What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

They will reduce Halaster stats, HP and damage in TOMM

2»

Comments

• rawchellerawchelle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    unbarb said:

The way it is currently also Legion weapons require so much farming and uncertainty that they are out of reach of many/most that are not very lucky. That is not ok. The ToMM/ZC runners should not have THAT big an advantage.

The latest patch is increasing map drop rates. The legion guard set will be a good in between from burnished to Lionheart for people looking to get into ToMM and they're certainly good enough for TIC.

• kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    finmakin said:

unbarb said:

Now that the Tower of the Mad Mage is 1 year old, they will reduce Halaster stats, HP and damage in TOMM so more players can get their Lionheart Weapon set and rings to be ready for Zariel Challenge.
    I think it is a good move because this trial felt overwhelming for new players and veterans since its release.

I sense your reasoning, and I don't agree with it since players, mostly from same location were this kind of posts are appearing on forum lately (prolly like yourself) are looking for ways to get their hands on endgame items the easy way..

I have a better solution for dev's.
    Leave ToMM in it's form as it is now and create a baby ToMM trial were playes can prepare themself for the normall ToMM.
    This include baby loot like no Legendary rings and no part's of weaponset (but with Void's) because it's my opinion you have to Earn the Lionheart weaponset.
    Actually i can support that idea as well it is after all what they are going to do wit big Z by adding a lower version. and by slowing down mechanics and allowing ppl to be able to still work towards learning and enjoying the content and also it may take 40 runs but at least they can earn the set and maybe learn it well enough then could run the original to get more sets for alts. truly is a great idea. and one they thought of only 1 trial to late but it would be a huge boost to community if they made this happen it could be a huge win and support boost of positive outlook that cryptic desperately needs.
  • palosanto#5610 palosanto Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @kranky#1106 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Actually i can support that idea as well it is after all what they are going to do wit big Z by adding a lower version. and by slowing down mechanics and allowing ppl to be able to still work towards learning and enjoying the content and also it may take 40 runs but at least they can earn the set and maybe learn it well enough then could run the original to get more sets for alts. truly is a great idea. and one they thought of only 1 trial to late but it would be a huge boost to community if they made this happen it could be a huge win and support boost of positive outlook that cryptic desperately needs.

I have been reading all the comments posted on these 2 pages, most of them very funny or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but I share my thoughts with this one, make tomm normal and tomm heroic (u can change the names, it s up to u) as for rewards, lionheart weapons with lesser stats than the hc ones. It s similar to wow somehow, as you had normal content 10 and 25 player, with the rewards dropped preparing you for the heroic content, easy as that)
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Soon (mod20?) they will add ToMM to random Q, and like with any end game dungeons it will get an adjustment. Right now ToMM is still profitable to run because of rings/Lionhearts. That means the potential for players to spend money to upgrade their characters to run ToMM and prep for Zariel.

They are making non epic/storyline version for Zariel, "The Redeemed Citadel" that will runs from August-December, we are guessing this is where you will fight Zariel but in non epic format, with some new gears that was in collection (Blessed weapon sets?) in preview but at the current moment not on live.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    ...due the new scaling system which is for sure based on dmg calculation with new lionheart set..Lomm, Tong;craddle,CR aso. is a thing again in rtq/redq....never so many fails..MC is still good to go for most ppl...alabaster is dealing half the dmg of new lionheart. My alt Cleric 23,5k with 125k power and alabaster couldnt kill mimics thogether with tank...not to mention he cant heal in Lomm anymore (which was easy in Mod 18)...will I upgrade my alt cleric? ...for sure not....got him only cause every heal and his mother wanna play dps...Tomm may be doable now but what a huge gap to ZC stats cap...and for what? 3% more dmg with celestrial and not even to use if u do pvp (due the 10% dmg res)....just another meh design...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When it was being developed, Lassor said that TOMM wasn't intended to be included in RTQ ever. Things change of course but that was the word before and as it is 2 mods old and still not scaled, I imagine that hasn't changed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother