test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healer: Ground Rules

shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
So, we all hate the nerf so we need to put some groud rules for the parties.

1) If you go ahead and enter before the tank, no heals for you.
2) If you fight the boss next to the tank and not behind the boss, no heals for you.
3) If you don't avoid obvious aoe attacks (like tong), no heals for you.
4) If you don't avoid the red floors, no heals for you.
5) If by ignoring one of this rules you die, i won't revive you.

We might consider heal you if you can prove you have lag.

Other than those, if someone else think of a nice ground rule, please say it.
The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

Comments

• foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Im a healer, I agree with you
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Great news! So -25% incoming healing is ok from my boots? No blacklist? XD

Jokes aside, fair post!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    * If you use those -25% incoming heal boots, no heals for you
    * If you do not carry heal potions so you can do some self-heal, no heals for you
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    if you pull more mobs than you can chew - no heals for you
    if you open every freaking portal in MSP and you expect to be healed - sorry no heals for you

disclosure: if you are new to random queues please provide 2 witnesses that you studied and understand the mechanics of all 33 dungeon/skirmishes or no heals for you :)
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Wait? There's healing in this game still? Hard to tell. :P
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,091 Arc User

It's no heals for you in any case, because there are no heals left in this game :)
    (except for p2w healing stones - that's the whole point of these updates)

People really need to get off the "P2W" mantra with this game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Hey I pay for healing stones to win most content in this game now. :D
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It's no heals for you in any case, because there are no heals left in this game :)
    (except for p2w healing stones - that's the whole point of these updates)

People really need to get off the "P2W" mantra with this game.
    Some would rather complain that it's P2W rather than learn how to make AD. GL squashing them all HOWEVER if you succeed, I'm sicking you on flat earthers next XD
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    *If you are greywynd, no heal for you (just kidding, don't hate me).
    *But most important, if you are an a-hole, get ready to rage quit or burn your stones, cuz no heal for you.

I make exceptions for new players and even teach them the mechanics (if i know the mechanics), yesterday was stuck in a looooong CR explaining the last boss.
    And the game is not P2W. You literally can buy zen with ad and then buy things from the zen store. What ppl call "P2W" its just ppl that can afford to spend real money, nothing else.

Potions/Stones is something ppl always need to have (even healers). The nerf will be slowly get micro buffs, and i am amazed ppl say there aren't healers, most warlocks i know started to go Heal.

• paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    For me there´s only one rule.

Healers are having problems now with multiple things. Dont be another problem.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Back in the good old days, when the foundry was up and it was fun to explore, one of the top foundry missions/quests/whatever they were called was "Tired of being a hero?" In it, the player kills the party's healer because he spent the entire run bossing everyone else around.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Back in the good old days, when the foundry was up and it was fun to explore, one of the top foundry missions/quests/whatever they were called was "Tired of being a hero?" In it, the player kills the party's healer because he spent the entire run bossing everyone else around.

Yeah, I remember that. It was a fun quest.

I play as a dps and tank too. Sometimes as dps I race ahead to win a paingiver contest that I involved myself to make dungeon more fun for me.

BUUUUT

If i die because I went alone, I know its my fault and I will never blame the healer, ever if he purposely chose not to heal me. I went alone because I wanted, Im on my own.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    It is more accurate to have the title called just "Ground rules". Whatever class you play it helps if one understands how the enemies all work. One would think this can be taken for granted but too many times one sees people treating everything as a speed run never moving, never bothering with anything other than spamming out damage. Understanding what damage must be avoided at all costs and what can be ignored already solves more than half of all the problems of party failure.

Regarding resurrect, the revive should almost always be the duty of the dps and NOT the support class, too many times have I seen dps players ignoring other players down. I can only assume that they think this is the job of the healer or they are simply don't want to lose out on winning paingiver points. As for people running ahead of party all the time, kick them, there is no debate here that this is just bad behaviour.

Having said that, just like bad dps play, as a healer you also can't just be healing spam bots, again stating the obvious here, but too many times one sees this happening.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    shugensha said:

Potions/Stones is something ppl always need to have (even healers). The nerf will be slowly get micro buffs, and i am amazed ppl say there aren't healers, most warlocks i know started to go Heal.

