test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus treasure maps drop rate

Comments

• nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    > @jhpnw said:
    > 16 hrs 1st 2 days no drop other than quest map over 68 hrs so far 16 maps im done til next week starts may log in for key and that is it

players with new set weapons are cheating the quest exploit and they get the weapons and they are happy cheating developers dont care for this cheating players
    and normal players like me farming for days alot hours every for only a few maps maybe 1-2
  • aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    abwabwaba said:

Hello!
    Just came to share my experience here - not that anyone would care. Since mod 19 droped I managed to farm out 286 maps. Just finished to dig out all the chests. Guess what! Found only main hand after opening up 220-230 chests, didnt even expect after that to get off-hand too. I did'nt get it. I'm stressed out, investing that much time for no gain is too much. An extra currency from each chest which would allow you to buy the 1150 IL weapon from the store (once u gathered 50, 75, or 100) would be still more acceptable. That RNG based RNG isn't. Whats the guarantee if I gather nearly 300 again I'll get the missing off-hand and not the main hand again? Nothing... I'll sit back for now, reduced gameplay to invokes and w8 what Masterwork brings out...
    Better luck for all of you!

Yeah, one guy in my guild is probably at 150-200 by now but still no OH. He has gotten the MH a few times now.

> @jhpnw said:

> 16 hrs 1st 2 days no drop other than quest map over 68 hrs so far 16 maps im done til next week starts may log in for key and that is it

players with new set weapons are cheating the quest exploit and they get the weapons and they are happy cheating developers dont care for this cheating players

and normal players like me farming for days alot hours every for only a few maps maybe 1-2

I did not cheat. I have not heard of any exploit. It was a grind for days and then I got a little lucky.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

> @jhpnw said:

how they cheat the quest ???
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I dont think any are cheating just way they have game rigged some get leg mounts out of lock boxes some dont. Just i found some have great rng from start of game and seem it stays with them for years and others never any luck. Out of 1000s of key never any thing even significant and same luck in game farmed mes and wes and fes never get stars chest piece or bracers i wanted i just have horrible luck so i make decision just not worth grind others can have this game for that reason. from BIS for years to just hang with friends on Discord.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

I dont think any are cheating just way they have game rigged some get leg mounts out of lock boxes some dont. Just i found some have great rng from start of game and seem it stays with them for years and others never any luck. Out of 1000s of key never any thing even significant and same luck in game farmed mes and wes and fes never get stars chest piece or bracers i wanted i just have horrible luck so i make decision just not worth grind others can have this game for that reason. from BIS for years to just hang with friends on Discord.

for some reason every game i have ever played my rng luck has been non existant
    however on the games i have stuck with there has always been a way to pay for the main items you need through the 20 run system ( every run you get 1 of said currency when you have 10 or 20 currency you can buy 1 item that drops)
    in those systems there is no problem if player a has good rng luck and gets their items in the first run and player b coudnt pull an item if their life depended on it because player b always knew that eventually they would get big shiney
    on the neverwinter principle player a gets their goodies but they are so fed up they dont run again player b well player b is snookered can never get said shiney

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    After some time i tried my luck today again. No changes after two patches. 400 killed mobs, not even one treasure map. What am i supposed to do now ? "Grind" dented rod and treasure maps 24/7 ? Rng after rng after rng. Tons of rng layers. Unfinished, bugged moduls and rng everywhere. You should consider of not releasing new modules in this state. I (we) have life, job, family, friends... This is not a job. Even more, lately, I feel more frustrated in this game than on my job. Maybe it's time to quit...
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    This is just getting stupid... i know this mod is all about hell but this is more of a divine joke. 5 hours killing all I see and 2 maps???

I would like to challenge a DEV to enter the game and just farm maps till he get the set... and see when will he get it.? Lets see u work 8 hrs a day... u can just use 8 hrs of add killing and see when will u get the set. then tell us how much fun have u had... playing this. and to make it more fun playing Paladin since u cant be DPS in any path.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    One would understand it as a marketing strategy if there was an alternative weapon set in the Zen market... but hey, as far as I am aware that is not the case.
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2020

you may not of cheated but most (the vast majority) used an exploit with the tutorial map quest (basically take quest get map use map drop quest retake quest get new map REPEAT) many many ppl used this to get alot of maps and weapon pieces therefore cheated no other way to say it they CHEATED and still they will receive no punishment for this...... so i dont see why ppl are crying about bots/ add-ons ect ect because if there is no punishment for one cheat then should be none for any exploit or cheat. either punish all cheaters or punish none that way its fair to everyone.
  • aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User

you may not of cheated but most (the vast majority) used an exploit with the tutorial map quest (basically take quest get map use map drop quest retake quest get new map REPEAT) many many ppl used this to get alot of maps and weapon pieces therefore cheated no other way to say it they CHEATED and still they will receive no punishment for this...... so i dont see why ppl are crying about bots/ add-ons ect ect because if there is no punishment for one cheat then should be none for any exploit or cheat. either punish all cheaters or punish none that way its fair to everyone.

