test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Purple Mount speed seems slower

hammerslam1hammerslam1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
I recently came back and started playing NW again after not playing for around 2 years. I have noticed that my purple mounts are being passed by other purple mounts that are the same mount or of another varity. I have several mounts that are purple and was wondering is there some character buff or item that is making the mounts faster than mine? Any legit answers would be appreciated by Cryptic, mods or players.
Thanks

Comments

• jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

I recently came back and started playing NW again after not playing for around 2 years. I have noticed that my purple mounts are being passed by other purple mounts that are the same mount or of another varity. I have several mounts that are purple and was wondering is there some character buff or item that is making the mounts faster than mine? Any legit answers would be appreciated by Cryptic, mods or players.
    Thanks

People could have legendary mount speed but use a purple mount since they like the look of it. Or They have the guild boon that increases their mount speed and you might not have that one selected or available to you. If you go to the boon page and on the left side it says "guild" or "Stronghold" ( sorry can't remember right now) and under the utility part one will say increase mount speed.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

OPTank_
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    They are most likely having legendary mount (for speed and not for skin) which was on sale for account wide not too long ago. In addition, the AH price of legendary mount dropped a lot too.

Guild mount speed boon is 3% to 20%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hammerslam1hammerslam1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies. You could be right on some of the things along with an insignia being better then green which can give the 10% speed boost. The only thing that is odd about what you provided is a guild friend just came back and his mounts which are purple as well are slower than mine but only with his Gith Character so that one is a bit puzzling. I will check out the Guild/Strong hold part. When did they allow a legendary mount to show a skin of a purple mount? Like I said been away from the game a while.

Thanks Again.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Thanks for the replies. You could be right on some of the things along with an insignia being better then green which can give the 10% speed boost. The only thing that is odd about what you provided is a guild friend just came back and his mounts which are purple as well are slower than mine but only with his Gith Character so that one is a bit puzzling. I will check out the Guild/Strong hold part. When did they allow a legendary mount to show a skin of a purple mount? Like I said been away from the game a while.

Thanks Again.

Mount has separate abilities.

You can use mount A for skin, mount B for Power (Legendary mount power), mount C for Equip power, mount D for movement speed. You would always choose the fastest speed.

You can use a white mount for skin and legendary mount for speed.

Type 'C' and click on the Mounts tab to check that out.

It has been like this for a long time now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Your friend can also select a slower mount speed for their character than what they have equipped. The speed of the mount is determined only by if you have the mount boon speed selected and speed selected from available mount speeds that character has available to them. You can run a legendary mount at the white mount speed in this game as well as use the legendary mount movement speed with maxed out mount boon when a white mount skin is selected. Also, when you get a new mount that is faster I don't believe it automatically sets you with the fast mount speed by default.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k