test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are you people doing with treasure maps?

2»

Comments

• fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    one other problem is the timeing do the farm..when have for example 20 instances with 20 ppl gl found any mobs to kill :pensive:
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Well, according to SOME people, playing the game as it is designed, for instance by peeking into dungeon chests to see if the rewards are worth spending a key on, is exploiting the game.

And that exploit was closed. Seriously, how do you know what is in a chest unless you unlock it and open it first?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cehank88#8133 cehank88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In a few days I will make a stream opening 100 treasure maps for all to see.
  • aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User

alot people exploit the treasure maps or cheating to get it because the drop rate is like 0.05% the drop rate is so low you can farm 5 hours and you get nothing welcome to farming simulator

I have not heard of any exploit. Took me days of farming to get the weapons.
  • stormkeep#9618 stormkeep Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I've heard about 20 different theories on ways to make the maps spawn more, everyone of them different....so my takeaway is that it's purely RNG and people are finding "patterns" cause that's how human brains function.

As for my own luck, it's streaky as heck....I'll get several right in a row, then go hours without any. I don't tend to farm in just one place, so I doubt it's "anti camping" logic like some of my guildies suggest. But whatever.

I got the main hand weapon on my Main and just still working to get the off hand, which imo is pretty good...Having one within a week of the mod launching is faster than I got Alabaster or Burnished from UM.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I use these weapons for SH coffer ;)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    finmakin said:

I use these weapons for SH coffer ;)

Alright. Good upgrade if you haven't capped for tomm yet tho. Way better than alabaster or burnished.

Going to try some tomm this weekend maybe. Finally gotten there after 5 months of pretty hardcore playing.
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    > @"aron#5106" said:
    > (Quote)
    > I have not heard of any exploit. Took me days of farming to get the weapons.
    you have full weapons set ? another cheater with the quest .........

> @aron#5106 said:

> (Quote)

> I have not heard of any exploit. Took me days of farming to get the weapons.

you have full weapons set ? another cheater with the quest .........

I do.

...but no cheating. Just plain old RNG. Got two OH within the first 26 and then the MH at 79.