Wow, really? Well, that's a shame if doing that was possible. It was very satisfying when I finally got the MH after all that grinding. Quite a feeling to see it finally show up. Very rewarding.
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well getting bored just mob killing, got a total of 10 maps in 4 days, found treasure boxes, used maps, got nothing worth the effort. I don't believe I will even bother with any of my other toons. Guess its time to log out till the week resets.
    But that means playing another game and not this one, and devs, you know what that means? Players move on, your revenue drops, bye bye game and your jobs. Well Done devs, well done.
  • meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The grind for treasure maps feels more like a job than a game. The grind is just not fun. A 1% map drop with a 1% drop for one piece of the weapon set gives a 0.01% chance of getting one piece of the weapon set at all. What is fun or rewarding about that?
  • leonatus#6568 leonatus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    aron#5106 said:

abwabwaba said:

Hello!
    Just came to share my experience here - not that anyone would care. Since mod 19 droped I managed to farm out 286 maps. Just finished to dig out all the chests. Guess what! Found only main hand after opening up 220-230 chests, didnt even expect after that to get off-hand too. I did'nt get it. I'm stressed out, investing that much time for no gain is too much. An extra currency from each chest which would allow you to buy the 1150 IL weapon from the store (once u gathered 50, 75, or 100) would be still more acceptable. That RNG based RNG isn't. Whats the guarantee if I gather nearly 300 again I'll get the missing off-hand and not the main hand again? Nothing... I'll sit back for now, reduced gameplay to invokes and w8 what Masterwork brings out...
    Better luck for all of you!

Yeah, one guy in my guild is probably at 150-200 by now but still no OH. He has gotten the MH a few times now.

> @jhpnw said:

I did not cheat. I have not heard of any exploit. It was a grind for days and then I got a little lucky.
    Yeah i know how many hours you put in the grind .... fair play pt
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

> @jhpnw said:

how they cheat the quest ???
    It is fixed, check the last patch notes.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Well getting bored just mob killing, got a total of 10 maps in 4 days, found treasure boxes, used maps, got nothing worth the effort. I don't believe I will even bother with any of my other toons. Guess its time to log out till the week resets.
    But that means playing another game and not this one, and devs, you know what that means? Players move on, your revenue drops, bye bye game and your jobs. Well Done devs, well done.

tbh i dont even feel like logging in now bored to tears with the "kill 1100000 trash mobs to maybe only maybe mind get a new weapon" wish i hadnt done 4 months vip
    updated ddo yesterday logged on straight away reconected with old friends/ guildies/people i know 5 mins after logging in started running through new dungeons

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Well, 24 days until the release of the "Astral Lockbox", i'd suggest to place those weapons in there too... if some of us can't get them through some crazy RNG nonsense, then at the very least let us unlucky ones just "buy" those bloody things with AD instead.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I can't seem to get the treasure maps to drop. I can't seem to get the weapons to drop from the treasure chests either. Are there certain mobs that have a higher drop rate than other mobs??
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Currently, I've open 140 maps on my OP, but NONE weapons!!
    Have they forgotten to implement these weapons in the loot table for OPs?
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    How'd you get 140??? I think I may have gotten 10 or 12 total...
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

How'd you get 140??? I think I may have gotten 10 or 12 total...

Simply by farming during many hours and many days.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Got the set on my HR after 84 maps. Got the off-hand twice and then the mainhand.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    6-8 hours tonight in Avernus. All weeklies done, haul capped.

1 map...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • evilingeevilinge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    in game chat some people telling they opened over 400 maps, i dont know if its true, but i always ask myself how the hell ???
    i dont know how much hours i have invested, but i have campaign done and first boone from it, and all i got during that time was 3 Maps
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I have spend at least over 60 hours( for maps only) to get little more than 65 maps, got one main hand and lots of other useless armors and other stuffs. I don't know how the hell other players could get so much more maps, grinding day and night the whole week long ?
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User

I have spend at least over 60 hours( for maps only) to get little more than 65 maps, got one main hand and lots of other useless armors and other stuffs. I don't know how the hell other players could get so much more maps, grinding day and night the whole week long ?

since day 1 i have farmed maps every single day between 4-8 hours in total i had about 160 maps i used them all and got 2 OH weaps no MH so that means unless they fix drop rate it could be another 2-3 weeks hard farming to get MH and with summer festival starting tomorrow and the fact i still need to farm bel a ton on 2 toons (not even starting others until first 3 done) makes it more like 5-6 weeks to get MH weap and honestly idk if i have it in me to waist that much time tbh.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I don't think the problem its rng over rng over rng over a little touch of rng. In my opinion, the problem is the "you kill it, you keep it".
    Plenty of times i was fighting a pack of mobs and some random HAMSTER came and kill them all, stealing your chances for maps.
    Also, i feel this apply for a party, went full support and didn't get a map but my party yes. If im wrong with this one then its just my bad luck.
    Feel like everyone should have the same chances to get the drop or if you are soloing and started the fight only you have the chance for the drop. Not dmg based cuz you might start the fight then some dps HAMSTER show up and kill them all with one or two powers.

I just want to get this damn weapons so i can finish this mindless grind and start/continue other mindless grind.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well The Mad Cartographer could give us three-four maps daily for free. Like expeditions. It'll be nice even for casual players.
    I don't hunt maps anymore. 8h sleep, 8h work... Well... I don't have time for this "sport".
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    439 maps...no drops
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    and yes, people were 'cheating' - the mad cartographer who gives you your first map free, you could drop the mission and retake it for another map , again and again and again....thats what the 'emergency patch' was about at 1-3am bst last week...'fixing a quest that could be dropped'
    though nothing was said about this at the time or subsequently....all hushed up as usual and no action taken against people.