test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Mote of Virtue (Weekly) Quest

colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Tried completing this weekly quest and Zariel was dropping around one million damage from an AOE. I tried looking for red zones on the ground to help avoid the damage, but couldn't see anything. Graphics are set at max, so that shouldn't be an issue. The damage values might need to be looked at. Damage seems a bit high for 25 Canian Iron Bars.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Storyline was easy. Repeatable seems like it is intentionally undoable without lots of scrolls/heals.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yeah. I breezed through the first run. Didn't expect trial-level damage from the repeatable.
  • jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User

The first run was fine, but this log is from my repeat try. I got hit for 900,344 damage. I'm a rogue. That's a little difficult for me to live through.
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I was told Lulu was supposed to be there in the middle to help me with her happy thoughts to mitigate damage? On my round Lulu had forgotten and was playing with peanuts on another map.
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I remember her saying something about us getting through this together, but there was no we and I ate all the damage. lol

At this point I'm logging on for one invoke and collect my keys until my VIP runs out. There's no fun to be had here. Everything you need to play is locked behind RNG. Dungeon and trial rewards are lackluster. They give you RAD, but rarely ever anything that you could sell on the AH. The AH economy seems to be centered around stuff you have to buy from the zen store and some refinement stones. The companion gear you actually need is locked behind RNG and there's no telling if you'll ever get that piece you need to balance you stats right, and sometimes the piece that would do that just doesn't exist. I'm not sure why a companion can wear a companion ring, but not a regular ring. Forcing us to use companion specific gear makes no sense. The pre-mod 16 way was better. In order to hit the required caps for the newest content, you actually have to use an augment companion. At that point, just ditch companions altogether and make everything about the gear you wear.

Whatever. This is all off-topic.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Uh....it is not hard at all....not initially, and not the repeatable weekly.

You just have to be careful about positioning, and timing of the 'F' power...that's all.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    Heya, sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with this >.<; We have confirmed internally that there is an inconsistency with the Summon Lulu ‘F’ power. If you are still having trouble with this, please try timing the F power when the screen prompt appears.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Miku V.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    Once you figure out when to use that F power It is not hard at all. Although, I will admit that it took me a few tries to figure out that I needed to use the sword in the first place because my first time through it was apparently bugged as I completed the quest without using the sword at all.

It was only during my second time through where I got to see that some potion healing was actually needed by me when fighting her without her minions and that I needed to figure out how to use the sword if I was ever going to finish the quest a second time. Also, it appears you also need to keep lulu healthy long enough for the cut scene to happen as I failed to do that in one of my tries and the sword thing did not seem to work.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Seemed easy to me. You have an "F" power that prompts Lulu to talk to Zariel and stops the casting of the killer area attack. When then cross appears over Lulu you have to stay close to her and share the damage so that she doesn't fall unconscious. If she does then she cannot talk to Zariel and you have to burn Zariel's down before she casts the area attack.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Seemed easy to me. You have an "F" power that prompts Lulu to talk to Zariel and stops the casting of the killer area attack. When then cross appears over Lulu you have to stay close to her and share the damage so that she doesn't fall unconscious. If she does then she cannot talk to Zariel and you have to burn Zariel's down before she casts the area attack.

^ and Zariel takes a while before the attack, and there is quite a timespan to use Lulu on her - however, it seems that Lulu has a bit of a short attention span and is not always in talking mood when you can and do press F on Zariel.
    It was fine for me, but it might need a bit of finetuning.
    - bye bye -
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Hmm. I didn't have any trouble on the re-do, but then again she never hit me either.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    The specific bug I have found is that Lulu does not always work. One time I used F right when Zariel began her power, and nothing happened. On the next run, Lulu disappeared. I think it may be especially prone to bugging if you die and repeat. On the third or fourth time, it worked okay.

On a larger level, this is a really cool first-time quest but a brutally long weekly for the currency it pays. I would ask the devs to shorten it. Take out the demons in the corrupted citadel, for example. Thank you for considering it.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • unearthedarcana#2961 unearthedarcana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    RPGs were derived from simulation games / wargames.
    unearthedarcana