test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No gnomes or druids?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
Why are there no gnomes and no druids to choose for character creation? We have dragonborn and gith but no gnomes? No I don't want a gnome druid. lol. I just don't see why they aren't options. When are they going to put out new classes?
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    They are not the option because they did not make one.
    No idea when they will give us a new class. I don't expect anything within two years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    They did recently give us Gith, but note that it was a Gith built over the same body shape as all other characters,

Making a new race is fairly cheap as long as it does not require significant graphics changes to gear etc.

A new class, on the other hand, can be a hugely expensive undertaking as you might have to do adjustments in a lot of the game systems. Most notably the combat system, that ever is struggling with class balance.

That is as close I can get to the why.. it is expensive and the devs feel the money is better spent elsewhere.
  • kaylethmaron#5959 kaylethmaron Member Posts: 1 New User
    So then what is comparable to Druid? I'm stuck between Cleric or Wizard which neither have the feel of the Druid class for me.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

So then what is comparable to Druid? I'm stuck between Cleric or Wizard which neither have the feel of the Druid class for me.

Then go Warlock and pretend your soul puppets are your animal companions lol
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

What does a druid feel like? Are they squishy? Or more firm?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    You can make a gnome in this game. It is not really a gnome but here is how it works. Pick the halfling of course. You will probably want to go with the ranger or wizard as the class. Remember when creating the character to make the body as small and thin as possible. Obscure the ears with hair. Halflings are described to resemble short humans, gnomes were more comparable with elves, with whom they shared pointed ears and high cheekbones. The skin of gnomes ran in hue from reddish tans to earthy browns or even shades of gray, with exact hue somewhat dependent upon the ethnic origin of a gnome. Also gnomes are shorter than halflings. So this is all about the face and size.

Finally you need to write it down in the History tab. You know that tab no one ever seems to fill out besides myself... Here would be my example of a gnome history tab;

What you see before you appears to be a halfling at first glance. In fact, it is a forest gnome. Grawin Tink is often mistaken for a halfling as he is abnormally tall for a gnome. He takes great pride in his heritage and proudly boasts that it was his father that brought the baby killer Stirge to justice. Offer Grawin a tankard of rum and he will talk all night to you about his adventures in the Swordcoast.

With a little imagination on the player's part nothing is impossible.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Well, if you ever read Corum, Goffanon was a dwarf.

A dwarf giant...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Kung Fu Panda
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Another possibility you can try is have just one parent be a gnome. All you need is the right backstory (by the way, redcaps are in fact gnomes).

screenshot-2020-06-16-22-56-39
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • francis#4350 francis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    THE DRUID

The druid is a religious leader linked to nature, or whatever thematically approaches the cleric, however, while the climax worships a deity, or the druid reveres nature. Although a druid may serve a god of nature or something natural, like the elements, his main concern is not to increase the influence of that entity, but to preserve or balance the natural.

To make the druid currently in the game, he would have to have two Paragon, and the druid could be a healer, Tank or DPS in D&D. So come on

First Paragon. Earth circle.
    This Paragon would be dedicated to the healer.
    Your spells here should be for healing and could have some damage like D&D. Let's take an example of spells: heal wounds, major healing, regeneration, tree skin, protection from poison, among other supporting spells.

At-Will: would be some damage and some healing.
    Encounters: Healing, support, damage
    Tactico: Dodge
    Mechanic: like the cleric, consumes the divinity by using powers
    This would be the closest to the druid in the game, your Diaries could be healing and even transform into a Tree to heal more.

Second Paragon: Circle of the Moon
    The Moon Circle develops the druid's ability to transform into beasts, allowing him to transform into more dangerous creatures and act on the front lines, either as an attacker or as a defender.

The druids of the Earth Circle fit the standard archetype of the druid, a sage and religious leader who maintains ancient knowledge, lives in rural communities and meets with other druids in secret places marked by stone circles

This paragon I believe would be the most difficult to put in the game. But we will try to use ideas and mechanics already known from other Classes

To try to get an idea of ​​how it would work in the game, what I thought. He would have normal Stamina and a transformation bar, similar to the warrior's Vengeance. When that bar has at most the druid becomes a animal, a bear or a leopard, and that same bar is full as it hits or takes attack. Feats can help if you were in the game. For this Paragon, he would have to create a mechanism to choose the type of animal he wants to transform, thus gaining his statistics.

Example:
    The Bear
    When transformed into a bear you would gain much more HP, all your actions would generate more threat, would cause less damage, your stamina could be used as a shield mechanic (Roaring you use the mechanic) as a tank would normally do.

The leopard.
    When transformed into a leopard you would do more damage, your stamina would be Sprint like the barbarian.

But that would not be all. To try to make it more like what we see in D&D, it would have to change all powers when transformed, being a whole new way of meeting, At-will and daily.

Example
    when not transformed: it would be a druid who would cast spells to summon animals to cause damage or knock down, trap the target and some buff, always focusing the animals on that paragon.

When transformed: it would be like the beast he chose to have its own attack, At-will, encounters and daily would be like bite attacks, guard attacks and other powers like, thicker skin, roar, quick attacks and etc.

As a fan of D&D and Neverwinter, I believe that the Druid really is a difficult class to put in the game because it is very complete. I would really like to see it in the game, I have always played druid and warrior in D&D.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Well, if you ever read Corum, Goffanon was a dwarf.

A dwarf giant...

Carrot!