test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

outdated artifacts

I recently started playing again after m16 and i've noticed that the new artifacts give more stats and ilvl.
Is there a reason why all the older artifacts werent reworked ?
its a shame that there are 60+ old artifacts with a wider variety of stat combinations that are now less desirable if you look at stats given.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    imo the newest artifacts should be upgraded to modern standards and the oldest should just be retired. or they should update the stats on EVERYTHING to make it viable.

and if all else fails, at least stop them from dropping in modern content. there is a lot of litter in neverwinter. old gear should also stop dropping. (i'm perfectly fine with all old content being able to be purchased from the collections tab or whatever for completionists)but it shouldn't be a reward still. Especially if they aren't going to let it sell for gold or auto refine. it's like a booby prize in that it's worthless and it takes time to get rid of.

for outdated things like artifacts dropping in dungeons the other thing they could do if they wanted to think of the noobies is to change rarity to mythic on it. it's not going to make a lot of difference for end gamers but it would make it actually viable for newbs. and then if they wanted to update to modern they'd still have to do the upgrady stuff. but the old artifacts for the vast whole are a booby trap. not worth upgrading but the noobies don't know that.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    While I would like my artifact updated to IL 300, I understand the reason it isn't updated. So long as older content is arguably inferior, new content has a shot at being used. If everything is all same level you may as well be playing ESO, which imo killed the sense of progession MMORPGs are known for.
  • caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    joe7777 said:

While I would like my artifact updated to IL 300, I understand the reason it isn't updated. So long as older content is arguably inferior, new content has a shot at being used. If everything is all same level you may as well be playing ESO, which imo killed the sense of progession MMORPGs are known for.

bs! progression in the game is not based soley on artifacts. I agree with the OP these old artifacts should be upgraded or at the very least offer upgraded versions of class specific artifacts for clerics, paladins, barbarians,ect.

Post edited by caelia#3631 on
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

joe7777 said:

bs! progression in the game is not based soley on artifacts. I agree with the OP these old artifacts should be upgraded or at the very least offer upgraded versions of class specific artifacts for clerics, paladins, barbarians,ect.

And yet Demo set was BiS for several mods until they finally nerfed it, by way of example. Besides, regardless of how we feel about outdated Artifacts the devs have no plans to update them.
  • caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

joe7777 said:

And yet Demo set was BiS for several mods until they finally nerfed it, by way of example. Besides, regardless of how we feel about outdated Artifacts the devs have no plans to update them.
    yeah well... they should or like i said at least offer updated versions of character specific artifacts that you can obtain in game :)