test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranger need more

kushdu#9101 kushdu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Mod19 opens the option to go with a hunter archer in high level content, thats good news. But Rangers are a full dps class, we got no other option. We need better damage for warden melee and hunter archery powers. We are losing ground with the other clases.

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I have resigned to the fact that if you play archer you will be permanently hobbled (this has been the case since mod 3). I just wish they could tell us why they do this all the time? I can only think they use the argument that because it is a ranged class they have an advantage over those that need to get close to the enemy. There are some examples where this is right but no where near as much risk is taken to justify the huge difference in dps performance.

Having said that at least aimed shot is usable again, but besides that you just need to accept the reality that if you play the ranger with a bow you will always be the worst dps. I play this game for immersion first, which is the best approach in my opinion for any class any way, I thus always enjoy playing my archer even when they give it a peashooter all the time.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    It's not that bad right now (very good single target burst actually) if you try to go archery. tinker with it more and play on it