test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us buy maps through the campaign store as drop rate STILL inconsistent .

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
As the map drop rate is still inconsistent why not add them to the campaign store ( for around 200 to 300 infernal scraps ) .
That way we can purchase them ( though still have to hope for better RNG luck when opening them ) .
This would at least offer a better chance of eventually getting the legion weapons as people would at least grinding the HE's in order to get the scraps to buy the maps .
It would be better odds than the current grinding of mobs to literally get zero maps .

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    May as well just let us to buy the chest directly so that we don't need to travel around.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    may as well let us buy the items directly so we dont need the Rng on the chest ..
  • northwind1974northwind1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I consistently get over 10 maps a hour right now, seems a fair drop rate to me. I would prefer the suggestion that the legion weapons could be purchased using firesmith hammers if RNG is being unkind, like what i've experienced. Getting close to 200 maps and no legion :(
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The drop rates will remain inconsistent as long as they are purely RNG based.

However, the more you farm, the more it should even out, from a statistical point of view.

Low-probability RNG drops should never be used for critical items.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The overall map rate is not to bad now....however, it kind-of feels like there is a cooldown of some kind.

Frequntly just after starting farming, I get 3-5 maps within a minute or two .... and then it slows down quite a bit...and after getting maybe 20-25 maps in a single session, it is as if I can go a long time between maps.

It might be just my imagination, though...is anyone else seeing this ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The overall map rate is not to bad now....however, it kind-of feels like there is a cooldown of some kind.

Frequntly just after starting farming, I get 3-5 maps within a minute or two .... and then it slows down quite a bit...and after getting maybe 20-25 maps in a single session, it is as if I can go a long time between maps.

It might be just my imagination, though...is anyone else seeing this ?

yea now they improved the drop rate slightly i have noticed i now get 6 maps then all of a sudden dont pull one for the rest of my play session
    to the degree i had even thought they put a daily cap on

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Sounds like all sorts of random drops layered in random fun over there. I got as far as the first memory and put module on hold for me, while I am focused on getting my final boon points. From what I am reading here, I am glad I did wait. But please tell me these "treasure maps" are not a requisite to get the campaign finished and get your boons. These are for gear correct?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

just stop farming maps, dont be a fool, you will never get legion weapons, stop wasting your life on this game

And yet here you are...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    greywynd said:

just stop farming maps, dont be a fool, you will never get legion weapons, stop wasting your life on this game

And yet here you are...
    Yes... here we all are. @slyze#3775 farming (aka grinding) is hardly what I would call supporting the game. One of my whale friends returned to the game and I asked him, "Are you back to manage your guild?" His answer was, "No just spent $200 on some bundles and got this epic mount. But it tells me it is bound to my account for 7 days? Do you know anything about this." I explained it to him that it prevents immediate sale in the AH. But I felt like calling him a blockhead. Then he left and I probably won't see him for another month or so. That is someone supporting this game. Grinding for free stuff doesn't do a damn thing.
    wb-cenders.gif