There probably is no shortage of healer place-holders ATM, as RQs still offer bonus AD for the tanks.

However... the healing ability is funny.
    Yesterday I ended up twice in the CoDG - it started when the elevator shook a little, everyone lost 3/4 of life and the healers were like "Okey, what now?" And when we arrived to the toddler... as a tank I turned into full-time resurrection machine. The amount of splash damage was simply too far ahead to anything the healers could manage.
    And I could not blame the dps to get caught by some red circles as the big killer one is visible to me only if I am not standing in it, and the spammed small ones - depending on ping are unavoidable.
    ... just a disclaimer: the mechanics were all flawlessly managed, so we were not dragged down by some ignorant noob. We failed due to the lack of healing.

So yes, we have now a lot of healer place-holders. Rejoice!
    rikitaki said:

shugensha said:

There probably is no shortage of healer place-holders ATM, as RQs still offer bonus AD for the tanks.

However... the healing ability is funny.
    Yesterday I ended up twice in the CoDG - it started when the elevator shook a little, everyone lost 3/4 of life and the healers were like "Okey, what now?" And when we arrived to the toddler... as a tank I turned into full-time resurrection machine. The amount of splash damage was simply too far ahead to anything the healers could manage.
    And I could not blame the dps to get caught by some red circles as the big killer one is visible to me only if I am not standing in it, and the spammed small ones - depending on ping are unavoidable.
    ... just a disclaimer: the mechanics were all flawlessly managed, so we were not dragged down by some ignorant noob. We failed due to the lack of healing.

So yes, we have now a lot of healer place-holders. Rejoice!
    That is danm true, the last boss its a pain to heal, but mostly cuz everyone is splited and we can't regen divinity/soulweave to keep with the dmg while moving around like crazy. But then again, in that kind of fights you can't make everyone group hugs cuz the aoes.

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    My suggestion at this point is to wait and evaluate the healer balance. In the mean time, add 1 item slot to all characters. There are sooo many items in the game that don't get used cause they don't warrant a coveted item slot. Healing stone recharge time should then be doubled, but kept independent from healing potion recharge times. This way, if a player wants they can run stones plus healing potions. Healing potions, miscellaneous items, and healing potions boons would all gain value with this change.

Yeah i would kill that healer too tbh. One thing is wait until the fight finish to give tips or some usefull info, other is not heal just to say "you, move there! you, get out of there!". There are plenty dps/tanks doing that already on pugs.

My suggestion at this point is to wait and evaluate the healer balance. In the mean time, add 1 item slot to all characters. There are sooo many items in the game that don't get used cause they don't warrant a coveted item slot. Healing stone recharge time should then be doubled, but kept independent from healing potion recharge times. This way, if a player wants they can run stones plus healing potions. Healing potions, miscellaneous items, and healing potions boons would all gain value with this change.

I would make HP Regen active on fights (to some extent), this way the healer can focus on emergencie healing or buffs/debuffs while the party can be at ease that there will be enough divinity/soulweave to cover them if something goes wrong.

And i feel i need to clarify somethings about this post:

1) It was made after plenty of pugs (pre-post mod 19) where ppl just ran ahead and i needed to chase to keep them alive, burning my sparks/soulweave just to keep one yolo alive, that will end up cursing me if the dmg was bigger than my speed to get there or something. So yes, it was made when i got enough shhit from TOXIC players.

2) I don't care if you think your role is hard, Healer is the hardest. We need to keep an eye on the mobs, the team life, the floor, the divinity/soulweave, the items, and most of the times we take the bullet for "human errors" others cause (just like the tanks, but we are the ones that can keep you alive when your healing items are on cd or the boss/mobs ignore the tank aggro).

3) I am NOT saying "follow them to the letter" cuz even i bend them and end up healing that one barbi or rogue that needed to prove how good he/she is in paingiver.

You need to really HAMSTER off a healer or find him/her on a really bad mood to not heal you even with aoe in a group hug.

• northwind1974northwind1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    If you as DPS do not have your defense & crit avoidance stat capped, you do not get a heal! :)