test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Offer Legion Weapons in Campaign Store to Alleviate Anxiety from low RNG

quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
I would like to suggest offering the new Legion weapon set in the campaign store for m19. The current drop rate on maps is reminiscent of original lure drop rates in Chult, and the chance to get the weapons in the chest remind me of the rng to get Alabaster's set from m16. Both of these poor drop rates were adjusted because they led to a bad player experience. I think, psychologically speaking, this is because there is no "end" in sight, it can be depressing and lead to anxiety, the experience is just a never ending stream of badness.

As for the price for Legion weapons, I would suggest 10,000-20,000 scrap for each and some of the hammers and/or other mats from the 2 bosses (mog/garyx) for each the main and the off hand. I think this would be sufficient and it would take any normal player at least 2 weeks to obtain either, and by then the idea is that they would have got the other from a chest. I think a "dedicated" player could probably get enough currency in a week for one of the items.

The reason for offering them in the store is that players can set their goals according to their schedule and pace, they can see their progression and there is no longer a bottomless pit of rng. This way you can also leave the rng as it is, some people will get lucky and not have to buy anything, most will have to buy one piece, and some will have to buy both, but at least there is a path for everyone.

@nitocris83 can you maybe pass this idea along for consideration?

Thx for Reading.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Will pass this feedback on in my weekly report.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Will pass this feedback on in my weekly report.

va8Ru.gif
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    after finishing up my sw in undermoutain i really did not understand why Obaya Uday gave me the same arti weapon after two runs and why she never gave me the Alabaster Grimoire why im never able to get any new weapons for my toons for how her rewards are junk
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    The problem with purely low chance random drops is that _someone_ always will experience extremely long runs before the desired goodie drops. This is basic probability theory.

Game critical items should never we subject to that without any drop guarantee. Weapons *always* are game critical.

The way it is done in ToMM with currency drop next to actual weapons drop is fine, then you have a guarantee to get the goodie in the end.

Or alternatively, let the maps drop a high chance(50%) currency used to buy the weapons. Then you can be fairly sure to get the weapons in a reasonable time.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    or, make them unbound, that would also work.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

The problem with purely low chance random drops is that _someone_ always will experience extremely long runs before the desired goodie drops. This is basic probability theory.

I've said it elsewhere, if there is only a chance to get something then the possibility also exists of never getting it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I was about to make a thread about that. I have spent I think over 18 hours of continue farming to get 40 maps, opened them and I still didn t get my set. It is even worse the fact that I don t really need the weapon but I want it for collection completion and appearance library. I am all in for changing the drop rate in better or having the set in the market at a reasonable price or just the appearance version at a lower cost. Thank you!
  • omegaseus95omegaseus95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    What i hate the most , is the fact that Legion's weapon set power is based on how many people have it.Its rarity contradicts its power.It is pure agony to get it, and once u get it, to use it at its full potential u need to find other playersthat suffered with low odds to get the same weapon set.
  • jefinho380jefinho380 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @omegaseus95 said:
    > What i hate the most , is the fact that Legion's weapon set power is based on how many people have it.Its rarity contradicts its power.It is pure agony to get it, and once u get it, to use it at its full potential u need to find other playersthat suffered with low odds to get the same weapon set.

It's all about the IL and increased weapon damage. The bonus of all the new weapon sets are trash.
  • nemesis19881988nemesis19881988 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    people farming like crazy and exploit/cheating to take treasure maps and crying about drop rate for weapon set so funny
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User

people farming like crazy and exploit/cheating to take treasure maps and crying about drop rate for weapon set so funny

until it happens to you - repeatedly

What i hate the most , is the fact that Legion's weapon set power is based on how many people have it.Its rarity contradicts its power.It is pure agony to get it, and once u get it, to use it at its full potential u need to find other playersthat suffered with low odds to get the same weapon set.

In that is it the old Stronghold power that was on Masterwork weapons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

And so it should be obtainable. Just like tamed velociraptor, you don't have to use it all the time, like I can't imagine anyone having only one set of weapons (I myself have like 3 or 4), but when there is benefit, switch it. The problem is - it cannot be obtained in normal way. I'm thinking sacrificing virgins to Bel might help... if I ever decide to chase this weapon set :)

I only have one set of weapons on each character.
  • liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2020

I would like to suggest offering the new Legion weapon set in the campaign store for m19. The current drop rate on maps is reminiscent of original lure drop rates in Chult, and the chance to get the weapons in the chest remind me of the rng to get Alabaster's set from m16. Both of these poor drop rates were adjusted because they led to a bad player experience. I think, psychologically speaking, this is because there is no "end" in sight, it can be depressing and lead to anxiety, the experience is just a never ending stream of badness.

