test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Insignia upgrade total fail now

Hi,

I'm not sure what was the developer's aims behind. But I'm not really thinking they wanted to make it easier to manage. More like making it an economic burst to try upgrading epic insignia to legendary?
500 of these damn "insignia powders" actually cost about 600k AD and raising. 10 epic insignias, cheapest 75k each. Drastically raising now...
Plus the cost of the price of the epic insignia wanting to upgrade.

In comparison to the quite static price of legendary insignia from the ZenStore-Boxes this will now be the only economic relevant source.

Great PayToWin, crashed the working system.

Thanks.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    And where did Cryptic say the new system was easier. The only thing they promised was that it would mean keeping less Insignia in your inventory. As soon as I saw how many of this new powder was required for upgrade, and how much you got for converting unwanted insignia, it was obvious that it would not be easy. It is a great system for anyone selling unbound insignia though.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    The prices are just high because everyone is doing the same thing, buying green/blue to upgrade their exisiting insignias.

Insignia prices always go down slowly over time, and once this small spike is over it will go back to the trending downcurve.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

The prices are just high because everyone is doing the same thing, buying green/blue to upgrade their exisiting insignias.

Insignia prices always go down slowly over time, and once this small spike is over it will go back to the trending downcurve.

Meanwhile we can farm all of the green insignia we need...
  • raymonj#7331 raymonj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    adinosii said:

I like the new system. I already have a full set of max-rank insignia, but this gives me something to do with the "worthless" character/account bound green and blue insignia I keep getting, so overall, a good thing.

These insignia have never been "worthless". The ones with some worth were usable on crafting with enough of the others required, the one crafted wasn't bound. It just wasn't practicable to keep all of them. Now it makes no difference, prices will tend to be nearly same for all.
    Btw your green insignia is now really worth nothing as you need to drop 250 of any type for one upgrade of an epic to legendary. This is a loss for the player, not a boost.

Prices are not "high". They just tend to be equal on any type of green/blue ones. E.g. blue ones tend around 10k now, before cheapest were about 5k, dominance 40k. "Brutal from "Zen-Only-Boxes" are dropping in price. The thing they damage their Zen-sales, because it's getting a more economic waste to open insignia packs now.
    kharkov58 said:

And where did Cryptic say the new system was easier. The only thing they promised was that it would mean keeping less Insignia in your inventory. As soon as I saw how many of this new powder was required for upgrade, and how much you got for converting unwanted insignia, it was obvious that it would not be easy. It is a great system for anyone selling unbound insignia though.

Did I say they said they wanted to make it easier or did I write "they wanted to make it easier to manage"?

And yes, what you call "obvious that it would not be easy" is in sum that it is an economic waste to upgrade insignia, because this is much more expensive than buying legendary insignia sourced from ZenBoxes at their static price.

In conclusion I just mean before you needed 8+4+2 insignia green+blue+epic. Now you need 250green or 50blue or 10epic.
    Fair would have been 3 "powders" for green, 20 for blue and 80 for epic at a sum of 500. Just because the balance from before should be kept.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    if u are in a hurry u pay..otherwise u wait till u farm them :)
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I'm really happy about the change. Recovered 50% of bag space, and will now have a use for all the green ones that drop from content and have to spend exactly 0 ad to refine.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

I'm really happy about the change. Recovered 50% of bag space, and will now have a use for all the green ones that drop from content and have to spend exactly 0 ad to refine.

as you said on guild website la shan it this presise second in time insignia are vastly out priced give it a few weeks and the price will even out and greens will be worth what 2 insignia powder are worth
    you dont need all the new shinies same day they apear or if you do thats what $ or £ are for

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I like the new system because I actually can upgrade without paying or buying. I have been stashing insignia because of the previous system but I did not have many Epic to make it worthwhile. Hence, just pure stashing and nothing to show for. Now, I actually make progress with what I stashed. And, my character bound insignia actually has some value now.

In the previous system, I will have to 'buy' Epic because I don't think I could farm them. With the current system, in theory, I can farm everything although it may take forever.

It was pay to win. Now, I can farm.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2020

And yes, what you call "obvious that it would not be easy" is in sum that it is an economic waste to upgrade insignia, because this is much more expensive than buying legendary insignia sourced from ZenBoxes at their static price.

I don't know... For my personnal knowledge, i counted how many powder i made from pre-mod19 blue and green insignias (all purely looted except a bunch of brutality i bought long ago), just to have an idea about how many legendary insignias a player can produce playing ~300d/365d with 4h-5h/day played .

Honnestly, without paying attention on picking up insignias (I more often than not forget about looting mid bosses during dungeons, especially the oldest dungeons, i don't collect skill nodes, i don't open chests if it's not the end dungeon/instance one, all of that being sources of insignias), but hoarding nonetheless since mod16.
    Around 12 months fully played later (14 total if you add holydays and some week ends offline) i have 7512 powder, enough to upgrade 12 insignias from green all the way to orange
    4 with BtA/BtC insignias looted, 8 with unbound insignias looted .

I guess it's still worth it to produce one unbound legendary every 3 months with BtA/BtC green and blue insignias you can't really put in any meaningfull other use (the gold value selling to npc or guildmarks value when donating as the alternatives being ridiculously low)