test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no new mount in summer festival again

blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
i was looking forward to seeing a new mount after we got new stuff from, jubilee and Celebration but after seeing nothing new in the summer festival but only a new companion what the point in having fun in this event if we cant use are Favor of Sune on anything new why i decided just to skip out on this event again and how i will not be buying any of them snail mounts from the event

Comments

• unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    There whas nothing new since they added sahha event now is a new pet ..prolly they dont have 5 minutes in 365 days to add a reskined mount or pet...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Do the minimum everyday. Collect the stuff for next year. Minimum is 20 seconds per toon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    they gave jubilee this year demon wings while given Celebration a new Starry Sphere mount so why cant they not give the summer festival something new as well instead of just slapping us all in the face cause i really had enough of this HAMSTER why i said im not going to do this event if there going to do that not cool
    edited July 2020
    and yes I feel the summer event needs a new mount and don't see why they cant add one I just feel it would make the event this year so much better than it was since I know they wont do one cause all they want to do is keep old content that doesn't really help with the event or would of spend my favor of sune on something new I wanted but don't see my self wasting my time on this for it being dead
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    There are 3 styles of body paint (fashion tats) and they almost all have the same look... I know it is asking too much from the art department to draw up 3 more UV skins and add them to the game. @blackwolftundra is asking them for a new armature, mesh, animations... where does the insanity end?
    ... click ...
    Sarcasm mode off now, I would add one, if I could. One befitting the Summer Festival...

The Quickling Mount! Yes faster than a speeding moped, able to leap brush in a single bound, look scurrying across the land! Imagine you low atop the shoulders of your very own quickling mount!

*offer not available in most regions of the known universe.

But what would you want as a mount?
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited July 2020

they gave jubilee this year demon wings while given Celebration a new Starry Sphere mount so why cant they not give the summer festival something new as well instead of just slapping us all in the face cause i really had enough of this HAMSTER why i said im not going to do this event if there going to do that not cool

You are correct that the new thing they provide for this summer festival is not cool. It is a sun.
    Jubliee -> wing (fashion)
    Celebration -> Sphere (mount)
    Summer festival -> Sun (companion)

Kind of in line.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

You are correct that the new thing they provide for this summer festival is not cool. It is a sun.
    Jubliee -> wing (fashion)
    Celebration -> Sphere (mount)
    Summer festival -> Sun (companion)

Kind of in line.
    some of the players did agree with me on fb for wanting more than a fireball since they could of added a mount along with it that glowed fire or something since i did want a choice over a companion or mount

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Why is it a surprise? They gave us the development road map for the near future.

There has been talk about refreshing events though and rotating them in and out for upgrades. I look forward to it when it happens!!
    Post edited by reg1981 on
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I want, I want, no.. I DEMAND free stuff from a free to play game NOW,,, Sigh.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    edited July 2020
    no how they did jubilee with two different fashion items if they had done the festival the same way we could of gotten two new items instead of one since they could of done one companion one epic mount just to make the event that much better since i know the mount wont happen
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    finmakin said:

I want, I want, no.. I DEMAND free stuff from a free to play game NOW,,, Sigh.

Event items are *not* free. Did anyone get a free mount in the fireworks event? No. You want it, you come back every half hour, even if you bought the fireworks on AH. Hardly free.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I have to wonder if that Sun of Sune will be working correctly, as I remember seeing it hovering at the event platform for the Hellpit event.
    it's not about want this or want that but they could of made the event better but oh well i think the event sucks
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    One of the best event in game in my opinion. Probably because the past few years i've gotten legendary mount(s) from the Mithral tickets.

Those with many alts can actually put their alts to good use and farm the event and selling items later. I made a few million ADs selling items from this event.

It is also fun to get a group of friends/guildmate/alliance members for a water balloon fight.

Glad they added the Sun companion instead of more mounts, as this event already have enough.
    edited July 2020
    I like this event because basically you do next to nothing and can get almost everything from its store. All my characters can get the sun companion on the first day because they all talked to the lady only once per day last year. They did not participate anything within the event besides talking to the lady once per day.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I would have liked a revamp but it's not like the e vent is worthless. you still can get the influence. and with the revamped mc coming up that's worth millions. I'm still grumpy about sahha though. they could have at least made it worth playing. but still on my new chars I'm forced to spend ten minutes I"ll never get back on a pointless game with no rewards worth having. it should be half the time auto end at five scores on one side and have decent rewards for win.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Yes this event is not worthless! Get in there play that soccer/football game and buy those fashion tats. I want to buy them in the AH, so get busy playing and stop whining about it. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    playing sahha is the WORST way to earn fashion. You want to just bang around ticketballs for that. sahha is the biggest waste of time in the game atm lol.

I also don't understand why you have to be level 40 for this? that is a huge head scratcher. what was wrong with level 15 the way it used to be. having to grind my last alts to 40 is a pia and then I see these poor actual noobs who need the mounts who can't get in. the summer event was what got me hooked on this game a few years ago at the lowest level.. just sayin is all...

Yes this event is not worthless! Get in there play that soccer/football game and buy those fashion tats. I want to buy them in the AH, so get busy playing and stop whining about it. :lol:

haven't been playing in the event since i have collected the favor of sune where they dont need to make the south sea expensive on ah
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User

Sarcasm mode off now, I would add one, if I could. One befitting the Summer Festival...

The Quickling Mount! Yes faster than a speeding moped, able to leap brush in a single bound, look scurrying across the land! Imagine you low atop the shoulders of your very own quickling mount!

*offer not available in most regions of the known universe.

But what would you want as a mount?
    Yes! Finally a mount that will not be scaled for my Halfling!
    Leave it tiny for the Dragonborn and let them travel on their bellies!
    Even better, make it 180% speed :-)

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

.. I know it is asking too much from

the art department

FRANK?
    WHERE IS THAT LAZY... ohcrap.
    He's at home alone?

HAMSTER, Frank has the Rona.
    Fraaaaank!!! NOOOOOO!!!
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    > @blackwolftundra said:
    > they gave jubilee this year demon wings while given Celebration a new Starry Sphere mount so why cant they not give the summer festival something new as well instead of just slapping us all in the face cause i really had enough of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> why i said im not going to do this event if there going to do that not cool

I don't hold back on criticizing Cryptic, and there are years-long-in-existence things in Summerfest that are deserving of criticism. (Ex. The laughably horrendous physics in the sahha ball matches. The suspected bug in match rewards. The abysmal odds of getting a mithril ticket, etc.) However, the inclusion of a new companion that has *the* best companion enhancement (i.e. Potent Precision), and the not useless stat combination of Accuracy & Deflection (this will be more useful for some than others yet that rings true of all slotted comp. stat combos) is not "a slap in the face," even if it may not be what you were hoping for.

If you are short on Accuracy this new companion is a solid addition, and even more so once we factor in the Potent Precision. If none of that appeals to you, well, watermelon sorbet & caprese material farming is still highly useful, and can earn you some AD on AH too, if you're so inclined.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Go get those flowers... And you can buy whatever mount skin you like if pick enough. There are many events with worse odds/time-ad-relations.
    I like a lot of stuff I can get in there and several things are (for once!) not bound. Find alli groups to receive ticket balls on your main toon and share on your alts. Splash ancient friends (enemies) with some water. Report flower thieves. Life's good.
    - bye bye -
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Anyone else notice the Hot Pink flail snail in PE? I am trying to figure out if its me or its a new mount. I am on the summer flail snail in case your curious. Cryptic, can we get this now that I found it?
    edited July 2020

Anyone else notice the Hot Pink flail snail in PE? I am trying to figure out if its me or its a new mount. I am on the summer flail snail in case your curious. Cryptic, can we get this now that I found it?

Was that "Hot Pink" snail the first generation of 'free' snail from summer festival?

Edit: never mind. It is not.

The name of it is "Neverwinter Commoner" while the other snail in display has the proper name "Forest Flail Snail". :)