test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Temporarily Closed] CDP Topic: Quality of Life Improvements

Comments

• tuna#6129 tuna Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    -have a apply to all characters button when selecting the set up of your chat boxes on your main toon
    -have a button when you select a item from your inventory on the trade house to pull up all of the same items already posted on the trade house
    -when switching loadouts automaticly slotting enchants if in your inventory that were last equiped to your toon and have a button on your load out screen that you have to hold down like high level gear to deslot all enchants insignias and runstones into your inventory. this may not be worth the work put in to implemant vs the amount of quality of life it helps especially since i see alot of great ideas already listed
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Description of Goal:
    Correct quest-giving NPCs to 1) Clearly have a quest diamond over their head if they have a quest for you (with an explanation point in it) 2) Have the quest title listed on the first panel of text displayed after NPC is engaged in conversation.
    Examples:
    Elminster in WoD: When he is engaged in conversation the first panel displays a dialog that says 'Continue', requiring the player to *click again* to reveal the "Reclaiming the Hoard" quest
    Quroun in The Chasm did not have a diamond when he had a quest
    One of the Dwarves in the ice field near the Giants (the camp) in Icespire Peak does not have a quest diamond over his head.

Area of Impact:
    Ease of Use, Visuals/Graphics

Risks and Concerns:
    Low level areas not the focus of development team.
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Description and Goal: (re)learning basic skills/powers etc of a class
    Being able to do the basic what do this powers/class mechanic quest again, when for example you are revitalizing an alt that you haven't played for years, totally forgot how those class mechanics work and want a refresher. This can also be used for players to get en visual guide when classes get their mechanics changed with re-ballanced or re-worked.

Area of Impact: quest mechanics/quest replayability

Risks & Concerns: if there are no safeguards in place their could be an option of getting valuable quest rewards again.
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Description of Goal:
    Notify users if Patch will reset character configurations 3 days prior to deployment of said patch.

Area of Impact:
    Ease of Use/Settings

RIsk & Concerns:
    Notification needs to be made several days prior to deployment to allow players in all time zones to document their settings and prepare for the changes. Notification should be in Forums and not Twitter or other channel. Recent deployment of mod 19 gave adequate warning to prepare, subsequent patches did not.
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    #1a) Separate the Progression Campaigns from all other campaigns, make them mandatory, and provide clear guidance through Sergeant Knox.
    - According to their in-game descriptions, the following campaigns:
    - Elemental Evil is used for levels (60 - 70), Undermountain is used for levels (70 - 80)
    These campaigns provides players with enough experience gain for reaching the levels mentioned above.
    The amount of quests given at level 60 and 70 is overwhelming as stated in previous suggestions.
    This is just a suggestion to pull out these campaigns mentioned above, that are important for progression, and readjust the quest given once a player reaches level 60 and 70.

Description and Goal: The goal is to clearly define the road of progression for new players of neverwinter.
    - Once a player has completed both of these campaigns on one toon, then buyout is available for additional toons.

Area of Impact:
    - New players should not have an option to buy out these campaigns.
    - Veteran players should be grandfathered in as they have already completed these campaigns several times.
    - Recruiters can easily assist new players as the number of campaigns neccessary to reach end game is dramatically decreased.

#1b) Remove all boon points from Non-Progressive Campaigns and redistribute them evenly as rewards throughout the Progression Campaigns.
    - Considering this suggestion will allow for the removal of campaigns for newer campaigns without players losing earned boon points.
    Description and Goal: The goal is to streamline how and where boon points are earned.

Area of Impact:
    - All players will be impacted, however the value of Non-Progressive Campaigns will change.
    - No longer would Tyranny of Dragons or Acquisitions Incorporated need to be such a low level or recommended at such a low level.

#1c) Raise the Non-Progressive Campaigns and their associated dungeons to the max level cap (I only suggest this change if boons are redistributed to progressive campaigns)
    - Considering this suggestion will streamline current epic dungeons with end gamers and remove the need to scale players based on new player item levels in those zones and dungeons.
    - In order to do any Non-Progressive Campaign, players will have to be max level 80 with a recommended item level of 20,000.
    - It will totally be optional as the boons are suggested to be redistributed.

Description and Goal: The goal is to streamline campaigns as end game activities or options for max level players.

