test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icewind Dale BHE - You broke it again?

therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
After a fix in the past, Prospectors used to count against Sybella's weekly quest. Now after M19 launch, it doesn't anymore.

Edit - More info after doing HEs with some twinks:
It seems as if NONE of the epic HE in the Icewind Pass counts reliably against Sybellas weekly. I had Raiders count for one char, for the other it did not count. Same with Remohaz. The only epic HEs that are reliable in this sense seem to be Prospectors and Mother Lode - they do reliably NOT count against Sybella!

Also, it seems that the change that was supposed to pop more epics per hour is gone again. People seem to wait endlessly again for an epic HE to pop.

@nitocris83 Please escalate this issue.
Post edited by therealprotex on

Comments

• tanyaaaatanyaaaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Prospectors,Riders and Remo counted as BHE, now prosp. and riders count as small HE. So is Remo only BHE again?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Remorhaz, Raid the Raiders and Prospector Attack are the Epics (10+ Players) At least as of the previous time the IWD Heroics quest ran, they were all working. Additionally, the Black Ice Prospectors Medium (5+) was counting. I did the quest last night on one character but Remo spawned. Someone said something in chat last night but gave no additional info.

It is my intention to check the other HEs again as I run through my characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Both BHE's (Prospectors and Remorahaz) in Icewind Pass worked just fine for me yesterday, granting epic completion for legacy for the two characters I ran through. Riders has never counted. There are two smaller versions of prospectors and remo that don't count toward epic, please make sure you are doing the ones that say 10+ people.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    The counting of HE in Icewind Pass is completely broken. For example for me The Motherlode! did not count as any encounter at all... not small, neither big, just did not count.

Both BHE's (Prospectors and Remorahaz) in Icewind Pass worked just fine for me yesterday, granting epic completion for legacy for the two characters I ran through. Riders has never counted. There are two smaller versions of prospectors and remo that don't count toward epic, please make sure you are doing the ones that say 10+ people.

I have tested all of these in the past.

Before this latest time, both of the Prospector HEs counted, (the major one counted incorrectly) and so did Raid the Raiders. Raiders sometimes bugs and is unable to completed. Prospector Attack, the BHE rarely bugs as well.
  • kyros#3364 kyros Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    After doing two other ones that worked before to complete this quest and it not counting people said remorhaz & black ice Beholder in chat.

Wife and I did the remorhaz major encounter on our mains
    completed and gave loot
    Did not count for quest
    other people complaining in chat

Did black ice Beholder in the other area and it counted for both of US

Now we are on our alts
    Did remorhaz
    completed and gave loot
    Counted for my wife
    Did not count for me again
    other people complaining in chat

did IT A 2ND TIME
    completed and gave loot
    Tons of people its getting killed before it supposed to die
    It as saying mine the back ice after he died, with sound effect and times (no black ice spawned)
    Did not count for me again
    Did remorhaz

3rd time I waited and did it start to finish and it completed

a lot of time wasted

Post edited by kyros#3364 on
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Yes, it appears to be back to Remorhaz only in the Pass. The other epics no longer count again.
    wb-cenders.gif
    I haven't had a chance to test Raiders but assuming it's broken, I'll go back to ignoring this weekly again.
    edited July 2020
    Remorhaz will only count I guess if you get to mine the black ice (some have said) or a certain amount of damage I ran to it as soon as it poped and while I got credit for the heroic, it didn't count yet again for sybella's quest.. Tried to mine the black ice but got this node is exhausted and Remorhaz poped and we killed it. What I had to do yesterday. I have to wait there for about a hour or so for it to pop. If I am not there it will complete but doesn't count for the quest. dies so fast with 20-30 people nuking it. never had an issue getting this done before this week

If you get credit for the major heroic it should count for the quest period

Post edited by kyros#3364 on
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

[...] There are two smaller versions of prospectors and remo that don't count toward epic, please make sure you are doing the ones that say 10+ people.

I am not playing this game since yesterday only, I know what HEs exists and which are supposed to be epic and which count as major only. So please spare me that smart-a$$ing.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I assume @bigman99#8273 is just in the dark. I doubt his intention was to troll the thread. One can visually tell an Epic by the icon design within the map. The icon will have a flourish design at the base. Icewind Pass has 3 Epics; The Remorhaz, Prospector Attack, and Raid the Raiders! All three was working as intended prior to the module 19 drop, I have 8 characters, they tend to do more than just stand around waiting on Remo. Unfortunately all 3 Epics in the valley are just variants of Black Ice Beholder (Chilltooth, Hammerstone, and Undead) depending on where in the valley the encounter occurs.

I also assume something got reverted in the database, while the developers were updating this for the new and improved system. This is what happens when you have too many irons in the fire. As @pitshade eluded above, I will not be busting my butt to do this one. I will keep it on my character, in the event the Remorhaz happens to be up as I am passing by to Biggrin's Tomb.

BTW you would think the developers would keep notes on something they fixed before, making it a quick fix the next time it happens.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I did Raid The Raiders last night and got credit for the Epic HE I needed for the Legacy quest. Just one data point.
    Ty for reporting that. I haven't had it spawn while I was there on this run of the quest.

Remo definitely counts but there are always people who didn't get credit for Sybella even though they got HE rewards.

Prospector Attack does not count.

Black Ice Prospectors (I struggle with keeping the names straight) is an MHE that previously incorrectly counted. I haven't had a chance to test this. I suspect that the current issue may be a botched attempt to correct the MHE counting as Epic.

Raid the Raiders has had an issue of bugging out with objectives never spawning.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @therealprotex I'll try to leave it off, but it is hard as that was my moms favorite name for me growing up: Smartass. And no I wasn't trying to troll, just to give my experience with it this week, and to make sure the proper HE's were done. Completely serious with no intent to insult. I have not had any issues with bhe's this week with my characters completing the quest, but others have. No insult, just different experiences at the time.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    @bigman99#8273 My apologies. I guess I got your intentions wrong (the scource of the written and not spoken word), but when I read your post it had a little patronizing sub text to it and quite frankly, there are not many things in the world that I hate more then being patronized. ;-) So sorry again for my disdainful reply.
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    "Hey I've got a great idea! Let's give every level capped player in the game the same quest on the same day. A quest that requires that they kill one specific creature (Remorhaz) and watch them compete to get enough damage to complete the quest!" -devs

Result- maxed instances in icewind dale full of people camping Remo spawn and most won't get credit because OP DPS slays it in seconds.

You literally can not run from the entrance to the spawn point before it is dead most of the time.

Strategy tip- wait till Thursday or Friday or even the following week to get this one done...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Remorhaz takes some damage and then dives underground. At which point people mine the black ice and kill the babies. Plenty of time to get to the shelf from the gate.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Ok, Raid the Raiders still counts. Neither Prospector Attack BHE or Captured Prospectors MHE count as anything thing now.
  • faelinnefaelinne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    This is definitely bugged. I was the first one in for my second Prospector's run and there was one other person with me. Did plenty of damage, killed creatures before others showed up and still no credit for Legacy campaign. Ran Remorhaz too and no credit for that one.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this thread. Thanks for the detailed info folks.
    Strangely enough, just did Prospector Attack on my 26k warlock and got credit for the Epic. Perhaps the damage threshold is set way to high now?

Escalating this thread. Thanks for the detailed info folks.

Still broken

The quest only completes if u deal enough amount of damage to Remorhaz
    which is hard to do when there are so many killing it

waited about hour for Remorhaz just to not get a completion, yet again
    Proof https://i.imgur.com/9MFO4EV.jpg

back to wasting hours to try and get this completed...