test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[M19] 5 men tomm has been completed

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
edited July 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
dps pov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNE-IG0-AmY&start=22s

op healer pov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC-IHcqXQvk

[2 CW, 1 DC, 1OP heal, 1OP tank]

Every dps in that run had -25% incoming healing, this post isn't just to brag about us completing or to call healers that cry "uGGHhhH nURfs" bad.

This post is to show that the lionheart weapon damage buff has led to horrible powercreep yet again, and it can be seen in the damage of the group and to some lesser extent in the healing (weapon damage affects healing aswell).

The same powercreep stuff is true for content like TIC aswell, for someone that's bis that dungeon is just a "whoever reaches mobs first kills them" and that is a big issue in my eyes since yet again we are at the point where for an endgamer there isn't really any content to do, and don't say zariel, as you can see from the links above the weapons for zariel aren't even needed.

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    This is why I believe they need to hard cap damage, if they can do it for things like defense why not for dps? By not doing this you have this ever present gap between the BIS brigade and the rest, which means lots of players leaving because of the unrealistic grinding or monetary expenses needed to get there. If they used the foundry to satisfy the BIS endgamers, instead of making endgame content that at best 5% of the players can do, you would not lose so many players all the time.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    It is in the nature of Tankbusters, that elite content can cleared by small amounts of players.
    We know that in the shape of them Game TOP DPS can outdps the average players by over 100%.
    3 DPS can performance like 6 DPS.
    After the Milestone of Tankbuster is taken, you can win the game. And TOMM is AoE damage to prevent. What you did is, that this group of five players would perform worse with 6 Players. Because the solo heal would decrease by the sixth target.
    You did these changes - because you never see the bigger picture.
    If you want stop this.
    Start thinking.

What you do is simply aiming the king but shot the peasent. You pull out the nerfhammer and add workload. But the TOP players will adapt the increased workload while the average player get overwhelmed.

It is not that smart to implement AoE Heal decrease per target, while AoE DPS received remain 100% per target. An average player is now a burden. That is what you implemented.

Edit: I thought about what I wrote, but I fear you will not understand what I mean with added workload: The more players you are, the harder it is to use increased single Target heal. While you are smaller amount of players, organized - you can handle it - only small amount of players need focus of healer. It's easier to handle with the AoE crackers in TOMM, because you need only evade 4 players instead of 9. With smaller amount of players, the healer is stronger now. With TAB he has an answer against Tank Bustering. What you did is shifting the stress to DPS. Because while you need 1 Tank and 1 Heal in this setup you need small amount of TOP DPS. Better 4 than 5, better 3 than 4. Ever single DPS you add will only lead to a faster victory but stress Heal and Tank.

The bigger Picture of shared Magnitude Heals is pretty easy.
    1 Heal 1 DPS
    1000 DPS
    1 Heal 2 DPS
    1000 DPS 400 DPS = Average DPS 700 - Is the new answer that we kick the burden 400 DPS that only add useless workload to the healer, while he eat 50% of the heals for the 1000DPS. Funny changes. Because it's more realistic that the 3 Person setup will wipe than the 2 Person setup. Don't tell me you did not want that. It is what you implemented. The small man burden.

The bigger Picture is that it was a huge fault to remove stabilizers like Shield of Faith. You removed evenly shared non discriminatory heals. That don't make a difference between the better and the worse players. Once you remove the reduced magnitudes of healing while you heal in an area with corpses - and if you again ignore the bigger picture than you will give us an answer. Because than the burden is better dead and remain dead. The less and the stronger is the new Meta.

Stop Tank bustering. Increase the damage received but spread it and give time to react.
    Post edited by drago#3250 on
  • abuzittinreyizabuzittinreyiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User

It is in the nature of Tankbusters, that elite content can cleared by small amounts of players.
    We know that in the shape of them Game TOP DPS can outdps the average players by over 100%.
    3 DPS can performance like 6 DPS.
    After the Milestone of Tankbuster is taken, you can win the game. And TOMM is AoE damage to prevent. What you did is, that this group of five players would perform worse with 6 Players. Because the solo heal would decrease by the sixth target.
    You did these changes - because you never see the bigger picture.
    If you want stop this.
    Start thinking.

What you do is simply aiming the king but shot the peasent. You pull out the nerfhammer and add workload. But the TOP players will adapt the increased workload while the average player get overwhelmed.

It is not that smart to implement AoE Heal decrease per target, while AoE DPS received remain 100% per target. An average player is now a burden. That is what you implemented.

Edit: I thought about what I wrote, but I fear you will not understand what I mean with added workload: The more players you are, the harder it is to use increased single Target heal. While you are smaller amount of players, organized - you can handle it - only small amount of players need focus of healer. It's easier to handle with the AoE crackers in TOMM, because you need only evade 4 players instead of 9. With smaller amount of players, the healer is stronger now. With TAB he has an answer against Tank Bustering. What you did is shifting the stress to DPS. Because while you need 1 Tank and 1 Heal in this setup you need small amount of TOP DPS. Better 4 than 5, better 3 than 4. Ever single DPS you add will only lead to a faster victory but stress Heal and Tank.

The bigger Picture of shared Magnitude Heals is pretty easy.
    1 Heal 1 DPS
    1000 DPS
    1 Heal 2 DPS
    1000 DPS 400 DPS = Average DPS 700 - Is the new answer that we kick the burden 400 DPS that only add useless workload to the healer, while he eat 50% of the heals for the 1000DPS. Funny changes. Because it's more realistic that the 3 Person setup will wipe than the 2 Person setup. Don't tell me you did not want that. It is what you implemented. The small man burden.

The bigger Picture is that it was a huge fault to remove stabilizers like Shield of Faith. You removed evenly shared non discriminatory heals. That don't make a difference between the better and the worse players. Once you remove the reduced magnitudes of healing while you heal in an area with corpses - and if you again ignore the bigger picture than you will give us an answer. Because than the burden is better dead and remain dead. The less and the stronger is the new Meta.

Stop Tank bustering. Increase the damage received but spread it and give time to react.

OP healer is using Divine Shelter to heal multiple people (220 magnitude, doesnt divide) in that video. and hypothermias are significantly harder in a 5 players run compared to 6 players run, as you can see in the video the op healer forced to survive most of the hypothermias alone, just to prevent dps from dying and losing hp & damage. not to mention that everyone except the tank will have ice most of the time... (sorry for quoting the whole message, i suck at quoting lol)
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    And most say pallyheals are useless now.
    It doesn't matter if they took 20 min or 2 hours to complete it, doing it with 5 might bring a nerf for the mayority.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    shugensha said:

And most say pallyheals are useless now.
    It doesn't matter if they took 20 min or 2 hours to complete it, doing it with 5 might bring a nerf for the mayority.

Nah it won't bring any nerfs, cw's are somewhere at the bottom of the list in terms of dps, and in my experience other classes are catching up to the cleric. As for the tank and healer devs know that the majority of players don't even care enough to improve their playstyle/character enough to be decent, most just come to the forums and cry "plz gib buffs".

Also i've seen a cleric solo heal tower of the mad mage (a 10man run obviously). It's just that some dps changed a few pieces of gear around to have more hp and they -get ready- played with more care than usual and bundled together for heals. Shocker, i know.