Area of Impact:
    - All players will be impacted, however the challenge will be adding value back to Non-Progressive Campaigns.

Mitigation:
    - Host NEW ""Astral Diamond Events"" that require players to adventure into those zones and complete daily or weekly objectives as well as killing enemies in heroic encounters.
    - Use Sybella Artis shop to offer exclusive or limited time items for completing "Legacy Campaign quests" (Non-Progressive Campaigns)
    * Mount of Month, New Appearance of the Month, Weapon Transmute Pack of the Month, etc.
    - Allow ALL quests in legacy campaigns to count towards completing Sybella Artis's weekly quests.
    - Doing Non-Progression Campaigns zones should reward players with NEW exclusive items, transmutes, and mounts.
    - Doing Non-Progression Campaigns dungeons should reward players with revamped artifacts, revamped neck/waist gear sets, and exclusive consumables.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Make inventory scrolling easier/faster on console.

Area of Impact: UI and options/settings menu

When trying to attach items to a mail or donate to the guild coffer, the scrolling often becomes a nightmare, especially if your professions materials bag is pretty full. This problem is most noticeable when interacting with the mimic coffer but also when attaching items to mails or during a trade with another player. Selecting one item at a time is painful.

I would like the scrolling up/down to be fast and smooth, and also add these options:
    -Toggle for skipping lines (3/5/10) so a click on dpad moves several rows at a time
    -multi select: let me click in the left stick, for example, to activate this mode and then select multiple items for donation/attachment

Possible risks: bugs, lost/discarded items
    Post edited by spelldazer on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Thanks for all the posts so far - as a heads up, tomorrow I will be promoting the CDP on social media and, depending on how much more traffic the thread gets, either close down the thread temporarily while we move to Phase 2 (lower traffic) or keep it open a bit longer for Phase 1 (higher traffic).
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    Hi All,

I have just started catching up on this CDP. Sorry for my delay in engagement.

Chris
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Idea #9: Standardize daily resets.

Most "daily" stuff in the game resets at the same time, at 10:00 UTC. There is a handful of exceptions, though. There is no good reason for those, and I propose changing them to reset at the same time as everything else, in order to reduce confusion.

The mini-lairs in the Dread Ring are the best-known examples of this issue - they seem to "reset" (as far as the special daily rewards are concerned) 8 or 9 hours later than the rest - maybe someone set them to 10AM PST instead ?

Benefit: Less confusion.

Risks: None that I can see.
    Dread Ring is a known issue. They broke the clock several mods back.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm not sure this qualify as QoL suggestion, but anyway:

Issue: Dragonborns' passives are more powerful than the passives of other races.

Solution 1: Let us choose the passives of a race of the account while having the skin of another race (EG: I have the look of a Half-orc but the stats of a Dragonborn)
    Downside: It might be complicated from a programming point of view.

Solution 2: When you unlock the Dragonborn, part of its passives are added to all the race of your account so you can choose the one you like the most
    Downside: The combination of the Dragonborn's passives with other racial passives might be unbalanced.

Area of Impact: In hard contents like ToMM and Zariel not being a dragonborn is hindering, so not having to choose between looks and performance would be nice (especially for those who enjoy roleplaying too)

Risks & Concerns: People might feel forced to buy a dragonborn to feel competitive in endgame (although the normal dragonborn is not that expensive, and people already feel that the dragonborn is a must have for endgame).
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Most "daily" stuff in the game resets at the same time, at 10:00 UTC. There is a handful of exceptions, though. There is no good reason for those, and I propose changing them to reset at the same time as everything else, in order to reduce confusion.

The mini-lairs in the Dread Ring are the best-known examples of this issue - they seem to "reset" (as far as the special daily rewards are concerned) 8 or 9 hours later than the rest - maybe someone set them to 10AM PST instead ?

