test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are you people doing with treasure maps?

aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been killing mobs like crazy for 2 days and I have gotten 44 maps. Gotten two off-hand weapons but still no main-hand.

It shouldn't be too easy but this is a bit much. Me and another guy have been trying to figure out how and where you get them but there doesn't seem to be much logic to it. Sometimes you get nothing at all for hours and other times you get one here and one there.

What has your experience been?

Comments

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Yesterday, i've been killing mobs for 4+ hours. Not even one treasure map.
  • deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    wow,i would be happy to receive a off-hand,killing mobs like crazy and barely any maps drop for me
  • aron#5106 aron Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Yesterday, i've been killing mobs for 4+ hours. Not even one treasure map.

I can relate. Does not seem to be any logic to it. Got some maps in the morning y-day, nothing during the day and then some more in the evening.
    deanski07 said:

wow,i would be happy to receive a off-hand,killing mobs like crazy and barely any maps drop for me

Tbh I haven't been doing much else. Heh. Lots of hours already.
    adinosii said:

Considering that the weapons in question are a good update for the majority of players, who are still using Alabaster or Burnished, and basically the second or third best weapons in the game I think it is just fine that people have to spend a few days farming them.

I see no need to change anything.

I'm not saying it should be too easy either. Guess it's something to do.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    you mean treasure maps acually drop?
    was getting to think they were an urban myth
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    i only got 2 maps so far.. how de hell you got 44??????
    adsfelipe said:

i only got 2 maps so far.. how de hell you got 44??????

48 now. Not sure if it helps but I do the repeatable quests you get while farming so it takes me all over the map.
  • boggo49boggo49 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Considering that the weapons in question are a good update for the majority of players, who are still using Alabaster or Burnished, and basically the second or third best weapons in the game I think it is just fine that people have to spend a few days farming them.

I got 1 map from the very first mob I killed on day one and none since, so I think it will take more than a few days to farm
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I've noticed that on my dps main getting treasure maps is really easy and consistent. a couple maps an hour on average.

On my healer who is quite geared and runs a xuna to help clear mobs while questing i've managed to get 1 map in 6 hours of farming. Maybe its RNG I dont know....

I'm not sure what a good average amount of time for farming new mod weapons is, and im not expecting to get a whole set the first week. But if im only getting 1 map every 6 hours of farming that seems a bit excessive in my opinion.

I've noticed that on my dps main getting treasure maps is really easy and consistent. a couple maps an hour on average.

On my healer who is quite geared and runs a xuna to help clear mobs while questing i've managed to get 1 map in 6 hours of farming. Maybe its RNG I dont know....

I'm not sure what a good average amount of time for farming new mod weapons is, and im not expecting to get a whole set the first week. But if im only getting 1 map every 6 hours of farming that seems a bit excessive in my opinion.

2-3 maps per hour seems fairly average but then you suddenly get nothing for an hour or two or even longer. I've only been doing it on one char so far.
    Got the set today. Took me 79 treasure maps if anybody is interested in statistics.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Try a few weeks or months .... I have time to farm like 4 hrs every day since the mod stared ... At best I got 4 maps/day on my OP and so far I haven't seen any weapon. As Paladin I do not kill mobs as fast as DPS so yes ... Cryptic again build in a problem that favors one class over another... GOOD JOB.... keep up and soon you will have no players to play this game
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    What Maps? 1 week, doing quests, encounters, kill mobs, ZERO maps. It´s a myth, maps don't drop in Avernus.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Try a few weeks or months ....

Yeah. You are right. I have changed my mind a bit. My suggestion now is actually to keep a low drop rate for the regular mobs, but increase it for the Elite mobs, and increase it signifuicantly for the rare, named ones, like the dockmaster.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    adinosii said:

Try a few weeks or months ....

Yeah. You are right. I have changed my mind a bit. My suggestion now is actually to keep a low drop rate for the regular mobs, but increase it for the Elite mobs, and increase it signifuicantly for the rare, named ones, like the dockmaster.
    i think the drop rates of maps should be increased across the board
    keep the absurdily low rng for the weapons but at least give player the incentive to keep running
    at the moment theres more incetive to keep running vallenhas due to being able to at least grab a chicken every few runs

• colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Either improve the drop rate or improve the contents. There's no joy in grinding mobs for an hour only to be rewarded with an aquamarine.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Yay I got my off hand today after about 60 maps.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    55 maps so far. Got the off-hand.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    alot people exploit the treasure maps or cheating to get it because the drop rate is like 0.05% the drop rate is so low you can farm 5 hours and you get nothing welcome to farming simulator
  • cehank88#8133 cehank88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I got the main weapon with 6 maps. The offhand carries more than 200 maps and still nothing.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

alot people exploit the treasure maps or cheating to get it because the drop rate is like 0.05% the drop rate is so low you can farm 5 hours and you get nothing welcome to farming simulator

how exploits the maps can u explain that to us?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    ---
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Well, if someone else is getting maps, and I am not, they are obviously exploiting the game somehow.

/sarcasm
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Well, if someone else is getting maps, and I am not, they are obviously exploiting the game somehow.

/sarcasm

Well, according to SOME people, playing the game as it is designed, for instance by peeking into dungeon chests to see if the rewards are worth spending a key on, is exploiting the game. By this logic, taking advantage of certain toons to have favorable RNG ratios, could also be seen as an exploit.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User

how exploits the maps can u explain that to us?
    To list that here will get your account banned, even if its trying to be helpful to the company and warn them about it. Plain and simple, if you find out what it is..don't do it. Not worth the ban in the long run.

• northwind1974northwind1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I may be unlucky, but it seems like since Thursday's patch the map drop rate is even lower now! Pre-patch, I would get 3 maps a hour (average) but since this patch, I've farmed for 4 hrs and not one single map. Perhaps when they took the LF placeholder out of the loot table, they removed the map as well?
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    What I noticed is that I got more map drops once close to the completion of campaign tasks :/