test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Treasure Map drop chance is not enjoyable

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
For the first week the drop chance of Treasure Maps was so awful that many of us had the hope that it will be increased on today's patch (2020-07-09).

After the server came up and doing exactly 60 minutes of farming enemy pools, I only got 2 Treasure Maps, so this Treasure Maps hunting is anything but entertaining, it is more the opposite one, it is frustrating, tedious and discouraging.

It is disheartening to such point that it makes you feel like you are just wasting all that time because there is no sense of advancement, no sense of feeling that with every enemy pool you defeat you are nearer to the goal of getting the Legion weapons.

I do hope you can do a live fix so getting the weapons from maps feels more entertaining than watching public TV.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i dont mind the low chance rate of weapons dropping from maps that i can live with
    1 map from farming saturday to wednesday is beyond a joke
    tbh i relly thought cryptic couldnt make a bigger mess then they did with bel
    seems i was wrong
  • cehank88#8133 cehank88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have been dedicating hours and hours to maps since the event came out. The first four days I spent at least 6 hours a day collecting maps. The following days the desire was dissipating when I saw that I had another main weapon. The first day of the patch I got the main one, but I have been getting maps for a week (without exaggeration, they are already more than 200 that I open) and apart from the tedious difficulty that it has to get them, nothing good falls. I have already dropped ALL the rings of Undermountain (which are many).

I no longer dedicate more than two hours a day because I have a life to attend but honestly, I have spent hours and hours doing this so that the reward is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because the Undermountain rings do not serve anyone, they are from a module old and are put there to make it look like new content. I have already realized that it is easier to build a TOMM and try it than to get those maps or bribe players to take them to TOMM, getting the map is a waste of desire and time for the player. My tip is to get hold of the hellfire and focus on getting the lion.
  • boggo49boggo49 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I play a end level tank and I've had 4 maps drop (2 from the quest , which bugged out so I had to drop and re-select) with spending all my online time trying to farm them for the first week of the mod.Also had zero drops from Garyx and Mogdrath, not even an amethyst for refinement
  • celokascelokas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Today I spent 5 hours farming maps with a full group. end result.....3 maps. one person got 2. WTF?!?!
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    maybe u r on full shard? and max population affects the drop??
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Finished the campaign on tank. Had one map drop. Meh. Guess I'm done.
  • bige03bige03 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    If this is the best they have to offer us with a new mod, a double layer of RNG that sucks the soul right out of you. I cant wait to see whats next...keep up the good work devs you gonna have them overloading the servers with new players any day now.
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    let us buy maps at a vendor, put him in cage if you must but let us get some other way.
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    even if you get maps you need 20000 maps to get both legion weapon set me and my friends we alredy give up , there is no point the developers make fun of the community they dont care patch after patch after patch put the legion set on the zen alredy you show to us you care only abou the money...

even if you get maps you need 20000 maps to get both legion weapon set me and my friends we alredy give up , there is no point the developers make fun of the community they dont care patch after patch after patch put the legion set on the zen alredy you show to us you care only abou the money...

that 20000 is totally out of your belly....
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    celokas said:

Today I spent 5 hours farming maps with a full group. end result.....3 maps. one person got 2. WTF?!?!

You are assuming everyone on hatelist get the same chance of dropping a map.

That might not be true.

It could be last hit, most damage or just one random person in group that get the chance on a map. Curious minds want to know.

Depending on what the rule for dropping a map is, farming maps in a group might not be a good idea.
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

dont get mad when the drop rate for legion weapons are 0.001% now put out your wallet and give to the developers your precious money
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Going back to the title, it is safe to assume that hunting for these treasure maps is not enjoyable for most players. That being the case, just don't spend time looking for them. Weapons don't last, it is better to farm for things like insignia powder or finish all your campaigns if you have not yet, both are more fun and more enduring than hunting for a weapon that will be obsolete in a few mods again.

dont get mad when the drop rate for legion weapons are 0.001% now put out your wallet and give to the developers your precious money
    i dont need to give them anything i got them on like 100-250 maps ....
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm not going to bother farming for the legion set, will make do with the Hellfire set. Grinding for maps and then getting an aquamarine is not something I want to do.

there is enough other stuff to do anyway
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Hi @nitocris83 , thanks a lot for today's map changes, now it is really enjoyable doing them, we are getting more maps and the chance of getting mainhand/offhand is quite better.

Really appreciated =)