come to their aid. Add to this make it viral, I think it would be wicked to have to Greywolf Tribe Werewolf be a playable character.
Post edited by solaria#3125 on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Lycanthropy is a curse. Not a parlor trick.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I see many players jumping around... Isn't a Frog a better choice ?
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Halloween is coming soon and we all know what the means? ;) Well maybe not but I had an idea for a new character to play if you'll indulge me. =)

The Greywolf tribe Werewolf! I as well as many of you have seen the companion or the one I love better the costume Werewolf that some have been wearing. This would have the ability to turn into a Werewolf, not full time of course. Along with different encounter powers and dailies. They would have different powers as Human and Werewolf. Like they would most likely use a spear in Human form and slash their claws as a Werewolf. I would imagine they would have a summon like the soul puppet, but it would be a spirit wolf to come help kill enemies, or even a real wolf that would come to their aid. Add to this make it viral, I think it would be wicked to have to Greywolf Tribe Werewolf be a playable character.

First to address what @greywynd said;
    Lore: The Gray Wolf tribe were barbarians who embraced lycanthropy as a birthright. They are a branch of the Uthgardt barbarians. Enjoy the video! About Your Build
    Assuming you want this to be authentic as possible in the standards of D&D ... you are not going to have a comical version named Eddie Munster or Jacob Black, correct? Pick a good barbarian name. Other than that, I wouldn't see much of a problem making your Gray Wolf barbarian into a werewolf assuming you can get (win) the transformation from the Liar's Masquerade this year or acquired it last year.

Ah, there is the rub!

No guarantee, they will have the costume available this year. Since Ravenloft (mod 14) dropped in 2018, they added the contest to pick one of 3 teams and win a fashion costume of your team. I have joined team witch twice and lost twice. While last year they offered a werewolf, that was the new one that replaced the 2018 winner.

The Liar's Masquerade seems to change a little bit every year. Before 2018, the event lasted 1 week and landed on Tuesday or Thursday. October 23rd to Novemeber 6th of 2018, the costume teams were team witch, scarecrow, and razorwood. Yes, the people who joined team razorwood won the "Visage of Roots" and the contest had its flaws. Everyone could visually see that team razorwood was winning and joined the winning team to win the prize. The next year, while they removed the "progress indicator", people were just counting hats to figure it was team werewolf for the win. They will change it up again this year, I would not base this build on the assumption you can win the werewolf transmute, unless you got it from last year.

Other than the costume issue, I think it would be a great idea to start working on the Halloween costumes. Be sure to check out the Barovian Bash this year, it is a player's party, unofficial event. I forget who suggested it back in 2018? But it was too late to get one organized as most people were already playing the Liar's Masquerade. Time to think up a costume and get that player up to level 70 to join us for the contests and fun! I hope to see you there. <3
    wb-cenders.gif