This idea would have huge negative impacts on all players. As of now all events start and end at the same time as Dread Ring Liars reset, making it easy for players to know when they reset. By changing the time, all players would have less time to grind those Dread Ring Liars during 2x RP events. This would make those Rank 5 stone more expensive and thus be a negative for everyone.
    Keeping things the way they are does not create confusion, constantly changing things makes things confusing. 99% of players are used to the fact that the Dread Ring Liars reset when events reset, a change would confuse them. Changing something because less than 1% of players get confused will ultimately lead to the vast majority of players becoming confused.
    Currently there are multiple sources available in-game which relay the information of what Lair is actively giving out a chance at Rank 5 stones. On the screen in the upper right hand corner the game tells you what Liar is active, in the campaign menu under Dread Ring it also tells you what Liar is active. Also when you go to Sgt. Knox he has a timer that let's you know when you can pick up the quest again. Those 3 sources of information inform all players who want to know the information, but 1% of players want someone else to hold their hand and tell them everything instead of taking the time to look where the information is, even if it's right in front of their face on the very screen they are looking at. Those same players will still be confused and spam chat asking when does this or that happen, and how to do this or that, which has already been explained to them but they clicked past all the information as fast as they could and instead ask the players who take the time to listen and read.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

#1a) Separate the Progression Campaigns from all other campaigns, make them mandatory, and provide clear guidance through Sergeant Knox.
    - According to their in-game descriptions, the following campaigns:
    - Elemental Evil is used for levels (60 - 70), Undermountain is used for levels (70 - 80)

These campaigns provides players with enough experience gain for reaching the levels mentioned above.
    The amount of quests given at level 60 and 70 is overwhelming as stated in previous suggestions.
    This is just a suggestion to pull out these campaigns mentioned above, that are important for progression, and readjust the quest given once a player reaches level 60 and 70.

Description and Goal: The goal is to clearly define the road of progression for new players of neverwinter.
    - Once a player has completed both of these campaigns on one toon, then buyout is available for additional toons.

Area of Impact:
    - New players should not have an option to buy out these campaigns.
    - Veteran players should be grandfathered in as they have already completed these campaigns several times.
    - Recruiters can easily assist new players as the number of campaigns neccessary to reach end game is dramatically decreased.

#1b) Remove all boon points from Non-Progressive Campaigns and redistribute them evenly as rewards throughout the Progression Campaigns.
    - Considering this suggestion will allow for the removal of campaigns for newer campaigns without players losing earned boon points.
    Description and Goal: The goal is to streamline how and where boon points are earned.

Area of Impact:
    - All players will be impacted, however the value of Non-Progressive Campaigns will change.
    - No longer would Tyranny of Dragons or Acquisitions Incorporated need to be such a low level or recommended at such a low level.

#1c) Raise the Non-Progressive Campaigns and their associated dungeons to the max level cap (I only suggest this change if boons are redistributed to progressive campaigns)
    - Considering this suggestion will streamline current epic dungeons with end gamers and remove the need to scale players based on new player item levels in those zones and dungeons.
    - In order to do any Non-Progressive Campaign, players will have to be max level 80 with a recommended item level of 20,000.
    - It will totally be optional as the boons are suggested to be redistributed.

Description and Goal: The goal is to streamline campaigns as end game activities or options for max level players.

Area of Impact:
    - All players will be impacted, however the challenge will be adding value back to Non-Progressive Campaigns.

Mitigation:
    - Host NEW ""Astral Diamond Events"" that require players to adventure into those zones and complete daily or weekly objectives as well as killing enemies in heroic encounters.
    - Use Sybella Artis shop to offer exclusive or limited time items for completing "Legacy Campaign quests" (Non-Progressive Campaigns)
    * Mount of Month, New Appearance of the Month, Weapon Transmute Pack of the Month, etc.
    - Allow ALL quests in legacy campaigns to count towards completing Sybella Artis's weekly quests.
    - Doing Non-Progression Campaigns zones should reward players with NEW exclusive items, transmutes, and mounts.
    - Doing Non-Progression Campaigns dungeons should reward players with revamped artifacts, revamped neck/waist gear sets, and exclusive consumables.
    i like this idea except I think the evil campaign should just be off to the side and the core, sharandar, icewind dale dread ring and tyranny of dragons should be the core campaign for 40-70. I think ttyranny should be streamlined and the boons kept in place. elemental evil is a terrible experience. not fun compared to the 4 I mentioned. right now a lot of new people seem lost. there needs to be a clear structure for them to follow. especially getting to undermountain. the new 80's even have a very hard time finding undermountain and an even harder time making it thru undermountain. the celeste quest forget the name of it needs to be nerfed. one guy who joined my guild just gave up there and quit undermountain. I've been trying to get him to finish that quest with my help but he seems scarred by it.

adinosii said:

This idea would have huge negative impacts on all players. As of now all events start and end at the same time as Dread Ring Liars reset, making it easy for players to know when they reset. By changing the time, all players would have less time to grind those Dread Ring Liars during 2x RP events. This would make those Rank 5 stone more expensive and thus be a negative for everyone.
    Keeping things the way they are does not create confusion, constantly changing things makes things confusing. 99% of players are used to the fact that the Dread Ring Liars reset when events reset, a change would confuse them. Changing something because less than 1% of players get confused will ultimately lead to the vast majority of players becoming confused.
    Currently there are multiple sources available in-game which relay the information of what Lair is actively giving out a chance at Rank 5 stones. On the screen in the upper right hand corner the game tells you what Liar is active, in the campaign menu under Dread Ring it also tells you what Liar is active. Also when you go to Sgt. Knox he has a timer that let's you know when you can pick up the quest again. Those 3 sources of information inform all players who want to know the information, but 1% of players want someone else to hold their hand and tell them everything instead of taking the time to look where the information is, even if it's right in front of their face on the very screen they are looking at. Those same players will still be confused and spam chat asking when does this or that happen, and how to do this or that, which has already been explained to them but they clicked past all the information as fast as they could and instead ask the players who take the time to listen and read.

the expensiveness of that stone has nothing to do with grinding this lair. and I agree everything should have the same reset.

I'm not sure this qualify as QoL suggestion, but anyway:

Issue: Dragonborns' passives are more powerful than the passives of other races.

Solution 1: Let us choose the passives of a race of the account while having the skin of another race (EG: I have the look of a Half-orc but the stats of a Dragonborn)
    Downside: It might be complicated from a programming point of view.

Solution 2: When you unlock the Dragonborn, part of its passives are added to all the race of your account so you can choose the one you like the most
    Downside: The combination of the Dragonborn's passives with other racial passives might be unbalanced.

Area of Impact: In hard contents like ToMM and Zariel not being a dragonborn is hindering, so not having to choose between looks and performance would be nice (especially for those who enjoy roleplaying too)

Risks & Concerns: People might feel forced to buy a dragonborn to feel competitive in endgame (although the normal dragonborn is not that expensive, and people already feel that the dragonborn is a must have for endgame).

the solution to this is you choose which passives you take and you choose which looks you take. you don't get both passives
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Description and Goal:
    When resetting a character, the reset button will first offer you to use a global character reset, and then a per-area character reset. (Feats, ability scores, boons)

This is very annoying, as in most cases you only want to do reset of one specific area. Having to use the full character reset when you only want to do minor changes to one area is a lot of extra and annoying work.

My suggestion is:
    All character resets should be a per-area reset. If Cryptic want to offer a full character reset, just give out one free reset in each area.

And while you are at it, display in the button tooltip how many resets you have available.

Area of Impact: Ease of use
    Risks & Concerns: Limited, extension of existing character reset mechanism.
  • jjmm4jjmm4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Description and Goal: Reduce number of currencies needed to upgrade Stronghold structures and/or increase the coffer gains for all coffer donations.
    Area of Impact: Stronghold Upgrades
    Risks & Concerns: None.

Current | Proposed
    100 Dragon Hoard coins = 500 Coffer Gain | 100 Dragon Hoard coins = 3000 Coffer Gain
    100 Konig Coins = 1500 Coffer Gain | 100 Konig Coins = 3000 Coffer Gain
    100 Feywild Sparks = 1000 Coffer Gain | 100 Feywild Sparks = 3000 Coffer Gain
    100 Thayan Scrolls = 2500 Coffer Gain | 100 Thayan Scrolls = 3000 Coffer Gain

10 Adventurer’s Shards of Power = 10 Coffer Gain | 10 Adventurer’s Shards of Power = 1000 Coffer Gain
    10 Dungeoneer’s Shards of Power = 10 Coffer Gain | 10 Dungeoneer’s Shards of Power = 1000 Coffer Gain
    10 Heroic Shards of Power = 10 Coffer Gain | 10 Heroic Shards of Power = 1000 Coffer Gain
This discussion has been closed.