As for the price for Legion weapons, I would suggest 10,000-20,000 scrap for each and some of the hammers and/or other mats from the 2 bosses (mog/garyx) for each the main and the off hand. I think this would be sufficient and it would take any normal player at least 2 weeks to obtain either, and by then the idea is that they would have got the other from a chest. I think a "dedicated" player could probably get enough currency in a week for one of the items.

The reason for offering them in the store is that players can set their goals according to their schedule and pace, they can see their progression and there is no longer a bottomless pit of rng. This way you can also leave the rng as it is, some people will get lucky and not have to buy anything, most will have to buy one piece, and some will have to buy both, but at least there is a path for everyone.

@nitocris83 can you maybe pass this idea along for consideration?

Thx for Reading.

Sounds logical and rational, I concur.

If I may add as well, I have been reading in other places how "veteran" players do not like some of the changes, and how some things are now purchasable in the Zen store, even if just for brief periods.

These "veteran" players feel it is a betrayal that the developers have made Dragonborn accessible or level 80 buyable.

This what is necessary if you want relatively new players to reach endgame material in a "quick" fashion.

For some, even after spending hundreds of dollars they will never reach endgame material... learning how to add in Runestones, Companions, Mounts, is no overnight feat.

The learning curve is still very real... the content completion is still necessary... it would take a thousand dollars to pay for all the content completions and max out runestones and companions and mounts and bags on just one character... anyone that is willing to pay that amount for those things, I tip my hat to them.

I'm glad some will as they are keeping the game alive for me and you to play.

So next time you see a noob running around with a thousand dollars worth of stuff on their character, be nice, they are the ones buying your stuff on the market and keeping the game alive for you to play.

Post edited by liberatrix on
    players cheating with the quest bugged and they getting infinity maps and others players farming 10hours for 5maps
    players with full set weapons are cheating 100% the quest map
    > @"madrigal#2900" said:
    > (Quote)
    > until it happens to you - repeatedly

i never cheating the quest and i dont care for the weapons set i will skip the game again for 1 year is boring and dead
    i dont even know that quest with the treasure maps till guildies and allies tell me that
    this developers are the worst they cant even make the game good so players can have some fun
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

or, make them unbound, that would also work.

and when u see them like 14-20mill each u gonna start another uproar
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

exploit cheating u say but no proof of that anywhere.....
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Hi @nitocris83

Could you validate please if this weapons are already in the game for OP please?
    I have already open 178 maps on my OP and nothing at all. It's abused when you see than all other classes drop their weapons for 3 times less.

Thanks in advance.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    brewald said:

Hi @nitocris83

Could you validate please if this weapons are already in the game for OP please?
    I have already open 178 maps on my OP and nothing at all. It's abused when you see than all other classes drop their weapons for 3 times less.

Thanks in advance.

If they tell you they are in the game will you trust it ? Remember watcher weapons, it's an easter egg, you are getting close to it guys !

W.A.I
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Dunno how people are getting 100s of maps, but I'm working with a CW
    and have gotten ZERO maps in an hour. So if I manage to get one, what
    are my odds of getting a weapon? ...And then the offhand? Well, it's ZERO.

I liked Chult... Once they fixed the t-rex fang drops.
    But then Chult was wide open with lots of small dungeons and variety.

Update: To be fair, I got three maps just last hour.
    Post edited by obsiddia on
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

Dunno how people are getting 100s of maps, but I'm working with a CW
    and have gotten ZERO maps in an hour. So if I manage to get one, what
    are my odds of getting a weapon? ...And then the offhand? Well, it's ZERO.

I liked Chult... Once they fixed the t-rex fang drops.
    But then Chult was wide open with lots of small dungeons and variety.

Update: To be fair, I got three maps just last hour.

to be fair my map drop rate seems to about 1 every three days
    already given up on legion set as i have had to give up running cr lomm tic tomm and now zuriels
    i refuse to put another cent into the game so chances are my toon wont become much more powerfull as cost of upgrading runestones/enhancements is very real