test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Merchant

antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
Anyone know what type of things the merchant is selling now? Is any of it still useful?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Haven't heard that it was updated.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    So gems better in the coffer than renting a merchant?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Merchant sells IL950 items which are mostly just upgrades of the original items from 2017 when she was introduced. Probably more useful for transmutes than actual gear.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Merchant sells IL950 items which are mostly just upgrades of the original items from 2017 when she was introduced. Probably more useful for transmutes than actual gear.

Wrong. Most of the equipment sold by the mysterious merchant was developed for pvp. Perhaps they are only out of use because of their item level in consideration of those released in the latest patches.

I could also mention the Executioner's Black Attire armor which is viable for PVE, since it deals damage steadily without having to activate, in addition to giving more status than ebonized.

Here is the link with the equipment sold by the merchant : https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mysterious_Merchant
    The equipment information is out of date, but it is possible to see the bonuses.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Executioners Garbs is an upgrade of the original Executioner's Black Attire, one of the 2017 items I mentioned. The set bonus is exactly the same and there was no mention of it having been developed for PVP when it was introduced. Some people use this for PVP but that doesn't make it useful insofar as this is the PVE Discussion section.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • winterterror#4823 winterterror Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Old out of date items
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Thanks for the advice, I will save the guild some resources.