test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give healers DPS to make up for lost heals

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
Another Idea since heals were nerfed 80% as shown here. https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/hjx0y2/the_80_nerf_on_healing/ Would be to instead give DPS to healers for the 80% of outgoing heals lost. This way they would feel as if they are contributing to the party in some way if no longer able to give that boost on the healing side. This would then help maybe healers to still feel somewhat useful instead of struggling to keep up heals that are not longer effective.

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Look... the healing has to come from somewhere. It was determined that healing is too easy now. If we want to make healers more relevant, the best next step IMO... is to double the cooldown on Stones of Health, add an item slot to everyone (4 item slots). Players could use the extra item slot to equip potions that would be on a separate cooldown timer from stones.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Healing is too easy for the 1% not the average player base. Healing currently is not enough and feels lack luster as being a healer currently when played is clunky, dull, and extremely boring. Its not fun as many healers have stated already. Not to mention insufficient to heal the average player group. Not the 1%, I am talking real players in not top tier guilds. Doubling on the time of stones will only make party wipes worse causing blame to even more be on the healer. Many players have invested so much time and effort into their healers. I know its easy to brush off healers concerns as a DPS player, so perhaps healers can gain dps. Not as much as pure dps does..so they do touch up heals much like we have now, but can also contribute more to the fight so it may feel more enjoyable to play. I know many don't seem to care about healers, but if I don't stand up for myself and others then nobody will. This is just another idea to try and help healing classes.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    No need to double the cooldown the price has tripled. It now costs 2500 ad per charge on your stone of health
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Look... the healing has to come from somewhere. It was determined that healing is too easy now. If we want to make healers more relevant, the best next step IMO... is to double the cooldown on Stones of Health, add an item slot to everyone (4 item slots). Players could use the extra item slot to equip potions that would be on a separate cooldown timer from stones.

i like the idea of double the cooldown on stone of health.
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    PAY2HEAL business model of 2020?
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    if they give to healers decent dps we will create a new meta : 1 tank, 9 healer
    they will not do it.

just to ask : our aoe heals decrease the magnitude by the number of player healed; why the dps aoe powers don't have the same mechanics? let them suffer like us, this is true equality and balance :)
    but for dps the real challenge is on boss, so maybe they would suffer less for that type of mechanic.... so do the opposite? decrease the maglitude of your ST power the less target you hit.
    doesn't make any sense? neighter do the one on aoe on healers, so again : tue equality and balance :)

as it is now i don't enjoy playing a healer, not because of the nerf (nerf come and go, or more precisely come and come again) but if post mod 16 the mechanics were berable, now they are not.
    reality is what most recognize as true