test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dwarven Splunken (I hope I spelt that right) - hardly drops!

oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
I've been trying to get this item for so long - and after so many runs in the Prophecy/Throne - I didn't get it at all - can you increase the drop rate? There's a boon I'm trying to get lol!

Comments

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    You can buy it from ah :( . People already wrote about that problem - DS low drop rate and... Nothing.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Not paying 300k for a stupid boon point via AH . Drop rate needs to be fixed much like the battleworn metal rod drop rate was .
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Old content. Droprate was fine when everyone was doing it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    They also removed the lesser demonic key, which means you can only open 1 chest a day, and at twice of the cost of a lesser key. So its older content AND less resources available to open the chest rewards. And yes 300k is way overpriced.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2020

They also removed the lesser demonic key, which means you can only open 1 chest a day, and at twice of the cost of a lesser key. So its older content AND less resources available to open the chest rewards. And yes 300k is way overpriced.

The current price is around 420K in PC.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • caldess#8090 caldess Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2020

So you just stated that anyone who got the book had to invest twice the resources to get it. And then a sentence later you say its overpriced? I can understand that it is not what your generation of insta gratification nerds is used to.. but doing a dungeon/skirmish for 2 weeks to get the desired book is basic mmo 101 "grind" since over 20 years. Like honestly.. the grind for that book is not much.. and it locks you out of two boons.. so nothing game changing. You just have to be patient wait for a double currency week.. farm the currency and you can craft keys for months.. somewhen you get the book.. you are happy.. you get your boon plus the one that comes after it.. and hey there you go...thats what is called "a goal to work towards"..
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @caldess Wow, you completely missed on what was overpriced. 300k for a boon is way overpriced, not the item itself. And "my generation"? How in the world can you possibly know how old I am? It seems like you wanted to take a dig at the younger generation (late thirties hardly qualifies) and hijacked this post to do so, while completely missing the point that the OP made, then I agreed with: 300k is overpriced for a BOON. I then went on to give my take on WHY it was so expensive.

p.s. I worked my way through Everquest hell levels before they were removed. Anyone else who did those can testify there was no insta-gratification. oh, and the completed iceclad maps.