test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

newbies aren't finding undermountain campaign

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I have a baby guild full of people hitting level 70 for the first time. they aren't gearing at level 70 like you'd expect. a couple have found the vistani gear but almost no one is finding the undermountain sets until I point them there and even then some aren't seeming to find it. I think they don't see it behind him or something. the level 70 newest quest line should be more prominent. knox should just give it to them and it should flash across the screen or send an email or something saying go to knox and moonstone mask. they struggle and get frustrated with lack of gear and not being able to do the campaigns.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You don't have to talk to Knox. You can go to the Mask and track down Neverember and start it that way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arche289#9350 arche289 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I agree, but this is why we try our best as a guild to let new members know about the undermountain quest once they hit 70. We are trying to work anyone new through the campaign together as a guild to get them to be able to do ME's so they can gear up for avernus and then get them to dungeons and trials.

I think this is the reason you have set up a guild, so perhaps you could send a letter to anyone new to your guild about it. We have a very small guild, but have channels to communicate this.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Guild mail can be sent. I think it is one per day.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The points where a player turns in a quest and doesn't get the next quest in the same convo tend to throw a lot of people as well. The middle part of Willowwood seems to throw people a lot. I don't know how many people I've had to walk through that with. They either get stuck after lighting the last fire or after the dragon lair.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the point is you shouldn' thave to send guild mails to let people know about it. there are a lot of people that also resist joining guilds. this is a problem that neverwinter needs to fix if it wants to retain new players.
  • aeacus3764aeacus3764 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I recently returned after a 2 year hiatus and did experience much of what you are talking about. My problem was compounded since I just solo (no guild) and don't talk to anyone.

Biggest thing I can suggest, do a little research...forums/youtube. I'm not an end-game player, so I'll never have the best, but I went from 16k gear to 21k in 2 weeks (no AD really, but I had some bars left over to buy health stones)..just doing some research.

Just did the Bel fight solo, a huge pain, but was fun.
  • dwill04dwill04 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I know this is an old post but I haven't played in a while and I just came back. I was already doing master expeditions but now the campaign doesn't show up at all and there is nowhere to pick up the quest. Not that i should have to as far in undermountain as i already was before my break. No way to get ahold of anyone so i just can't progress?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    dwill04 said:

I know this is an old post but I haven't played in a while and I just came back. I was already doing master expeditions but now the campaign doesn't show up at all and there is nowhere to pick up the quest. Not that i should have to as far in undermountain as i already was before my break. No way to get ahold of anyone so i just can't progress?

It's now listed under adventures instead of campaigns
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox