test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tanks and the Mog/Garyx rings farming

finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
As far as I know the rings drops for players who deals the killing blow (if played solo).

Thing is that it has become extremely difficult for tanks to get a shot on the wanted rings (in my case the tank related ones) since DPS players are zerging from map to map on the look for an easy kill (most of the times when they see a tank trying to get the drop), regardles if the rest of available maps are low populated (30+ under 5 players per map this morning).
I find this extremely disrespectfull behave, since tanks are by far NOT the greatest DPS players..

Therefore I would suggest the Devs to look into this matter and change the killing blow into participation in fight itself regardless the amount of damage is being inflicted...
This will prevent those (so called DPS zergers) going from map to map, waiting till Mog/Garyx is low on HP before they actually participating in fight to get the final kill..

My 2 cents.
Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Not killing blow but most damage dealt and it counts for party as a whole, I tested it with friends. We got party of 3, dropped our power to around 160k (all dps classes at first). We camped on Mog with two other players, they were not in a party and both of them had over 180k power, one above 190k iirc. Our party got the ring.
    Second time, we were 2 dps and one tank (pally), tank 130k power, we dps boosted our power to usual ~190k. This time our party was against 4 or 5 players (they were not in a party) each nearly 200k power. Again, our party got the ring.
    Third time, party of 2 dps, one 185k power the other 140k power, competing against one player with whooping 215k power. Again, our party got the ring.
    In not even one example we got killing blow.
    You can party up with someone and then set loot mode to "party leader decides" so you can discuss who takes the ring.

In my case (due time schedule) am I forced to solo a lot of times (regardles if youre right or wrong, it doesnt matter) but it shows lack of respect imho for a tank (who already fighting it, with his poor DPS) to grab the ring away from him, especialy when there were 30+ very low populated maps available.. Its all BS from those zerg kids and hope not youre one of them.

• kopisusu36b#1324 kopisusu36b Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    if Devs make ring drop by highest damage, then all tank role should have their damage reduction removed. This is a campaign not dungeon or trial, no paingiver rank in campaign zone. @nitocris83
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

if Devs make ring drop by highest damage, then all tank role should have their damage reduction removed. This is a campaign not dungeon or trial, no paingiver rank in campaign zone. @nitocris83

Youre right about it, imagine how hard these DPS zergers are going to scream that the world is going to end when Dev's are turned this BS around to the opposite.
    I'm talking about the amount of absorbed damage tanks are facing on daily base ;)