test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doubles of legion gaurd weapons

xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
Players are getting doubles of their main hand or off hand weapons before getting a full set.
Can we please make the items unique so we are not getting double or the same item.

Comments

• blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    just got my 5th main hand....

NO offhand so far....

It's sounding like the Alabaster weapons.....
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    how did ppl get legion ? i farmed over 400 maps 0 drop , i give up theres no point farming so many days to get nothing
    developers take the fun of the game is farming simulator now
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

how did ppl get legion ? i farmed over 400 maps 0 drop , i give up theres no point farming so many days to get nothing
    developers take the fun of the game is farming simulator now

That's unusually unlucky. As I mentioned in a different thread https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1257062/avernus-treasure-map-chests-the-drop-table the drop rate seems to be around 1%, but that still means that some people can open 400+ maps and not get a drop.

Now, they are going to increase the drop rate (so I suggest anyone collecting maps hold off on using them until the patch goes live), but you are basically a textbook example of what I have been saying - a low drop rate for an "essential progression item" means that some people will not get the item, get frustrated and give up.

Hoping for improvements...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't know where (guild member) @blargskull wandered off to lately, but he told me this; he wished they would fix drops to stop dropping duplicate items using some type of flag or drop table. In other words, if you already have the armor chest piece it should no longer be in the drop table and could be replaced with something else of use. Not saying you would not need to grind but it wouldn't be dropping stuff you already own.

I told him, I don't know if that would be a "good idea" with Cryptic or not. I farm a few items, but if you are talking BtC, then yes I could see that working.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    was hoping a patch would go live today seems no such luck
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Also have got 3 main hand weapons so far. any chance of off hand?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Weapons don't drop - players whine.
    Weapons drop but omg i haven't got my set in two maps fix it - players whine.

Weapon is now too easy to drop and I did that for 400 maps, it is not fair - players whine.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    They could add an option to 'restore' on the legion guard weapons
    Restoring the main hand to the offhand and the reverse. Question is how costly the restore would be however.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Some of us actually want duplicate weapons so we can have a pure AE build and a pure single target build. Without two weapons, we would have to constantly switch weapon enchantments and weapon modifications. I'm not a fan of removing the chance to get an extra weapon completely. I'd rather it be setup to where you get both of them first then do like other things and check to see if the player has them. If the player has both of them, it can drop either one again as a random drop.

As a player that has 4 off-hands I agree completely. If it is too much trouble to program a routine that checks your drops for the weapon hand you don't have yet, could we AT LEAST get the possibility to trade in for the one you want?

Even at a 4 to 1 basis I could still have a complete set, if I want to farm for others for the enchantments then fine.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    not sure why this still happen (same hamster with Alabaster set), when these maps could drop "weapon box/pack" instead of weapon directly. Double click on box -> choose one, either main or off hand, and that's it.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    agodbea said:

They could add an option to 'restore' on the legion guard weapons
    Restoring the main hand to the offhand and the reverse. Question is how costly the restore would be however.

That's way, way too much effort for little benefit. If the drop rate is 10%, people will on the average get a set after 30 maps...and almost everyone will have a set after 100 maps, and that only takes a few days.

Besides, we might be getting opther options soon. In the stream yesterday they mentioned upgrading some crafted gear to be "viable at L80 - if that includes weapons, we might be getting something of similar quality as Legion, just with a different bonus. Also, we are expecting the "Blessed" weapon set soon (probably IL 1250, and a part of the Redeemed Citadel) and that set will be better than Legion anyhow.

So, sure, you can chase the legion set - it is a worthwhile upgrade from Alabaster or Burnished and will make it easier to get Lionheart or Celestial, but you should have more options soon.
    Hoping for improvements...