test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus treasure maps drop rate

hdoohdoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Is it normal the drop rate of these maps be so low?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I think a 1% drop rate from normal mobs is just fine....but a 2-3% chance from elite ones, and maybe a 10% chance from the toughest ones like the dock master would be appropriate. Now it seems to be around 1% everywhere.

A daily quest that rewards one map would be a good idea too.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Is anyone else not getting maps to drop on their healers?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I have had one map drop in the last two days as tank, about 1 hour each day in avernus. Good news is that map gave me my new mace.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    This is huge waste of time. After one hour got one treasure map with gems inside chest, scraps and blue trousers. Dps who kills mobs fast enough. This is even worse than insurgencies when they appeared. There is Juma. So, after all, there was always reward. After one hour, plenty of rewards. Here, just waste of time. People are waiting for two "bosses" and that's all about this modul right now. I'll wait for fix. In this state, this is unplayable and not fun at all.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    ! per hour is about what I get as well, if I stick to the Scab. May be easier for DPS, but each fight is 2 - 5 minutes for a OP Tank.

Is anyone else not getting maps to drop on their healers?

Why on earth would you want to play as a healer in Avernus ? Focus on being a DPSer and just kill things. Granted, if you are a Paladin, you might have a problem.

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Treasure maps drop rate lower than it should be and treasure chests also very low chance for weapons. You feel like you are wasting your time. Should be fix as soon as possible. It is unnecessary to spend time for a f.kg weapon for weeks. The same thing happened for alabaster.

me and a few others in alliance have noted that from saturday onward it seems there has been a stealth nerf to drop rate
    been playing in avernus nmon stop saturday sunday and monday evening doing all the side quests and have pulled 0 maps
    tbh done my weekly gonna go back to farming writings in vallenhas at least we got juma there to give me chickens

• aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I got my set today. 79 treasure maps. No change in map drop rate for me. The same 2-4 in a burst and then nothing for a while.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    drop rate seems to be very low again...nothing new...Cryptic never had a hand to adjust things correct...something is a bit to good boom they nerf it to the ground....good for those with early access the rest has to suffer....
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    don't get me started on droprates... I'm still waiting on some companion gear to drop from ME's
    aron#5106 said:

I got my set today. 79 treasure maps. No change in map drop rate for me. The same 2-4 in a burst and then nothing for a while.

79 maps???? How? I have managed to get a grand total of 4 maps...despite playing a lot ....maxed oout currency, unlocked the trial and everything...just not getting maps to drop.

• aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    adinosii said:

aron#5106 said:

79 maps???? How? I have managed to get a grand total of 4 maps...despite playing a lot ....maxed oout currency, unlocked the trial and everything...just not getting maps to drop.

Literally days of grinding. I really wanted the set.

don't get me started on droprates... I'm still waiting on some companion gear to drop from ME's

not the only one. i've given up waiting for burnt belt to drop and i'm just relying on torched belt ( because apparently including that in the freebie choice pack a while back, wasn't an option ). other gear pieces i'm not actively chasing that still haven't dropped, too. devs current obsession with everything being BtA or BtC is a pain in the damn HAMSTER.
    aron#5106 said:

lost count of how many maps i've opened. droprate highly variable. sometimes i can get 1drop every 10-15mins, for a couple hours, then i can go hours without a drop. averaging 10-15 maps/day, except 1 day when i managed a whole 1 map for the day. OH dropped after about 50maps, still hunting for MH. no dupes
    Sounds about right. Got two OH within my first 26 and then the MH at 79.

• xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    Same here... close to no maps.

Just want to point out something, % if they base the drop purely on it this happens, lets say 1% on kill, lets say we kill 900 and 0 maps, then the next 100 drop 10 maps still 1%, most of us do 500-600 kills get nothing and we just quit rage.

If they want a 1% chance I would recommend a built in internal counter, lets say, we enter the map counter is 0, each time u reach 100 kill next kill is a sure map drop. same 1% no insane amount of time without 1.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Taking in cosideration that you can get Iron Bars campaign currency from treasure maps I think the drop rate is ok.

Canian bars from maps have a separate weekly cap too.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    adinosii said:

aron#5106 said:

I got 52 so far, playing about 4h/day. Got the off-hand, still working on the MH.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    The Chult way might be nice for maps, as well.
    Carry on with drops from mobs for people who have time to farm, but give one at quest turn in (or some of them, at least) so people have a chance at them.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    from map farm nightmare to chest rng nightmare
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Hello!
    Just came to share my experience here - not that anyone would care. Since mod 19 droped I managed to farm out 286 maps. Just finished to dig out all the chests. Guess what! Found only main hand after opening up 220-230 chests, didnt even expect after that to get off-hand too. I did'nt get it. I'm stressed out, investing that much time for no gain is too much. An extra currency from each chest which would allow you to buy the 1150 IL weapon from the store (once u gathered 50, 75, or 100) would be still more acceptable. That RNG based RNG isn't. Whats the guarantee if I gather nearly 300 again I'll get the missing off-hand and not the main hand again? Nothing... I'll sit back for now, reduced gameplay to invokes and w8 what Masterwork brings out...
    Better luck for all of you!
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Not bothered doing any maps at all, from all the bad reports and devs doing nothing. Back to campaigns and legacy for me. Good luck 👍
    adinosii said:

aron#5106 said:

isnt that hard just stuck many lets say a weeks farm then find the chests:P but if u r unlunky dont need to get furious..just do 1-2h if u see no maps go do other things and come bk the next day
  • bigmek21000bigmek21000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    3 days farming 12h with brakes ... around 90 maps and ofc no wep or off hand. Double dipping rng is like a spit in face for all the hard work people put in.

adinosii said:

aron#5106 said:

isnt that hard just stuck many lets say a weeks farm then find the chests:P but if u r unlunky dont need to get furious..just do 1-2h if u see no maps go do other things and come bk the next day

you're saying it isn't that hard, other people are telling you that for some people it *is* that difficult to actually get maps to drop. being dismissive of that helps no one. " just don't really bother trying if you're not lucky " is not good advice, it's on par with " if you don't like it, leave ".
    and why is good to get angry if on 1-2h of killing mobs got nothing but stay there ?
    im not dismissive ...but when u r on lets say scab..and have all instances to max population go find a mob to kill to see how much maps u gonna get ....
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    16 hrs 1st 2 days no drop other than quest map over 68 hrs so far 16 maps im done til next week starts may log in for key and that is it