test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Artisan

bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
Pretty sure since I've been playing I've had a summer artisan on every character during summer fest. However, he/she seems to be missing this year. Bug? Or do we gotta chance it with zen purchased recruitment orders?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    got the same problem here
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yep the artisan seems to missing on all platforms!!!
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    why am I not surprised....I'm sorry but the QA at Cryptic is the worst
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    UPDATE:

Only some characters seem to be missing the artisan. I had to go to my workshop for it to appear on some toons. However, most toons arent getting the artisan.

UPDATE 2: So there may be a work around until cryptic fixes this. If you go to your workshop first, I've gotten the artisan. On toons I took straight to summer fest, then workshop, no artisan.

• atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User

UPDATE 2: So there may be a work around until cryptic fixes this. If you go to your workshop first, I've gotten the artisan. On toons I took straight to summer fest, then workshop, no artisan.

This did not work for me.

The toons that received the artisan, did they not do Summer Festival last year?
  • bookflirtbookflirt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Not working for returning toons whether visiting the event map first or workshop first.
    Books📚
    Yes, all my toons did summer fest last year... well 25 of them any ways. A few new ones since then.

The underlying issue was reported last year. It caused some of us to have other artisans hidden, in addition to the Summer Artisan. Now it's affecting the Summer Artisan of players who did Summer Festival last year. Please devs, when you fix this, fix the other hidden artisans too.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have the same problem, my main char get the quest for summer festival Map, but i have no Artisan. This is a really HAMSTER
  • lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Same here on ps4
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
    So another thing I've noticed is, the artisans I am getting, are all level 1 again. Lost all progress from last year. The toons missing artisans were max level 10 provisioning and maxed artisans. The toons getting artisans arent maxed in provisioning and weren't maxed artisans.

• rudy#3164 rudy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I'm a day one xbox player and have done this event every year... I also cant get my artisan to appear. I've tried my alts and the same thing for them.
    Post edited by rudy#3164 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    rudy#3164 said:

I'm a day one xbox player and have done this event every year... I also cant not get my artisan to appear. I've tried my alts and the same thing for them.

Try going to the workshop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pazarkpazark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No artisan. Been to workshop before and after summer fest. Artisan missing.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    The recipes are there, ingredients are there but no artisan. I'd been looking forward to making my sahha balls and other item to last me the year. Can't do this without an artisan
    In the old hidden artisan bug, which is still affecting us, another artisan is hidden in addition to the Summer Artisan. Please be sure to unhide the other artisans when unhiding the Summer Artisan.

Suggestion to fix both bugs at once: Don't hide any artisans. Let us keep the Summer Artisan all year. Just hide the Summer Provisioning profession itself, like the Gond profession gets hidden.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I thought they were revamping summerfest this year?
  • kingdarien#5736 kingdarien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I don’t think it’s just the artisan that is missing. Shouldn’t there be a free zen market coupon for Saha ball once you complete a quest? That was also missing from my toons that participated in last year’s event.
    You only get the coupon for the 1st event per toon... not every year.

• rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    So according to the CM, PS4/XB1 have to wait until next Tuesday while PC gets their patch tomorrow.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256987/update-all-platforms-summer-provision-artisan
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    They should extend the event but I'm sure that's not gonna happen
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2020

They should extend the event but I'm sure that's not gonna happen

why are you sure of that? the event (And the winter one) gets extended nearly every year for some reason or another. this is a proper straight up valid one.
  • amberle#6112 amberle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My artisan is missing as well, plus I can't get the Saha ball voucher and I'm getting no tickets for playing. If I have to wait till next week for a fix, am I going to get those missed free balls?????
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Fix is supposed to be tomorrow's patch. Try reading before ranting.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Fix is supposed to be tomorrow's patch. Try reading before ranting.

Only for PC, Consoles wont be patched with a fix until Tuesday 21st!
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > why are you sure of that? the event (And the winter one) gets extended nearly every year for some reason or another. this is a proper straight up valid one.

The "extension" of this event isn't really an extention. It's a planned event. If you look at the calendar you can see when the hight of the festival is going to happen. Same thing for wjnterfest. The only reason is that it was scheduled with additional discounts.

The real issue this time is several days are basically removed from the console event due to this bug for many players.. PC gets their fix today but console has to wait until next week. A full 4 days after PC. Nearly a week of the event is gone for consolea but no extention or reimbursement has been mentioned to make up for the loss of a total of nearly 6 days out of 21.... nearly a third of the event... gone.

That is a huge problem. And I will be very disappointed of they don't make it up to us some how.

PC missed 1 and 1/2 days (they are patched today). We miss 5 and 1/2 days. Both need some sort of compensation but it shouldn't be equal as console players take a significantly bigger hit. A free ball for every day missed is enough for me. Just put a pack of 5 or 6 in the claim agent which can be picked up by every character on the account. Not per account but per character. That at least gives us an immediate return with out having the risk of failing to build a ball in the workshop.
    Even if you dont have an artisan, you can still collect the flax to be crafted once the fix is implemented. You just need to be patient.

My concern is that, of all my characters, all of my artisans were reset to level 1 on the toons that have them this year. It's kinda obvious I played them last year when the summer provisioning profession is higher than level 1. The only toons I'm missing my artisans on were maxed level provisioning and maxed artisans. So are we to expect artisan resets every year? Or is this also part of the fix coming on Tuesday?

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.